[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters

We're making the damn playoffs.

Y'all wishful thinking dudes want us to fail.

And before you say "YOU'RE wishfully thinking by thinking we'll make the playoffs," what would be my motivation? All I get out of it is... we made the playoffs. We're not a championship team, but we're not a non-playoff team.

But what would fuel your wishful thinking? Lottery picks, higher in the draft, as you guys have said. Tanking for a young stud to go along with DRose or KD35 or Bron... or all of the above, w/ Phil coaching.
i also think we will end up making the playoffs

however i would rather tank and get a lottery pick than lose in the first round, yes this is wishful thinking

to me there is no point of going for the playoffs if we are not good enough to with a title, either way its going to be a forgettable season, the only seasons we will end up remembering are the championship ones

Call me a semantics nazi, but the question isn't "Do you want the Lakers to make the playoffs?", which is how I think a lot of people answered.

"Do you think they will?"

Yes, I do.

"Do you hope they will?" is a different question, and all the hoping we do won't affect a thing.

P, bout 2 weeks in, 6-7 games or so before 75% swing back the right way?

Or just one week? I said two to show my optimism.

I think Nick Young can be around 18 ppg if they play fast paced. Pau can be 19/10/4. Kobe will be 25/5/5 and nash will be around 14/8

these are my predictions

kobe was like dont nobody care about no 12th place expectations :rofl:

pau gets back to his back to the basket so lets see

oh and said his nickname on back of his jersey right now is VINO lol

Last edited:
P, bout 2 weeks in, 6-7 games or so before 75% swing back the right way?

Or just one week? I said two to show my optimism.
The first three games of the regular season should help our cause.

Why do you guys even care about other people's opinion? If you think the Lakers will not make it then so be it, no need to rub it in to others. Being somewhat optimistic wouldn't hurt right?

Optimistic is one thing, delusional is another.

As for "caring". I been around here. I know what this thread will become after a 1-6 start and dudes flipping out.

I'm optimistic too. Getting a top 5 pick will be HUGE for this franchise long term.
Making the playoffs as an 8 seed is meaningless, long and short term.

Seeing 75% of our fanbase say we're making the playoffs just makes me sad.

Wish everyone would think "bigger".

Optimistic is one thing, delusional is another.

As for "caring". I been around here. I know what this thread will become after a 1-6 start and dudes flipping out.

I'm optimistic too. Getting a top 5 pick will be HUGE for this franchise long term.
Making the playoffs as an 8 seed is meaningless, long and short term.

Seeing 75% of our fanbase say we're making the playoffs just makes me sad.

Wish everyone would think "bigger".
im on team rebuilding year but i wouldnt say people are delusional. the 6ers making the playoffs is delusional, us making the finals is delusional. i dont think making the playoffs is delusional, if kobe comes back fine and we stay healthy i can totally see it happening

but yes, being an 8-6th seed is the worst possible thing that can happen to a season

Kobe Bryant is not even running on a basketball court yet.
Regular season starts in 30 days. :lol:

Not running, to NBA game action, 30 days.

If that isn't delusional, then someone break out a dictionary for me right quick.

Obviously there's a disconnect on what Laker fans want. Some of us want a tank season, others want to get into the playoffs.

We need to have a top five pick. We need to have it. This is a patchwork team that not even your favorite player of all time Kobe Bean Bryant can save.

Last edited:
We don't need to "tank". We aren't any good. Tanking will just come.

This year is about develop ANY young talent we can. Flip Pau/Nash/Kaman for ANYthing. Make any trade we can that brings us young, cheap talent. (Ala Ariza deal). Lastly, find out what Kobe has left after injury.

Ehhhh, kinda. 6ers are TANKING. We just aren't very good, not 6ers either.

Kinda different, ya know?

If you're tanking, it's because you suck to begin with. You just happen to accept it and use it to your advantage draft-wise.

This team won't accept being terrible, but it won't matter over the course of the season.

Kobe Bryant is not even running on a basketball court yet.
Regular season starts in 30 days.
laugh.gif

Not running, to NBA game action, 30 days.

If that isn't delusional, then someone break out a dictionary for me right quick.
its a looong season, this is kobe we are talking about not drose. but i agree, if we are bad then tanking will naturally come, however actually tanking could be the difference from say the 10th seed and the 12th seed. its always better to have more pingpong balls

I hope the Lakers make the playoffs. If not, I hope we get the number 1 pick overall, maybe Sterns hooks us up after doing us dirty with the CP3 trade :nerd:

I just want the season to start!!!!

GO Lakers!

Lets just sit back and relax. Lets enjoy this season.

There's no high expectations from this team. If this team overachieves, it'll be great. If they don't achieve, it was expected.

Can't wait for the season to start already.

I was excited to discuss Lakers basketball again.

Until I saw CP is still constantly calling people delusional for having more optimism than him.
Now i remember why I was excited for football season.

Doesn't even seem like a poll for a record prediction is necessary. Anyone who doesn't predict a 5-77 record is delusional.

Let's all go get psychiatric care guys.

I was excited to discuss Lakers basketball again.

Until I saw CP is still constantly calling people delusional for having more optimism than him.
Now i remember why I was excited for football season.

Doesn't even seem like a poll for a record prediction is necessary. Anyone who doesn't predict a 5-77 record is delusional.

Let's all go get psychiatric care guys.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom