**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Worthy was 33 when he retired.

"Several years" was 3 seasons. 3 seasons after trading Shaquille O'neal they were back in the NBA Finals.

And during those years this thread was SALIVATING at trading for Kevin Garnett and uniting him with Kobe.

Kobe himself was going homicidal waiting, he was tryin to trade folks or be traded himself.

I know you wanna rewrite history to save Jeanie and Rob but you ain't gon just lie in here and get away with it. :smh:
Who said anything about what happened in this thread? Or Jeanie and Rob for that matter? 🤣 my man you getting borderline weird with this narrative that all my posts have something to do with them. Trust me, if I have something to say about those two … good or bad, I’ll say their names.

And if Kobe doesn’t put pressure on the front office to make a move who knows what would’ve happened. Maybe they do something, maybe not… still the point remains they didn’t do much until being pressured to do so.

Btw, doesn’t matter if it was THREE years or THIRTY THREE… They aren’t trying to compete for titles every year. No one does… but go ahead and try to tell me otherwise.

there were several seasons post Shaq where LA was stuck in mediocrity until the Gasol deal went down.

I addressed this already but let me type it a different way for your ownership group.

Bron never went 4 straight seasons without reaching the NBA Finals........until these last 4......with the franchise that's been to the most NBA Finals in history.

And he in real danger of making it 5. :smh:

But yeah, those "several" seasons post Shaq were horrible.

**** Tim Thomas for life. :smh:

I thought Hinson was like 6'8 out there, but he's like 6'6. :lol:

Good pass by Lewis just now. I know athletically he can hang in the league, but if he can polish his ball skills and IQ, it will go a long ways.

Who said anything about what happened in this thread? Or Jeanie and Rob for that matter? 🤣 my man you getting borderline weird with this narrative that all my posts have something to do with them. Trust me, if I have something to say about those two … good or bad, I’ll say their names.

And if Kobe doesn’t put pressure on the front office to make a move who knows what would’ve happened. Maybe they do something, maybe not… still the point remains they didn’t do much until being pressured to do so.

Stop. You tryin to rewrite Jerry Buss history ain't hard to spot. You wondering aloud if he'd pay or not pay old players and using Bron/AD as examples ain't hard to see.
Same as you pivoting to "good job not making any moves if they aren't the right moves" as if any of their moves been worth a **** for four years now.

It's ok you do it, don't try to hide from it when you get asked about it tho.

Good or bad..... :lol: As if you have any posts saying anything bad about either one of them but you spent some time recently tryin to figure out what Jerry Buss would do in these situations. :lol:

I addressed this already but let me type it a different way for your ownership group.

Bron never went 4 straight seasons without reaching the NBA Finals........until these last 4......with the franchise that's been to the most NBA Finals in history.

And he in real danger of making it 5. :smh:

But yeah, those "several" seasons post Shaq were horrible.

**** Tim Thomas for life. :smh:
Ah.

So we’re comparing prime LeBron in a weaker conference, to an aging one in a much tougher one.

Again, we’ve come to the argue just for the sake of arguing part of the day 😂

He didn't say a COTDAMB thing in defense of them.
Speaking of just making *censored* up.
"Well I know he MEANT..."
No.
You don't.

I’ve given this some thought recently…

On one hand Dr Buss wasn’t sentimental at all about older players, and he was perfectly fine with moving on from Shaq instead of paying him into his declining years. Of course he had a young superstar to build around so that probably made the decision a little bit more easier to make. Would Dr Buss have paid an older Kobe, AD and Lebron?

At the same time Dr Buss held on to aging guys like Kareem, Worthy and probably would’ve held onto Magic as well. IDK really know if he would’ve paid Kobe, AD and Bron as they aged or not.

Grant not a great defender, not really active on the boards and he misses a lot of games.

Easy pass for me. 😂 I’d rather keep Rui if that’s the case

Some of it is he’s been a primary scorer last year or tried to be. People are hoping with less focus on offense, he’ll commit to defense.

Same could be said for Cam Johnson versus Rui as well.

Unless they went Trae or could turn off injury sliders on Lavine. All the names they could trade for are not better answers. And even those two names come with some questions.

Worthy was 33 when he retired.

"Several years" was 3 seasons. 3 seasons after trading Shaquille O'neal they were back in the NBA Finals.

And during those years this thread was SALIVATING at trading for Kevin Garnett and uniting him with Kobe.

Kobe himself was going homicidal waiting, he was tryin to trade folks or be traded himself.

You probably wanna rewrite history to save Jeanie and Rob but you ain't gon just lie in here and get away with it. :smh:

There, I edited it so it would read properly since he didn't name names or whatever other technicalities we wanna create now.

Should I remove homicidal since Kobe didn't actually kill anybody?

Do I need to remove salivating? I don't actually know if anyone was drooling. (Besides me)

Worthy mighta been 32 and a half......I could adjust that if required.

A guy who could win now and in the future, sure.
Anybody else, would need a huge protection on the pick IMO

WCJ good player and fits. But I’m only doing it if I’m unloading Gabe. And still would have a protection on it.

There, I edited it so it would read properly since he didn't name names or whatever other technicalities we wanna create now.

Do I need to remove salivating? I don't actually know if anyone was drooling. (Besides me)

And what point are you trying to make now so we can be clear?

The reports leading up to draft day made it seem like Yves Missi was going to be the guy if they went with a big at #17.
I need to see tape of Missi in the summer league. But based on the college tape, I liked Ware a little better but questions of his motor will persist so we'll see

So far Ware looking light in his toes for a center and is real mobile out there with multiple skills sets and facets to his game

Of course it's just SL, but this is where coaching and development come into play when given ample rotation minutes during the reg season.

I need to see tape of Missi in the summer league. But based on the college tape, I liked Ware a little better but questions of his motor will persist so we'll see

So far Ware looking light in his toes for a center and is real mobile out there with multiple skills sets and facets to his game

Of course it's just SL, but this is where coaching and development come into play when given ample rotation minutes during the reg season.
Ware had top 10 pick talent.

I edited it so it would read properly since he didn't name names or whatever other technicalities we wanna create now.
After the word 'since', you misspelled "I was wrong."
Someone not saying what you said that they said is not a *censored* technicality.
That's just being wrong. 🤣

Jesus Herbert Christ. 🤣
You really could benefit from learning how to debate.
Or socialize.
My god that was a reach.
"What? I'm just curious how literal we have to be now."
You said he said something that he didn't say.
Keep it simple... or avoid accountability.
You've clearly chosen your path: being messy to avoid accountability.

And what point are you trying to make now so we can be clear?
- You love Jeanie & Rob.
- You think Dr. Buss was a horrible owner.
- He knows what you're saying even when you don't say it.
- If he's wrong, actually... you're wrong.

I think those are the main points.

- You love Jeanie & Rob.
- You think Dr. Buss was a horrible owner.
- He knows what you're saying even when you don't say it.
- If he's wrong, actually... you're wrong.

I think those are the main points.
Thanks for clarifying 😂

Hopefully we can move on from this (non) debate now…

Back
Top Bottom