**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I just don't understand why we're supposed to care about picks almost a decade from now :lol:
You’re not.

But you’re suppose to care about a scenario next year when you will have ZERO picks to trade in any potential moves.

Or at this deadline when you have no picks to attach to say a pat bev or something to bring in someone after a Russ trade.

Or this summer with 30 mill in cap space and the 2023 pick, 2027 and 2029 picks for day a Dejounte Murray level player (Hawks got him for gallonari and 3 first rounders).

Picture this:

Trade both first rounders to Indiana for Turner and Hield.

Turner gets injured again or plays decent. Wants 25 mill a year. You say no. He goes elsewhere.

Hield becomes a 21 mill dollar bench player that can’t close games bc of defense.

Team reaches play in. Lose in first round.

Next year. No picks to trade. No cap space bc of Hield. Turner leaves.

Literally worse than we will be now.

So you trade the picks and not much changes..

Then what?

If I'm Jeanie and Rob I'm letting Lebron and AD sit in this mess this year. They wanted Russ....

Keep em.

His contract expires and then maybe we can actually get some real role players.
Exactly.

When Russ comes off the book next year, go get you 2 or 3 guys and you still get to keep those 2 picks. Plus, Schroder, Toscano and Bev will be gone, that's another 16 million open. Lakers would have about 57 - 59 million open next year AND both those picks. Bron, you asked for this, now you gotta deal with it. Why even give into a guy who is on his last LAL contract. Bron IS gone come 24-25, you NEED those first rounders the next year and year after that to rebuild.

Exactly.

When Russ comes off the book next year, go get you 2 or 3 guys and you still get to keep those 2 picks. Plus, Schroder, Toscano and Bev will be gone, that's another 16 million open. Lakers would have about 55 - 56 million open next year AND both those picks. Bron, you asked for this, now you gotta deal with it. Why even give into a guy who is on his last LAL contract. Bron IS gone come 24-25, you NEED those first rounders the next year and year after that to rebuild.
It's slated to be $35M in cap space. Certainly not nothing, but players aren't gonna take paycuts with a cap spike on the horizon. They will want to cash out. They might get two decent players for that amount of money. But knowing them, they will blow it on Draymond or Kyrie, with a bunch of minimums again.

Time to revisit AD, Russ plus picks for KD and Kyrie.

They can afford to lose 4 more games to beat GSW record so Im not worried.

One time in Vegas, I crapped out 4x, then I went on a 78x dice roll streak, 100% cap.

So anything is possible.

Reactions: DLF
bo62xmt9jfw91.jpg

I'm gonna be close to being 40 years old in 2029.

IDGAF about some damn picks 7 years from now :rofl:
7 years from now Miami Beach will be underwater and California will probably break off from the rest of the US...

If this is what's the hold up, Rob needs to go and Jeanie needs to sell the team NOW

TanUnawareHypacrosaurus-size_restricted.gif

Exactly.

When Russ comes off the book next year, go get you 2 or 3 guys and you still get to keep those 2 picks. Plus, Schroder, Toscano and Bev will be gone, that's another 16 million open. Lakers would have about 57 - 59 million open next year AND both those picks. Bron, you asked for this, now you gotta deal with it. Why even give into a guy who is on his last LAL contract. Bron IS gone come 24-25, you NEED those first rounders the next year and year after that to rebuild.
clipper fan

Exactly.

Lol at not having a single clue about how salary cap works

Back
Top Bottom