**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

If KCP re-signs, the Lakers would have his Bird Rights next summer. I hope he sucks it up for the minimum, then the Lakers give him a short term, inflated contract next summer. :lol:

Kawhi might want to be a clipper

897FFBF3-2B54-4A98-A685-0439AB1E0BDB.gif

Let’s start looking at the inevitable, when kawhi stays in toronto what do we do?

I vote for trading THT And a future 2nd rounder for Dragic. hes making 19 million this year and on his final year. Then offer 12 to Danny green or cousins if green is gone and use 4.8 on Marcus Morris. Rest have to be vet mins.

It's kinda funny to think that at any second now the entire mood, direction and future of a franchise and its fans is going to change.

Like...millions of people are waiting for one man's decision of who he wants to play professional basketball for next season.
Is that not fascinating to anyone else?

Maybe my minds just too bored. Pray for me. :lol:

Got a basketball question for you gentlemen.

So I am going to preface this by saying I have argued with SO MANY Bron fans over the years about Bron vs. Kobe. The argument that used to make my blood boil is when Bron fans would claim that he would have a ton of titles if he had the luxury of playing with Shaq that Kobe had. I would ALWAYS respond that it is nothing more than baseless speculation that LeBron and Shaq would work together. Bron is at his best when the floor is spaced out, and not with a big man clogging the lane. I know my opinion is just that, an opinion. Although there is some evidence that my opinion could be correct, when you look at how Love and Bosh had to completely change the style of their game.

With that being said, are you guys worried even a little bit that the duo simply wont work as well as everyone assumes it will because of what I just said above? Both players are top 5, or conservatively top 7, players in the league. But is there at least a little bit of concern that Davis will not be able to play the same way he always has because Bron needs him to be parked on the 3 point line more?

Just curious. Hope I can get real responses, rather than a standard NBA thread response to a Warriors fan.

So I am going to preface this by saying I have argued with SO MANY Bron fans over the years about Bron vs. Kobe. The argument that used to make my blood boil is when Bron fans would claim that he would have a ton of titles if he had the luxury of playing with Shaq that Kobe had. I would ALWAYS respond that it is nothing more than baseless speculation that LeBron and Shaq would work together. Bron is at his best when the floor is spaced out, and not with a big man clogging the lane. I know my opinion is just that, an opinion. Although there is some evidence that my opinion could be correct, when you look at how Love and Bosh had to completely change the style of their game.

With that being said, are you guys worried even a little bit that the duo simply wont work as well as everyone assumes it will because of what I just said above? Both players are top 5, or conservatively top 7, players in the league. But is there at least a little bit of concern that Davis will not be able to play the same way he always has because Bron needs him to be parked on the 3 point line more?

Just curious. Hope I can get real responses, rather than a standard NBA thread response to a Warriors fan.
Great post. I agree that Bron wouldn’t hurt skate to titles with shaq in LA. Different era. Different style of play etc. both half court players. Worked well.

Regarding AD and lebron: this works today bc LeBron is old and hopefully understands he can’t/doesn’t have to do it all. That’s the difference. Plus AD ain’t a clog the lane type. He can also play outside In

The fact that LeBron yielding number 23 to him is showing that he’s ready to pass the mantle.

Re: Quinn cook. Lol. Standard player that we will be mad at in no time.

If KCP re-signs, the Lakers would have his Bird Rights next summer. I hope he sucks it up for the minimum, then the Lakers give him a short term, inflated contract next summer. :lol:

Was thinking the same, we did him a solid last off season. And the klutch connection obviously

AD and Bron will be fine. AD has as versatile of a game as any big in the league. He can score on all 3 levels and should compliment Bron's game tremendously.

^to add, both Kobe and Shaq were extremely ball dominant. As in, they wanted/needed to control the ball/the offense every play. Bron is 10x more of a distributor than Kobe was, and AD is 20x more of a receiver/shooter than Shaq was.

Back
Top Bottom