**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

The more I think about it, the more obvious an announcement tomorrow is. I mean. Meet with LA teams July 1st. Sleep. Meet Tor July 2nd. Relax with family in his 17 million dollar mansion near SD. Sleep. Wake up: ready to announce! Waiting any longer would mean the man is wayyuy weirder then I thought. He’s gotta be crazy indecisive to wait longer then tomorrow. That means he had his meetings and for 2 days was going back and forth? After have a year to think about it. Nah that **** ain’t normal

^to add, both Kobe and Shaq were extremely ball dominant. As in, they wanted/needed to control the ball/the offense every play. Bron is 10x more of a distributor than Kobe was, and AD is 20x more of a receiver/shooter than Shaq was.

I should have put in my original post that (obviously) Shaq and AD's games are totally different. And yes, DLF DLF and MVP MVP I know AD is more versatile and has played outside in a lot in his career.

But my counterpoint is that you could say the exact same thing about Chris Bosh and Kevin Love. Both of those guys had a history of playing outside in also. But as soon as they teamed up with Bron, they became more spot up shooters from the perimeter, and really not much in. AD is better than those 2, but still.

Anyway, just wanted to ask what you guys thought. I know you all are excited and rightfully so.

I should have put in my original post that (obviously) Shaq and AD's games are totally different. And yes, DLF DLF and MVP MVP I know AD is more versatile and has played outside in a lot in his career.

But my counterpoint is that you could say the exact same thing about Chris Bosh and Kevin Love. Both of those guys had a history of playing outside in also. But as soon as they teamed up with Bron, they became more spot up shooters from the perimeter, and really not much in. AD is better than those 2, but still.

Anyway, just wanted to ask what you guys thought. I know you all are excited and rightfully so.

Are you talking about with or without Kawhi?

Those dynamics of Love and Bosh were impacted because there were also Wade and Kyrie there which limited roles and touches for both Love and Bosh.

This version of Lebron is about to be 35. It’s not Mia Lebron or Cle Lebron. He’ll do a lot of post entry passes to AD and give the ball the AD and let him do his thang. Lebron will take a backseat and he should.

dland24 dland24 i’d like to preface this post saying Kobe > Bron forever :pimp:

But on a serious note, I think they’ll do fine together. Don’t think it’s necessarily a match made in heaven, but it’ll work. Especially if Lebron defers and plays more off-ball. Difference between shaq and AD is AD can stretch the floor. Spacing shouldn’t be much of a problem depending on who else we sign. I think it’s safe to say AD> Bosh/love as stretch bigs. And we saw how Lebron worked with both

I think you hit it on the head that AD is better than those two.

Its up coaching staff to optimize the offense/players, but for sure each player will change their roles/play a bit. Ideally Bron would take a backseat and let AD/Kawhi (please God) cook. But also consider load managements lol, less minutes together = more shots individually.

Somewhat related, I missed fat Minnesota Kevin Love. Dude was a walking 20/15, fantasy beast lol.

Last edited:
dland24 dland24 i’d like to preface this post saying Kobe > Bron forever
1348245C-5F6E-48B2-87D7-4CBEB31FBAAB.gif

Are you talking about with or without Kawhi?

Those dynamics of Love and Bosh were impacted because there were also Wade and Kyrie there which limited roles and touches for both Love and Bosh.

This is a fair question. I guess with Kawhi, the small concern I would have if I was one of you guys would go away almost completely (because of what you said about Wade/Ky).

dland24 dland24 i’d like to preface this post saying Kobe > Bron forever :pimp:

But on a serious note, I think they’ll do fine together. Don’t think it’s necessarily a match made in heaven, but it’ll work. Especially if Lebron defers and plays more off-ball. Difference between shaq and AD is AD can stretch the floor. Spacing shouldn’t be much of a problem depending on who else we sign. I think it’s safe to say AD> Bosh/love as stretch bigs. And we saw how Lebron worked with both

I'm Kobe > Bron forever too. It amazes me how former/current players almost unanimously say Kobe was the better player, but these random people on message boards and twitter disagree. I wonder who's words should carry more weight. :lol:

And yeah AD is definitely on another level than Bosh and Love. But I will say that people thought much more highly of BOTH of those two prior to them teaming up with Bron. I really wouldnt be super concerned about how Bron/AD will play together, but as you said, its not necessarily a perfect match....so I would have a litte.

This version of Lebron is about to be 35. It’s not Mia Lebron or Cle Lebron. He’ll do a lot of post entry passes to AD and give the ball the AD and let him do his thang. Lebron will take a backseat and he should.
I would tend to agree with you that Bron will take a backseat because of his age. But in fairness, we heard the exact same thing before last year too. Bron was supposed to be less ball dominant and let the young guys cook. He even said it himself that he doesnt wanna be ball dominant anymore. But he was.

Anyway, good convo guys.

