**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Nets didn’t want to send Kyrie to La or Phoenix because the Clippers and Suns had better packages to me than the Mavs did.

I agree with you, Rob isn't a strong GM but miss me with the "We owe it to LeBron to contend" when LeBron's machinations are big reason why we can't contend. LeBron got what he wanted and now he's complaining about the outcome.
Those machinations are on a weak front office though that should get the brunt of the blame. They allowed it to happen and go this far. Again, multiple front offices have told him no, went with their own deals and he/players were fine. So to me, that’s not mostly on Bron. That’s mostly on the ineptitude of putting a former agent with no GM experience in charge of building a team.

• Haha
Reactions: MVP
the F.O talk has reached the point of the Good Coach talk. a bunch of complaining just to complain.

Rob is apparently the worst GM in recent history but still managed to put together a championship team.... meanwhile the "genius" GM's are out here building second round exits yearly & our capped out :lol:

Bttom line we went all in on a Two Superstar route, the superstars we chose comprise of a guy who's 38 & the other has had consistent injury concerns.

When AD/Bron play they have a career win percentage of 65% which is good for about a 53-54 win team yearly. Unless Rob could buy some sort of anti injury insurance i don't know what ya'll want. Team goes as far as Bron & AD, they have both been out significant time 3/4 years no marginal move is fixing that

Depending on the picks, that Suns deal was pretty enticing. But DFS and Dinwiddie are younger and not BA either.

Shams:
Screenshot_20230205-213430.png

This is exactly what I'm talking about when it comes to Lakers tax. The Lakers are expected to go above and beyond to make a trade happen. When It was announced that Kyrie was going to Dallas we heard "go to the Lakers fumble this?! Fire Rob" but if the Lakers would have given Brooklyn what they wanted those same fans would have said Rob got fleeced.

It's clear that Brooklyn wasn't negotiating and good faith because they didn't want to send Kyrie to his preferred destination and the only way Kyrie was ever going to get to LA was at the Lakers sold the farm.

There's literally nothing to complain about. Some of you guys just like whining

2 unprotected firsts, a 28 pick swap + Austin Reaves & Christie is too much.

It’s not even that I wouldn’t trade AR or Christie. They can both go. It’s just too much to give up all together and we would be left without the ability to improve the roster going forward.

Would’ve loved Kyrie on the squad but I’m glad the Lakers didn’t get bent over.

This is going to be controversial but I’ll say it anyway: Lakers should look into trading for Chris Paul.

Edit: nah that’s too far lmao.

I apologize to Rob & Jeanie for this. Nets would never make a trade with us no matter what we did.

Last edited:
This is going to be controversial but I’ll say it anyway: Lakers should look into trading for Chris Paul.

Edit: nah that’s too far lmao.

I apologize to Rob & Jeanie for this. Nets would never make a trade with us no matter what we did.

Honestly, given that we have so little cap flexibility I wouldn't be against it if it were a one for one swap with Westbrook (no picks, no young players). It would allow Phoenix to get off of Chris Paul's contract, something their new owner might be interested in and Chris Paul's contract aligns with LeBron and ADs (two more years after this season)

*paging C CP1708 & tupac003 tupac003 *

You all doing that?

Both picks
Reaves
Christie
AND pick swaps
AAAANNND...
Russy

CP, don't answer. You would have FLIPPED YOUR **** if we did that.

Stop it.

Exactly. It was a no-win situation for us. The majority of the Lakers fan base is complaining that we didn't get Kyrie yet those same fans would be irate If we accepted those terms.

I’ll say it again, bev and walker for GTJ

Also it’s reported Mavs didn’t guarantee a long term contract to Kyrie, if Kyrie really wants to play with LeBron, come in the off season.

Lakers didn’t need the home run trade, lakers haven’t been fully healthy all year, get them healthy and get GTJ and we have a shot

I’ll say it again, bev and walker for GTJ

Also it’s reported Mavs didn’t guarantee a long term contract to Kyrie, if Kyrie really wants to play with LeBron, come in the off season.

Lakers didn’t need the home run trade, lakers haven’t been fully healthy all year, get them healthy and get GTJ and we have a shot

I’d renounce Rui for Kyrie but I doubt Kyrie would accept the 30-35 mil max we could offer.

I think if we had beaten the Pelicans yesterday this wouldn’t have stung as badly.

Back
Top Bottom