[::LAKERS (1) vs. THUNDER (4) Series Thread | OKC Wins - Congrats To Thunder Fans::]

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

they stopped going inside, they were up 7 with 2:08 to go. they call a time out, yet mike brown doesnt stress defense and to pound the ball inside.. because pau is at the top of the key, instead of posting downlow. gasol is a 75.2% career free throw shooter, yet he's on top of the key setting picks for other players..

also the last play of the game, it was not kobe that made the mistake. if he ran it the way mike brown wanted it, then brown is at fault. world peace inbounds the ball, and brown designs a play that goes away from the ball?? how smart is that, when you have so many players on kobe, because they know he wants to take the last shot?

it was a good play by metta world peace, because the lakers had no time outs and blake was wide open.. still i dont like blake, because he's very sporadic and doesnt deliver. he cant contain westbrook and neither can sessions.. why doesnt goudelock get a shot at him? same height as westbrook, weighs a little more.. but if he doesnt get a shot, do you go with the two players you know cant stop russel westbrook?
I probably watched the last two minutes of game 2 like 10 times.

The Lakers were still trying to work the ball inside. Kobe was initiating the offense, Drew on the block and Pau in the high post. OKC countered by increasing pressure on the entry pass, Perkins fronted Bynum and Westbrook cheated over playing against the lob pass. Since the post entry pass wasn't there, Kobe swung the ball around where Metta dribbled around for a few seconds with no purpose. Eventually Kobe got the ball back with a few seconds on the shot clock and launched a low percentage jump shot that clanked off the rim.

While watching the game I thought that the Lakers choked, but after watching it again several times I have to tip my hat off to OKC for increasing their intensity and basically just wanting it more. Those late game turnovers were back breakers, and that had absolutely nothing to do with coaching in that situation.
tired.gif

the turnovers werent the coaches' fault, but then again, they had a time out before, for him to stress defense and fire them up. isnt that what a coach is supposed to do? and that final play, just irks me.. especially how world peace is getting the blame for not getting it to kobe. every ball player knows that throwing a pass from one side to the other goes through multiple players. especially where players know who is gonna get the ball.. world peace made a good decision, only it was bad that it didnt go in.. if it did, then nobody would question the decision..

pau just doesnt fit into the offense.. because a player of his skill set shouldnt be setting pick on the top of the key or the elbow.. he needs to be downlow.

the turnovers werent the coaches' fault, but then again, they had a time out before, for him to stress defense and fire them up. isnt that what a coach is supposed to do? and that final play, just irks me.. especially how world peace is getting the blame for not getting it to kobe. every ball player knows that throwing a pass from one side to the other goes through multiple players. especially where players know who is gonna get the ball.. world peace made a good decision, only it was bad that it didnt go in.. if it did, then nobody would question the decision..

pau just doesnt fit into the offense.. because a player of his skill set shouldnt be setting pick on the top of the key or the elbow.. he needs to be downlow.

Call a timeout (for a vet team with championship experience) to stress D and fire them up? C'mon bro, let's be serious here.
tired.gif

I don't blame anyone for that last play. Blake was open, he missed a very make able shot...end of story.

I agree about Pau not really fitting into this offense, Bynum's emergence at a dominant post player has come with a steep price. Sure you can't have 2 guys in the post at once, but there's no excuse for Pau not posting up when he gets minutes with the second unit.

Call a timeout (for a vet team with championship experience) to stress D and fire them up? C'mon bro, let's be serious here.
tired.gif

I don't blame anyone for that last play. Blake was open, he missed a very make able shot...end of story.