But that LeBron could actually drive in. This LeBron takes 35 foot 3 pointers.

It's kinda funny to think that at any second now the entire mood, direction and future of a franchise and its fans is going to change.

Like...millions of people are waiting for one man's decision of who he wants to play professional basketball for next season.
Is that not fascinating to anyone else?

Maybe my minds just too bored. Pray for me. :lol:

LeBron, 2010. It's not even close to Kawhi IMO

Got a basketball question for you gentlemen.

So I am going to preface this by saying I have argued with SO MANY Bron fans over the years about Bron vs. Kobe. The argument that used to make my blood boil is when Bron fans would claim that he would have a ton of titles if he had the luxury of playing with Shaq that Kobe had. I would ALWAYS respond that it is nothing more than baseless speculation that LeBron and Shaq would work together. Bron is at his best when the floor is spaced out, and not with a big man clogging the lane. I know my opinion is just that, an opinion. Although there is some evidence that my opinion could be correct, when you look at how Love and Bosh had to completely change the style of their game.

With that being said, are you guys worried even a little bit that the duo simply wont work as well as everyone assumes it will because of what I just said above? Both players are top 5, or conservatively top 7, players in the league. But is there at least a little bit of concern that Davis will not be able to play the same way he always has because Bron needs him to be parked on the 3 point line more?

Just curious. Hope I can get real responses, rather than a standard NBA thread response to a Warriors fan.

Agree with you, I think alot of the questions about the role LeBron will decide to have is heavily based off of what roles Bosh and Love ended up playing. But again they were not true Center's. Also in Miami and Clevelands case, they needed to space the floor because of Wade and Kyrie's playstyle. This should be no different, the only way Davis gets less touches is if Kawhi signs and once again the floor will need to be spaced. So really is LeBron the reason his teams have done what they did or is it that secondary player that dictates what happens to the PF in the trio?

So with that said (and assuming Kawhi doesn't sign), I think for the first time LeBron is going to be playing with someone who has basically invented the modern PF position that you'll see in about 5+ years. Someone who can shoot and defend and attack the rim @ near 7ft that can dominate the type of playing style of todays NBA much like Shaq dominated his era of playstyle. The Kobe part is that LeBron doesn't have to be the main guy now, so he'll be a super-smart playmaker like a Magic Johnson role but its freaking LeBron James who has way more skillsets than Magic at this point.

A lot of the fit just comes down to if Bron is really not just giving lip service to this whole taking a back seat. He can definitely transition to being Magic for the rest of his tenure here, that's why I'm not as concerned about the PG position if that's the case. He's apparently sold both AD and Kawhi on that fact and maybe actually seeing his mortality as a player may be the wake up call he needed.

Going to sleep, Kawhi probably somewhere out there chilling, forgot about this whole free agency thing.

Reactions: DLF
Got a basketball question for you gentlemen.

So I am going to preface this by saying I have argued with SO MANY Bron fans over the years about Bron vs. Kobe. The argument that used to make my blood boil is when Bron fans would claim that he would have a ton of titles if he had the luxury of playing with Shaq that Kobe had. I would ALWAYS respond that it is nothing more than baseless speculation that LeBron and Shaq would work together. Bron is at his best when the floor is spaced out, and not with a big man clogging the lane. I know my opinion is just that, an opinion. Although there is some evidence that my opinion could be correct, when you look at how Love and Bosh had to completely change the style of their game.

With that being said, are you guys worried even a little bit that the duo simply wont work as well as everyone assumes it will because of what I just said above? Both players are top 5, or conservatively top 7, players in the league. But is there at least a little bit of concern that Davis will not be able to play the same way he always has because Bron needs him to be parked on the 3 point line more?

Just curious. Hope I can get real responses, rather than a standard NBA thread response to a Warriors fan.
Not worried 1 bit. Davis is not your traditional back to the basket big man. AD can hit his midrange and can extend range at the arc, if needed.

The biggest difference between Love/Bosh and AD is not only is he levels above Bosh and Love in athleticism & length but he’s really one of the best PNR player in the game.

The more I think about it, the more obvious an announcement tomorrow is. I mean. Meet with LA teams July 1st. Sleep. Meet Tor July 2nd. Relax with family in his 17 million dollar mansion near SD. Sleep. Wake up: ready to announce! Waiting any longer would mean the man is wayyuy weirder then I thought. He’s gotta be crazy indecisive to wait longer then tomorrow. That means he had his meetings and for 2 days was going back and forth? After have a year to think about it. Nah that **** ain’t normal

Anyone near San Diego? Please go to kawhi house right now and ask him where he’s going. Wear a clippers jersey in case he gets annoyed. Here’s the address:

6342 Las Colinas
Rancho Santa Fe, CA 92067

bro you waay too into this. you need to take a break, its not a good look fam.

Back
Top Bottom