**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Dude said, "Physicality. That needs to be our identity" :lol:

Does Darvin have any clue what types of players he has? Lol

Ham must think the Lakers still have Dwight, Kieff, Javale, and Danny Green on the roster :lol:

this guy has absolutely ZERO FEEL FOR HIS PLAYERS OR THE GAME

Jeanie just as clueless for failing to recognize it.

It's a few things.

1. Ham has to scheme rebounding. The forwards including LeBron are atrocious at rebounding. The backup bigs are awful at it as well. AD could be better on the offensive glass by a smidge.
You can be deficient in an area of basketball, and scheme to cover it up. But when you run DLo/AR/Spence/TP / AD, that's not being serious. Not expecting a miracle and say it's the best rebounding team, but at least figure out ways to close the gap. If guys get lazy on rebounds, call timeouts. Spend all your time on rebounding in film sessions.

2. LeBron has to be engaged on both ends. Run the offense differently, he doesn't have to be the guy on offense where he disregards everyone else. They could share the balance between their top 5 offensive players. There are enough offensive guys who when given the opportunities, can score 20 without a significant amount of strain. There's 5 (Bron, AD, DLo, AR & Rui). More opportunity for them on offense, more likelihood that the offense is humming.

3. Please for the love of god, stop trying to make Austin Reaves a PG. He isn't. It always ends up clunky as ****. If you want to run him in the P&R, where he's looking for himself or to get to the line, great. But intiating the offense always stinks. What was the point of Dinwiddie as a creator, if he isn't ever going to create?

4. They bury guys into the dirt throughout games for whatever reason. Team plays well, balanced offense, everybody getting shots. Then that guy is basically in the corner for 90% of the rest of the game.

Last thing on AD…

We just saw him be physically opposing against a non physical teams like OKC, Washington, Clippers, and the Spurs. But any team that plays him somewhat physical (Sac, Den, Phx) he just isn’t playing with that same force in return. It’s not really about points, but the aggression and physicality that he plays with.

I’m really off that AD is a center excuse. Draymond Green is around 5 inches shorter and 20 points lighter than AD, and he absolutely punks guys like Sabonis in his sleep by being the more physical player. To me that’s a choice, to be able to do it some nights (when a guy won’t hit back) but when you know you’re in for a dogfight you want the refs to bail you out.

in nights like those. Where it’s Sabonis or Jokic or Nurkic.

LeBron on their primary perimeter player makes sense to me (if Vando isn’t around). And then it will be one of those AD + DLo/AR/Rui are going to have to carry 20% extra load on offense. If a big wants to get at AD, he needs to do it back. LeBron can be more physical on Fox, Murray and Book or KD. And use size in a way that outside of Vando (assuming he’s unavailable), Max/Cam/TP cannot.
Take away some of that drive ability on the perimeter, AD then can focus on banging in the paint.

in nights like those. Where it’s Sabonis or Jokic or Nurkic.

LeBron on their primary perimeter player makes sense to me (if Vando isn’t around). And then it will be one of those AD + DLo/AR/Rui are going to have to carry 20% extra load on offense. If a big wants to get at AD, he needs to do it back. LeBron can be more physical on Fox, Murray and Book or KD. And use size in a way that outside of Vando (assuming he’s unavailable), Max/Cam/TP cannot.
Take away some of that drive ability on the perimeter, AD then can focus on banging in the paint.
We can’t ask Lebron to be the primary defender on someone like Fox lol he might blow a hammy doing that… but I wouldn’t mind trying him on Murray at the end of games with AD defending Joker with those two being able to switch against the Denver two man game

2-2 is the best case scenario for the next 4 games. MIN and SAC both have our number this season

MIL
MIN
at SAC
GS

We can’t ask Lebron to be the primary defender on someone like Fox lol he might blow a hammy doing that… but I wouldn’t mind trying him on Murray at the end of games with AD defending Joker with those two being able to switch against the Denver two man game

Even if it’s a counter measure when they start a run.