I agree about Pau not really fitting into this offense, Bynum's emergence at a dominant post player has come with a steep price. Sure you can't have 2 guys in the post at once, but there's no excuse for Pau not posting up when he gets minutes with the second unit.

no it's not that they have to call a time out, but they did cause they couldnt inbound the ball.. and i understand you do not need to stress defense to a championship team.. but that is what a coach does...you push your players to perform, which is something that mike brown did not do, and he should have.. championship caliber team and players or not.. you think phil jackson would not tell them? i think the entire offense of the lakers just isnt right. both pau and bynum were great in the triangle offense.. but now pau just sets picks.. and he needs to be consistent.. also i'd try using goudelock more, since sessions is not really there..

no it's not that they have to call a time out, but they did cause they couldnt inbound the ball.. and i understand you do not need to stress defense to a championship team.. but that is what a coach does...you push your players to perform, which is something that mike brown did not do, and he should have.. championship caliber team and players or not.. you think phil jackson would not tell them? i think the entire offense of the lakers just isnt right. both pau and bynum were great in the triangle offense.. but now pau just sets picks.. and he needs to be consistent.. also i'd try using goudelock more, since sessions is not really there..

Bro.

What are you basing these assumptions off of? You don't hold a team like OKC under 80 points without pushing your players to perform AND stressing defense. If you disagree well I don't know what else to tell you, or how to prove to you otherwise since neither of us were in the Lakers huddle...although Mike Brown was mic'ed up for a timeout and he was clearing emphasizing defense and being physical, on both sides of the ball.

And all Pau does is set picks now? You either aren't watching the games or just not paying attention.

Smh at those Steve blake twitter death threats.

The anonymousness of the Internet gives way to many people who probably never played an organized sport in their life a lot of boldness

Bro.

What are you basing these assumptions off of? You don't hold a team like OKC under 80 points without pushing your players to perform AND stressing defense. If you disagree well I don't know what else to tell you, or how to prove to you otherwise since neither of us were in the Lakers huddle...although Mike Brown was mic'ed up for a timeout and he was clearing emphasizing defense and being physical, on both sides of the ball.

And all Pau does is set picks now? You either aren't watching the games or just not paying attention.

they were up 7 points with 2:08 left in the game, and they give up 8 points? then yes, i say that they didnt play any defense. this game should've been in the bag.. and it would've changed the entire setting of the series. besides james harden had 2 layups, yeah he's a good player, but that's 4 points that were not necessary (and of course the costly turnover by kobe, which led to a KD dunk).. im not saying all pau is doing is setting picks, but 14 points? really? with that contribution the lakers will not win.. he needs to post up more, because he's far more talented than just staying on top of the key. compared to game 7, pau was getting more touches in the paint. and now he's drifting all the way to the top of the key and he has not been very effective while doing so. he is avg. 12.7 points this year in the playoffs and only 9.1 rebounds.. he needs to play better otherwise the lakers will be swept.

Originally Posted by MrDozo

are we witnessing the death of a dynasty, and the birth of another?

Dynasties mean plural, playboy. 
OKC needs to win one before they win two or three. 

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

I know what dynasty means, and thats why I said "BIRTH". They gotta start.

were watching an aging kobe. father time is getting the best of him and it's starting to show more.
also, the lack of focus and maturity of andrew bynum. does he want to be great?
after the kobe/shaq era, kobe was still in his prime and you could still ride him to a chip. he needs help and those bigs arent getting it done. stern did screw them over (cp3).

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

I know what dynasty means, and thats why I said "BIRTH". They gotta start.
I would agree with you if this was OKC's second run to the finals, but damn.... let them win one before even bringing the dynasty label into the discussion. 
laugh.gif

Right now the only other franchise with a claim to a dynasty is the Spurs. I don't care what anyone says about them never winning 2 in a row. It's been over 11 years since they started with timmy D and they're still looking good on the floor. 

Originally Posted by DMan14

were watching an aging kobe. father time is getting the best of him and it's starting to show more.
after the kobe/shaq era, kobe was still in his prime and you could still ride him to a chip. he needs help and those bigs arent getting it done. stern did screw them over (cp3).
Plus, OKC is Stern's new darlings since him and Clay are buddy buddy. We're going to have to start breaking up the team after this season. But we're the Lakers, we'll be back soon. 

