**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Seems like another coast game, expecting more of that this year tbh

They didn't play great but still came out 121 -107 lol

AD looks a little off but he still probably dealing with that foot thing, expecting the lakers to ramp up Post-ASB (or whatever the break will be called)

Last edited:
AD needs to pace himself. I’m ok if he starts off slow... he’s too valuable to risk exerting too much and getting hurt.
Schroeder is nice man. I still think we’d be better with him leading the 2nd unit, but how do you not start someone as good as him?

zpzwze852p861.jpg

21. Talen Horton-Tucker, 21, SF, L.A. Lakers: Horton-Tucker’s position on this list could change quite a bit depending on how his year goes, but don’t be surprised if somebody drops an insane offer sheet on him. You just don’t see 20-year-old free agents very often, and his availability presents a unique opportunity for cap room teams to build from the ground up.

Being good at basketball is another important factor, of course. Horton-Tucker demonstrated some rotation-caliber play in preseason already, but maintaining that in the regular season will be key to his staying on this list.

If so, the Lakers are in a tight spot when it comes to offer sheets. Having already maxed out Anthony Davis and LeBron James, paid Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and extended Kyle Kuzma, they’re now at the point where an extension for Schröder would put them at or over next year’s tax line. Anything they pay to keep Alex Caruso would put them deeper into the tax, and that’s with eight players under contract.

Sooooooo … if somebody pays up to the MLE for Horton-Tucker (the limit thanks to the Gilbert Arenas rule), the Lakers could be in a very tough position to match it. An enterprising rebuilding team could even go for the full Tyler Johnson (two years at MLE, followed by two years at a much larger number), an absolutely bananas contract for somebody with 129 career minutes but also one that would be virtually impossible for L.A. to match. His case is going to be one of the most interesting ones to watch in the 2021 offseason.

We are going to go through some chemistry issues no doubt... very understandable because of all the new names... but I believe each player will find there nitch/roll eventually just like last season

Just saw in Vanessa Bryant’s story in IG that it appears she blocked off time for Kobe’s statue at staples..

Every game thus far has felt like preseason sans parts of the Clipper game.

Also, If Schroder is gon lock up, be the third guy at 17/5/5 as well as shoot 40% from 3, max him out now.

Just finished the game. I hope we can lock up schroder. Unreal out there. Key defense at the end.

Very nice. Let's get a win on Sunday.

Our next two games are against Memphis without Ja.Good opportunity to rest LeBron in both games or alternate between LeBron and AD

Back
Top Bottom