**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

His dad, c'mon
😂 huh?

Not sure what you’re trying to say.

He’s going to get the advantage of being one of the last people drafted because of his dad… but in a draft position that doesn’t mean anything because normally those guys don’t make the team.

Now if you’re suggesting that he’s going to make the roster that’s something else.

They gon cape for Rob and Jeanie no matter what. They goin hard to make sure picking Bronny won't be seen for what it is. That's ok. Like E said, hopefully one of the other teams gets him and gives him a shot at his own career.
Cape 🤣

Hmm.. since when does saying IDC if they pick him or not the pick is useless = caping.

Cmon dude.

😂 huh?

Not sure what you’re trying to say.

He’s going to get the advantage of being one of the last people drafted because of his dad… but in a draft position that doesn’t mean anything because normally those guys don’t make the team.

Now if you’re suggesting that he’s going to make the roster that’s something else.

Wait you think the Lakers will draft Bron's son and he not be on the main roster after all the **** they've said about no 2-ways?

They gon cape for Rob and Jeanie no matter what. They goin hard to make sure picking Bronny won't be seen for what it is. That's ok. Like E said, hopefully one of the other teams gets him and gives him a shot at his own career.
I love the facade that you give AF what happens to kiddo.
I'm sure someone bought that. Sounded adorable. 🤣

Help me out guys… guaranteed roster spots, what are the Lakers looking at right now. Off the top of my head, this is what comes to mind.

Gabe/JHS
Austin/Knecht
Rui/Vando
Lebron (I know he has an option but let’s be real)/Wood
AD

Player options: DLo, Hayes, Reddish
Restricted: Christie

Not sure about Max Lewis.

So with Rob talking that talk about trades being hard, and not knowing what guys are going to do with their options… how many roster spots will be available going into free agency and what needs still need to filled?

i

Los Angeles Lakers

The pick: Dalton Knecht, SF (No. 17)

Knecht shockingly fell out of the lottery and into the welcoming hands of the Lakers, who gleefully picked him up. A half-dozen NBA executives told ESPN that it was Knecht's age -- he turned 23 on April 19 -- and not any concerns about his medicals or other reasons. His workouts and interviews were excellent, some of those same executives confirmed, with his defense being another reason that was cited for why he slid down the draft board.

Some surprising picks that were made in the middle of the lottery caused Knecht to slide past the group of teams he was most focused on in the pre-draft process with visits and workouts, causing a big chunk of teams to pass on selecting him, including the Miami Heat and Philadelphia 76ers. Both of those teams seem to be in win-now mode and could clearly use a shooter/scorer in his mold.

Knecht is the most prolific scorer in this draft not named Zach Edey, averaging a robust 28 points per-40 minutes despite entire defenses planning for slowing him down on a nightly basis. He's a prolific shooter who converted 40% of his 3s, but also does quite a bit of damage in the open court, attacking closeouts, in pick-and-roll, in the post and coming off screens, making him a complete offensive player.

New Lakers coach JJ Redick is a huge fan of this pick, a team source told ESPN, as he has been preaching the importance of adding shooting to the roster, not a surprise considering Redick made over 2,000 NBA 3s in his career at a 41% clip.

"None of us thought he'd be there. It's crazy. The most ready guy in the draft, ready to play right away," the team source said.

This team just wasted another draft year. Folks crazy to even think edey would land at 17 lol. This team done done. Shouda just picked bronny and sell more jerseys
I’m surprised Edey wasn’t #1

The 8 teams that passed on him are about to feel the wrath of the Kraken once the season starts

Edey should win Rookie of the Year easily cause he will play big minutes in Memphis

Help me out guys… guaranteed roster spots, what are the Lakers looking at right now. Off the top of my head, this is what comes to mind.

Gabe/JHS
Austin/Knecht
Rui/Vando
Lebron (I know he has an option but let’s be real)/Wood
AD

Player options: DLo, Hayes, Reddish
Restricted: Christie

Not sure about Max Lewis.

So with Rob talking that talk about trades being hard, and not knowing what guys are going to do with their options… how many roster spots will be available going into free agency and what needs still need to filled?

When you add Christie and Max Lewis for the time being. Theres 3 spots left. 2 when you add # 55.

And 3 holes
1. A PG
2. Quasi stater / bench Center
3. Wing depth.

And not much recourse to do it.

Does this mean we’re going after Jonas?
or does it mean we just don’t value size?

AD, Wood and Hayes run it back?
I’d say it’s almost a lock Valanciunas will sign for the MLE

Axtion Jaxson was most successful in NO when he and Jonas were on the court at the same time in 2-Big lineups

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom