**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I just need Julius gone. Hopefully he gets relegated to the bench in favor of Larry.
nance jr dont even got 1/3rd the talent orange julius gots quit playing
Outside of maybe handling the ball, Larry does literally everything better than Julius. And that's being generous.
Magic. 
smokin.gif

Magic and Rob. 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

They're doing this the right way.

Also, thanks for always posting these vids, MR J 858. Very much appreciated.

I just need Julius gone. Hopefully he gets relegated to the bench in favor of Larry.

Outside of maybe handling the ball, Larry does literally everything better than Julius. And that's being generous.

Magic. :smokin

Magic and Rob. :smokin :smokin

They're doing this the right way.

Also, thanks for always posting these vids, MR J 858. Very much appreciated.

Julius is a better rebounder, has better post footwork/moves, stronger, just as good a midrange shooter, more skilled passer when he chooses to pass. Nance is smarter and more athletic.

Julius is a better rebounder, has better post footwork/moves, stronger, just as good a midrange shooter, more skilled passer when he chooses to pass. Nance is smarter and more athletic.
Nope.

Nance is a supremely gifted passer. Julius, on the other hand, isn't even a decent passer. 

Only thing I'll give you is post footwork/moves. And it's not really that much of plus since it almost always leads to some ugly *** forced shot with his left hand that ends up clanking off the backboard or rim. 

Who is filling the shooting void on a one year deal? Wonder if the Lakers take on Ben Mclemore as a reclamation project.

Last edited:
Hoping other teams with cap space blow their loads too early this summer.  Opening the door for us next summer.

I see Clarkson next one to go unless he really is that great 6th man piece this year that changes his game from ball stopper to one who will make that extra pass.  Especially considering the comments Magic issued posted above.  To me Clarkson is Swaggy-lite

Last edited:
Can someone please to me the salary cap situation next year.

So I know long term we only have Deng, Clarkson, Ingram, Nance (Team Option), Zubac (Team Option), and Julius Randle (QO). I don't know how much the Rookie salaries are but is it possible that we can sign those 2 max free agents, and then since Randle is our own player we sign him last and go over the cap to resign him?

We spent a long time tanking to obtain players like Randle and even Zubac and Lance to an extent, I don't want to give them up just for salary reasons if there are ways to go around it

Given everything that's been going on and everything Rob & Magic have said, I would be shocked if Randle or Clarkson is on the roster next offseason. I don't think Randle or JC have enough value to make a trade package with Deng enticing.

This team is trying to have Max cap space next summer so they can sign multiple Max free agents.

Last edited:
Given everything that's been going on and everything Rob & Magic have said, I would be shocked if Randle or Clarkson is on the roster next offseason. I don't think Randle or JC have enough value to make a trade package with Deng enticing.

This team is trying to have Max cap space next summer so they can sign multiple Max free agents.

This is why I'm not too worried about trading either of them. If our whole goal is to sign two max players next summer, then we can't afford to have JC and Randle on our roster. We're gonna have to get rid of them regardless, so why not now?

This is why I'm not too worried about trading either of them. If our whole goal is to sign two max players next summer, then we can't afford to have JC and Randle on our roster. We're gonna have to get rid of them regardless, so why not now?

Because what if you trade them then strike out in free agency and get left with your asscheeks hanging out. Morey was able to secure a free agent THEN make trades. Magic should be taking notes

Because what if you trade them then strike out in free agency and get left with your asscheeks hanging out. Morey was able to secure a free agent THEN make trades. Magic should be taking notes

I never said that they were making the right decision by going that route, but it's clear that cap space for 2018 is their #1 priority and their hell bent on creating as much as possible (see Russell trade). Striking out in free agency next year is a real possibility and he'd be screwed if it happens but Rob and Magic have made their beds on this one.

Do you think attaching Clarkson and/or Randle would be enough? Any suckers out there?

In a perfect world, I'd Clarkson+Deng someplace and have Randle be the centerpiece of a Paul George trade if Indy gets desperate. More than likely though we're gonna have to ride with Deng's contract into next season. It'll be easier to unload next summer.

Back
Top Bottom