Gotta do something different than feeding AR or TP to him at least.

Last thing on AD…

We just saw him be physically opposing against a non physical teams like OKC, Washington, Clippers, and the Spurs. But any team that plays him somewhat physical (Sac, Den, Phx) he just isn’t playing with that same force in return. It’s not really about points, but the aggression and physicality that he plays with.

I’m really off that AD is a center excuse. Draymond Green is around 5 inches shorter and 20 points lighter than AD, and he absolutely punks guys like Sabonis in his sleep by being the more physical player. To me that’s a choice, to be able to do it some nights (when a guy won’t hit back) but when you know you’re in for a dogfight you want the refs to bail you out.
EXPLAIN

We will break down more film today than bum and dumber Darvin and his incompetent staff will in a week.

Only the clueless fans fail to realize that lack of COACHING NOT TALENT is the main culprit to the Lakers' disastrous and underachieving season.

Last edited:
Effort is what mostly bothers me about this team.
We all know Ham ain't a great coach, but these guys doing him no favors by giving him absolutely no effort.
It seems like they're never in a position to grab boards because they're just standing around, not putting a body on someone.

We all know Ham ain't a great coach, but these guys doing him no favors by giving him absolutely no effort.
It seems like they're never in a position to grab boards because they're just standing around, not putting a body on someone.
That's coaching

You'd have to be blind to not see that this team is no longer responding nor playing for their coach. This is why the effort ain't there every night.

This team is DONE until Ham gets fired.

It's really that simple.

That's whats been bothering me all year.

And it always happend in games we really should win or games where we have leads then all of the sudden just stop playing smart.

Rebounding been a problem, lost the rebound battle Vs Denver by >15 rebs, and last night vs Kings by >10 rebs. Sabonis got more rebounds than AD, Bron, Rui combined last night. Box a MFer out, put a body on Sabonis every time a ball goes up.. just negate him at least. Save us Vando

Not enough guys willing to do the dirty work.. you can beat certain teams because of talent but that difference between you and your opponent is fairly equal doing all the little things (like boxing out, second chance effort on boards, hustling back on defense, etc) matter that much more.

You'd have to be blind to not see that this team is no longer responding nor playing for their coach. This is why the effort ain't there every night.

Wanna debate this? I got all kinds of TAPE and EVIDENCE to prove why the effort ain't there dhring their losses due to POOR PREPARATION and ABYSMAL COACHING AND TEACHING.

Why was the "effort" there against the Thunder and the Wizards but not there against the Nuggets and the Kings?

ham-drums1.gif
3A9A01AF-C98C-4FBF-8CC3-4EB6CE3F6667.gif

Rebounding been a problem, lost the rebound battle Vs Denver by >15 rebs, and last night vs Kings by >10 rebs. Sabonis got more rebounds than AD, Bron, Rui combined last night. Box a MFer out, put a body on Sabonis every time a ball goes up.. just negate him at least. Save us Vando
Why can't this team no longer outrebound opponents CONSISTENTLY like they were doing in 2020?

Oh, maybe because this team loves playing 1-Big lineups all the time LOL

#rocketscience though

I know the thought is that we need a big hulking center, and that’s part of it. Because you need it when AD is sitting.

But the forwards leave so much on the table with rebounding. Prince, Rui and even Vando to an extent (he gets a pass because he’s POA on defense), just yuck. And Bron’s rebounds are 80% uncontested.

I know the thought is that we need a big hulking center, and that’s part of it. Because you need it when AD is sitting.

But the forwards leave so much on the table with rebounding. Prince, Rui and even Vando to an extent (he gets a pass because he’s POA on defense), just yuck. And Bron’s rebounds are 80% uncontested.
To the contrary, Lakers need a legit center NOT when AD is sitting but when AD is playing simply because this team has ZERO rebounders other than AD and Bron, who are both playing out of position

Back
Top Bottom