Originally Posted by DMan14

Bro.

they were up 7 points with 2:08 left in the game, and they give up 8 points? then yes, i say that they didnt play any defense. this game should've been in the bag.. and it would've changed the entire setting of the series. besides james harden had 2 layups, yeah he's a good player, but that's 4 points that were not necessary (and of course the costly turnover by kobe, which led to a KD dunk).. im not saying all pau is doing is setting picks, but 14 points? really? with that contribution the lakers will not win.. he needs to post up more, because he's far more talented than just staying on top of the key. compared to game 7, pau was getting more touches in the paint. and now he's drifting all the way to the top of the key and he has not been very effective while doing so. he is avg. 12.7 points this year in the playoffs and only 9.1 rebounds.. he needs to play better otherwise the lakers will be swept.
14 points when your team scores 75 is just like if he had scored 20 points and team scored 100.  It was a SUPER low-scoring game.  I agree that Pau floats around on the perimeter too much, but as I've said before, that's on MB's offense.  Much like the Spurs a decade ago, MB decided Bynum will own the paint (like Duncan) and Gasol will be on the perimeter (like Robinson).  Pau only posts up when Bynum is not on the floor.  Huge mistake by Mike Brown.  Add to that the fact that Pau is soft to begin with and gets pushed out of the paint by smaller players all the time.  (doing fade-aways vs. Al Harrington)
The only solution is to have plays drawn up for Pau in the post and have Bynum setting screens or taking 15-foot jumpers - which he hasn't developed yet - or to not play them together that much (like Phil used to do when Lamar and Pau would play together).

It's a big mistake to not use the "most skilled big man in the league" as many analysts call him, in the post where he has so many moves and shots - left hook , right hook, drop step, face up, jumper, fadeaway, etc.

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

Bro.

14 points when your team scores 75 is just like if he had scored 20 points and team scored 100.  It was a SUPER low-scoring game.  I agree that Pau floats around on the perimeter too much, but as I've said before, that's on MB's offense.  Much like the Spurs a decade ago, MB decided Bynum will own the paint (like Duncan) and Gasol will be on the perimeter (like Robinson).  Pau only posts up when Bynum is not on the floor.  Huge mistake by Mike Brown.  Add to that the fact that Pau is soft to begin with and gets pushed out of the paint by smaller players all the time.  (doing fade-aways vs. Al Harrington)
The only solution is to have plays drawn up for Pau in the post and have Bynum setting screens or taking 15-foot jumpers - which he hasn't developed yet - or to not play them together that much (like Phil used to do when Lamar and Pau would play together).

It's a big mistake to not use the "most skilled big man in the league" as many analysts call him, in the post where he has so many moves and shots - left hook , right hook, drop step, face up, jumper, fadeaway, etc.

and that is what i am not getting.. because it turns out, that the lakers have changed their playbook for the playoffs, this also shows in ramon sessions' game.. but why make use of only one big man, when it is clear that your advantage is having 2 solid big man. and by having one in the paint and the other at the top of the key, it doesnt help you out. i understand that with a new coach comes a new playbook, but it's sad that they went away from the triangle offense.. which is also why i believe that mike brown was not a good hire. they became the #3 seed based on the talent of bryant, gasol and bynum, nothing else.

in my eyes, i still think that bynum is a liability and the lakers should really get rid of him, in a trade to the magic for howard. especially where bynum has played better, i hope the magic are willing to take him. he talks way too much and put his team in a bad light..

i hope the lakers go after howard and deron williams.

Originally Posted by KOD843

Game 3 giveaway shirts...

165838_10151768791100341_144917055340_24617377_399985204_n.jpg

Will the "cool" court side Laker fans wear them is the big question?
ohwell.gif

they probably won't.  i envy okc, sacramento in the early 2000's, madison sq garden, the delta center during the malone stockton years where the crowd noise gave the home team a real home court advantage.  the lakers have been real good at staples since 2000, but an intimadating home court advantage would help out.

that crowd at okc was loud and into the game from start to finish.   down 0-2 i wish staples could be that loud tonight.

Originally Posted by KOD843

Game 3 giveaway shirts...

165838_10151768791100341_144917055340_24617377_399985204_n.jpg

Will the "cool" court side Laker fans wear them is the big question?
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
hell no, unfortunately. It would be pretty dope if everybody wore the shirts in unison for a change tho

Back
Top Bottom