**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

“The Lakers wouldn’t have point guards on their roster, but ambivalence toward positional norms is far from a deal-breaker when trying to win a championship; James, Austin Reaves, and Grant should be fine assuming all meaningful ballhandling responsibilities.“

Good lord what an awful take. Also $32mil a year Jerami Grant sound horrible.

Any DLo or Gabe trades need to be for a PG.
Any Rui, TP trades need to be for forwards.
Or if you’re mixing and matching needs to be a superstar

Anything outside of that doesn’t make sense.

For the 1st time in a while going into a season the Lakers are generally healthy, have no obvious holes as far as roster construction, no controversies or major question marks from the front office or coaching staff… things are really looking good.

So I guess because some people in the media have to write about the Lakers to drive traffic to their site the only thing they have for us are BS trade scenarios and anything related to the Nuggets 😂

Vando out for first first game with heel soreness. Let’s see what Prince/Rui and the new bigs got for us Vs Denver

😂 we’re all still a bit traumatized from the Nunn situation.

Did it ever leak what the real injury was that he was dealing with?

I mean I kinda agree. I would try to package Reaves for a better player and cash out while his value is high.

If that player/deal doesn’t come along, I’m fine with keeping him on his deal, but I don’t think he’s going to become an all-star or something like that.

Hate, facts or somewhere in between?

Some hate, 5 boards and 5 assists is pretty good For SGs in the league.. I think he can get up to 18pts/6assists though, especially if he gets a bigger offensive role. He shot 53% last year with good true shooting since he gets to the line.

I mean I kinda agree. I would try to package Reaves for a better player and cash out while his value is high.

If that player/deal doesn’t come along, I’m fine with keeping him on his deal, but I don’t think he’s going to become an all-star or something like that.
4/years 56 mill is pretty great value (14mil/yr).
Here are some recent contracts just signed for comparison:
  • Devin Vassell (Spurs): Five years, $135,000,000 (story). Includes $11,000,000 in incentives. Starts in 2024/25.
  • Jaden McDaniels (Timberwolves): Five years, $131,000,000 (story). Includes $5,000,000 in incentives. Starts in 2024/25.
    • Note: Exact details to be confirmed.
  • Onyeka Okongwu (Hawks): Four years, $62,000,000 (story). Starts in 2024/25.
  • Isaiah Stewart (Pistons): Four years, $60,000,000 (story). Includes $4,000,000 in incentives. Includes fourth-year team option. Starts in 2024/25.
  • Deni Avdija (Wizards): Four years, $55,000,000 (story). Starts in 2024/25.
  • Josh Green (Mavericks): Three years, $41,000,000 (story). Starts in 2024/25.
  • Cole Anthony (Magic): Three years, $39,100,000 (story). Includes third-year team option. Starts in 2024/25.

Jaden/Vassell making ~2x. Okongwu/Stewart making a bit more and I’d take AR over both of them (and I’m high on Okongwu). Avdija makes about the same and would definitely take AR over him. Overall, he’s on a very team-friendly contract that will be hard to get back greater value IMO

Agreed, but I'll take it. Actually I want it. AR15 fills a role.
The equation is not very complicated. Teams need stars, high caliber role players, lower tier role players that pretty much hold it down for a few minutes while the stars and high caliber role players take a rest. Teams need bigs, (calm down Brosizzlew30.23 Brosizzlew30.23 ), teams need reliable perimeter shooting, teams need both veterans guiding the ship and hungry newbs that are dying to get on the court and show out.
AR15 fills that high caliber role player position. I don't want him to take a jump to the next level because then we have 3 egos and he's thinking he can be the man somewhere else if he's averaging 23/12/7. I don't want that.

Some hate, 5 boards and 5 assists is pretty good For SGs in the league.. I think he can get up to 18pts/6assists though, especially if he gets a bigger offensive role. He shot 53% last year with good true shooting since he gets to the line.

4/years 56 mill is pretty great value (14mil/yr).
Here are some recent contracts just signed for comparison:
  • Devin Vassell (Spurs): Five years, $135,000,000 (story). Includes $11,000,000 in incentives. Starts in 2024/25.
  • Jaden McDaniels (Timberwolves): Five years, $131,000,000 (story). Includes $5,000,000 in incentives. Starts in 2024/25.
    • Note: Exact details to be confirmed.
  • Onyeka Okongwu (Hawks): Four years, $62,000,000 (story). Starts in 2024/25.
  • Isaiah Stewart (Pistons): Four years, $60,000,000 (story). Includes $4,000,000 in incentives. Includes fourth-year team option. Starts in 2024/25.
  • Deni Avdija (Wizards): Four years, $55,000,000 (story). Starts in 2024/25.
  • Josh Green (Mavericks): Three years, $41,000,000 (story). Starts in 2024/25.
  • Cole Anthony (Magic): Three years, $39,100,000 (story). Includes third-year team option. Starts in 2024/25.

Jaden/Vassell making ~2x. Okongwu/Stewart making a bit more and I’d take AR over both of them (and I’m high on Okongwu). Avdija makes about the same and would definitely take AR over him. Overall, he’s on a very team-friendly contract that will be hard to get back greater value IMO

It’s one of the best non-rookie contracts in the league, which is why he’s a perfect asset in a trade (if the right player came along)

For the record, I don’t see a tradeable “star” that the lakers would covet coming to the market anytime soon, so it doesn’t matter… reaves will be a laker for a while.

somewhere in between....

IMO, the thing that separates AR from a standard "other" or glue guy is.....

HE IS NOT AFRAID OF THE BRIGHT LIGHTS/BIG MOMENT
(how many times we seen "stars" or "elite" guys come here and fold under the bright lights?)

he thrives in big games/moments.

That's usually a quality of a superstar, but my boy got it.

He don't need to be a 20ppg scorer, all star

he's already a STAR IN HIS ROLE (he actually be dominating his role)

Back
Top Bottom