**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I was literally thinking of that the other day. I'd absolutely do Gabe and a pick for Caushow, but yea that's an overpay for sure for Kuz and I don't want that bum THT back under any circumstances.

Honestly I’ve been bracing myself for the front office running it back for the most part just because the options are kinda limited this offseason… and yes this includes DLo.

If that does happen the same problem will exist… good offensive (regular season) team but that’s not going to translate to the playoffs, so how do you fix it? I feel like last year the 1st half or whatever of the year was spent trying to find some balance…breaking up the defensive cone backcourt (AR/DLo) and frontcourt (Rui/Lebron). Second half of the year was going full speed ahead all offense, perhaps at the cost of playing guys (like Christie) who probably would be more valuable in the postseason.

Anyhow, not to make this about last season but looking forward how do approach the regular season when using it as a way to prepare for the playoffs? (Ex do you want to spend 82 games with DLo as your starting pg when he’s a proven unreliable post season performer or should you play Gabe or Max more since they have more two way ability?)

He’s better than Rui
at looting

1716935473452.png

If they can turn Rui and Gabe (and smaller contracts in combination) into separate pieces for the wing and potentially backup center.

It’s hard to ask for much more.

Everything else (third star or even one tier below that) requires way too many players and picks to then circle back elsewhere.

If Bron was 34. Things are different. At 40. There needs to be as many things as you can realistically have.

My feeling is if you like the player get it. All are fair game.

Except the Clippers (D. Miles, QRich excluded) and Celtics. Under no circumstances is that allowed.

The fanbase has wanted Kyrie in a Laker uniform more than any player I've ever seen. :lol:

He's an honorary Laker in every sense of the word I could realistically see him here as that old star after his deal is up in Dallas.

Back
Top Bottom