[::LAKERS (1) vs. THUNDER (4) Series Thread | OKC Wins - Congrats To Thunder Fans::]

Originally Posted by mrdieselfuel09

quik1987 wrote:

Stop talking about I wish we still had Fish, if Lakers still had him it would have been a 30pt blowout
He would have probably hit that shot that Blake missed.
eyes.gif

This is the type stuff I'm talking about.

If y'all had Fish, game wouldn't have even been that close for the shot to matter.

I'm not understanding how it is that the Lakers are struggling with Kobe Bryan and 2....2 of the the leagues premeir big men on the floor.
I'm not a Lakers fan, but I expected a more competitive team this year.

Kobe's late game turnovers reminded me Jordan getting ripped against the Magic in the playoffs and costing his team the game.

Kobe usually doesn't make mental mistakes like that.

I think KD never lets the pressure of the moment get to him and I like how Brooks let his team play and just go with it when they were down 1.  This will be a tough one for the Lakers to bounce back from, but if anyone has the willpower and ability....Kobe is that guy.  Game 3 should be fun to watch. 

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

I'm not understanding how it is that the Lakers are struggling with Kobe Bryan and 2....2 of the the leagues premeir big men on the floor.

bigs arent focused and playing with urgency throughout gamethe pgs cant defend or hit a shotkobe's age and fatigue down the stretch is showing. he is hit or miss with his jumpshot, which is all he does these days, taking tough shots. he isnt able to beat his man off the dribble and get easy shotsmike brownthey actually played a good game last night, but didnt closethe back to back may do them in.

Same thing could be said for last year

It'd be a shame for the supposed best 2 guard in the league to get embarrassed out of the playoffs two years in a row with two All-Star big men.

Like I said, their two best point guards combined for zero assists last night. You cannot win an NBA game when your PG's are so ineffective.

Originally Posted by quik1987

Originally Posted by mrdieselfuel09

quik1987 wrote:

Stop talking about I wish we still had Fish, if Lakers still had him it would have been a 30pt blowout
He would have probably hit that shot that Blake missed.
eyes.gif

This is the type stuff I'm talking about.

If y'all had Fish, game wouldn't have even been that close for the shot to matter.
And how do you know this??

Both the Lakers PG were non-existent last night.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Like I said, their two best point guards combined for zero assists last night. You cannot win an NBA game when your PG's are so ineffective.
I don't know why they brought in sessions with the why MB is treating him.  He's no all-star, but he should be allowed to dominate the ball when Kobe is out and run simple pick and rolls with Pau like he was doing right after the trade.

THIS. Ramon is really disappointing man. He and Blake are a combined 2-15 FGs, 13 total points and 7 total assists (all coming in the Game 1 blowout) though this series so far. Just not going to get it done. And to think we literally had Chris Paul snatched away from us
30t6p3b.gif

Bean has to do so much (not making an excuse) has to try and facilitate and get the bigs the ball in positions to score, chase around Russ/Harden on defense, make shots throughout the game and be able to close, not surprising that he doesn't seem to have anything left down the stretch of these games recently. The PGs can't even do their primary job get the ball to players in the right spots then it's back to what we saw at the beginning of the season with Bean trying to do too much and the results haven't been good.

I think LA bounces back tomorrow but the latter half of the back to back will be the nail in the coffin.
tired.gif

finnns2003:
Sessions 0 Assists

Blake 0 Assists

ZERO assists from your point guards? That is flat-out pathetic, what a disgrace.
tim teufel:
Ibakas blocks came as help from the weak side. he can't guard Bynum down low and if the lakers play inside out early and give Bynum that confidence this game isn't even close. Also didn't see that pau mid range game working cause Kobe was chucking.
Those 2 replies are exactly what our main problems were/are:

- terrible PG play (0 assists?!
30t6p3b.gif
ohwell.gif
frown.gif
)
- Paulina Gasoft (When he is Pau Gasol, we win titles; when he's Gasoft, we're a playoff team and nothing more)

perimeter players outside of kobe were 4 of 19, in addition to kobes 9 of 25

the lakers cant make shots, and for the rest of the playoffs, teams are going to continue to challenge them to make shots

i know that the lakers all but had the win last night regardless of shots, but at the same time they really could have used some shots
ohwell.gif

