**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I’d renounce Rui for Kyrie but I doubt Kyrie would accept the 30-35 mil max we could offer.

I think if we had beaten the Pelicans yesterday this wouldn’t have stung as badly.
Bad loss, but we’ve been playing like a top 10 team since the new year, get AR15 back, get GTJ, keep Russ under control and I like our chances, the trade for Kyrie and his unpredictable *** wasn’t gonna push us over imo, better to start planning for the post LeBron days

That’s fine and all but it’s not like that hasn’t happened before. Griffin told him no. Riley told him no and they were fine.

He also bounced from both those situations as well. I know there was friction between him and Pat Riley at the end of his Heat tenure. Not sure how much of an influence that played in his going back to Cleveland though.

But this is a LeBron that’s had no problem leaving good situations in favor of greener pastures. Which makes him signing that extension with the Lakers crazy in the first place to me. I don’t know what Rob and Jeanie promised him to get him to sign the extension. I don’t know if the alternative options out there for him if he waited to hit free agency were limited.

But LeBron is in his 20th season. He knows how this league works. He can try and downplay his influence on the Westbrook trade. But ultimately that limited the flexibility the Lakers have to make a move. We know he wanted the Lakers to throw in one of those first round picks to get John Wall last year. Which if they did. He would still be upset with where the Lakers currently are and the Lakers would have one less potential trade chip with a still upset Lebron.

And don’t get me wrong. Rob deserves his share of blame here too. I’m not absorbing him of any blame. He should’ve shut down the Westbrook trade. Considering input from your star players is something you should consider. But it’s not requirement.

Just saw the Shams piece...

And I know this is hard for NT'ers but it's not hard for me.

I was wrong. It's ok to be wrong, especially when you don't have all the information.

With the new information from Shams, of course you don't make that move. Can't blame Rob for that. They tried to Rob us.

Has the protections on the offered picks been reported yet?

It doesn’t matter but I want to know if both the 27 & 29 picks were unprotected or if 1 was unprotected and the other was lightly protected.

DX9b.gif

yeah just saw what the nets wanted…

joe tsai never wanted him here, that request package is insane and would be malpractice if they gave in

*paging C CP1708 & tupac003 tupac003 *

You all doing that?

Both picks
Reaves
Christie
AND pick swaps
AAAANNND...
Russy

CP, don't answer. You would have FLIPPED YOUR **** if we did that.

Stop it.

I don't believe that offer is legit. Sounds like PR to me.

But to answer your question, I would not have included Reaves. No.
Christie + picks I could understand but Reaves plus pick swaps on top I do not. If that offer was real, then I would agree to pass.

It is awesome seein everyone rally around Rob tho. Reallllllllly interesting.

If you trade both picks why wouldn’t you just go for Pascal or OG?

Exactly.

They beeeeeeeeen holdin out on those picks, suddenly the Mavs make a deal and 8 minutes later Shams pulls thru with "LA offered both picks right on up".

Might as well tag LeBron in the tweet to make sure he sees it. :lol:

Exactly.

They beeeeeeeeen holdin out on those picks, suddenly the Mavs make a deal and 8 minutes later Shams pulls thru with "LA offered both picks right on up".

Might as well tag LeBron in the tweet to make sure he sees it. :lol:

Nah lakers def offered the picks.
Peep how the protections weren’t leaked tho. Ultimately that’s what really matters.

Back
Top Bottom