The Lakers thought they were acquiring the athletic playmaker they've long needed, enough to make Derek Fisher expendable. So far, it appears, they've given Kobe another Smush Parker.

off yahoo
eek.gif
frown.gif
eek.gif
frown.gif
eek.gif
frown.gif
eek.gif
frown.gif
eek.gif
frown.gif
eek.gif
frown.gif
eek.gif
frown.gif
eek.gif
frown.gif

Agreed.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

finnns2003:
Sessions 0 Assists

Blake 0 Assists

ZERO assists from your point guards? That is flat-out pathetic, what a disgrace.
tim teufel:
Ibakas blocks came as help from the weak side. he can't guard Bynum down low and if the lakers play inside out early and give Bynum that confidence this game isn't even close. Also didn't see that pau mid range game working cause Kobe was chucking.
Those 2 replies are exactly what our main problems were/are:

- terrible PG play (0 assists?!
30t6p3b.gif
ohwell.gif
frown.gif
)
- Paulina Gasoft (When he is Pau Gasol, we win titles; when he's Gasoft, we're a playoff team and nothing more)
0 assists is not the problem, because a pg can pass it and the next pass can lead to a bucket.. it's the fact that gasol needs to be a man and not a +%%$%.. also why not make use of goudelock???it's obvious sessions and blake cannot handle westbrook.. im not saying goudelock will, but if you dont try it, you will never know.. and he is offensively more of a threat than blake.. who cares if he had a good game 7.. he doesnt bring it every game

Lol, another smush parker? thats overboard on Yahoo's part famb

Anyway,

I think the Lakers still have a chance in this series. First, they're a MUCH better home team, so if they haven't mentally lost yet then they can perform well (especially the bench) and protect home court. Problem is its a back to back at home, I have never seen a play off back to back so we'll see how both teams respond, probably an advantage for the Thunder. Secondly, its unlikely OKC will be "shut down" like that again, but its not like the Lakers were hitting shots, just look at their 3 point field goals.

maybe sessions is really the guy that has bounced around and not able to stick with a team. there is a reason why he was never a starter in the league. at least he will be cheap for the lakers come offseason

Originally Posted by 00david00

Anyway,

I think the Lakers still have a chance in this series. First, they're a MUCH better home team, so if they haven't mentally lost yet then they can perform well (especially the bench) and protect home court. Problem is its a back to back at home, I have never seen a play off back to back so we'll see how both teams respond, probably an advantage for the Thunder. Secondly, its unlikely OKC will be "shut down" like that again, but its not like the Lakers were hitting shots, just look at their 3 point field goals
you're contradicting yourself. you think goudelock is not useful, yet you want bench production..

He's dropping 2 points on 20% shooting and 1 assist in this series.

It's basically 4 on 5 when he's out there.

i still believe in my lakers. yes, the lost last night hurt like hell but the fact that it was so close gives me hope.

i can't wait for friday and saturday. hoping that we stick to the same defensive plan and go back to OKC 2-2!

LETS GO!

That was the worst 2 minutes I have ever seen Kobe play to close out a game.

He's made mistake like that before, but he always finds a way to score or create to make up for it.

Well, guess some things happens. Like someone said the Jordan comparison when he lost the ball vs the Magic was a good comparison.

Smfh, oh well.

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

Anyway,

I think the Lakers still have a chance in this series. First, they're a MUCH better home team, so if they haven't mentally lost yet then they can perform well (especially the bench) and protect home court. Problem is its a back to back at home, I have never seen a play off back to back so we'll see how both teams respond, probably an advantage for the Thunder. Secondly, its unlikely OKC will be "shut down" like that again, but its not like the Lakers were hitting shots, just look at their 3 point field goals
you're contradicting yourself. you think goudelock is not useful, yet you want bench production..
I didn't even mention Goudelock though.... and yeah their bench does play better at home (barnes, blake, hill)

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

Anyway,

I didn't even mention Goudelock though.... and yeah their bench does play better at home (barnes, blake, hill)
you think he's more like smush.. i agree.. but he would be more of an offensive spark than blake, barnes and hill.. but hill is not considered an offensive weapon.. same goes for barnes.. hill is a rebounder and barnes is a defender... blake is not a good, solid offensive player.. and i've seen goudelock score in bunches. why does mike brown not even consider him?

Back
Top Bottom