[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Welp, that didn't pan out as expected.

bbfinale10.gif

Cavs didn't really make a bad deal..

They honestly need to stop drafting..

Anyone who tells you different needs to look at how many draftees they have on the team now (7 from last 3 drafts), and would have had if they kept their picks (7 more in next 2 drafts).

There is a such thing as too many picks if you never move them for something else.

Deng gives them a push to the playoffs. The 1 first rounder they traded, may take a few years to get moved.
the 1st round draft pick is from SAC and is like top 20 protected. the 2nd rounders are what CLE is gonna regret, the draft is pretty deep this year. 

Deng is bouncing in a few months once the season is over, someone is gonna overpay for him. 

draft picks are extremely viable,  you just have to know who to draft and hope they develop ( ie: OKC- durant, westbrook, harden, ibaka...that Swift kid was a major bust though ( seattle days) 

Im glad Pau is sticking around though. i know he's having his struggles this year but he can bounce back, he can still be as productive as Duncan. 

after all that "#stayDH" crap and the backlash the organization got for "begging" a player to stay i dont think trading Pau for salary cap reasons wouldve resonated well with the loyal laker fan base. this is my team, and having them basically tank wouldve been heartbreaking.
 i  know the team isnt a contender, but i truly felt with an 80% kobe we couldve gotten an 8th seed. 

Last edited:
Im glad Pau is sticking around though. i know he's having his struggles this year but he can bounce back, he can still be as productive as Duncan.

Strike 1

i dont think trading Pau for salary cap reasons wouldve resonated well with the loyal laker fan base.

Strike 2

but i truly felt with an 80% kobe we couldve gotten an 8th seed.

You're out.

*blocked*

after all that "#stayDH" crap and the backlash the organization got for "begging" a player to stay i dont think trading Pau for salary cap reasons wouldve resonated well with the loyal laker fan base. this is my team, and having them basically tank wouldve been heartbreaking.

charliemurphywrongwrong-o.gif

Not sure why people are still suggesting ways to make this team better :lol:

You don't have to be openly team tank, but you gotta realize there is no fixing this team.

"swaggy p dont get fined" 
laugh.gif

i seen b scott do this during a halftime break with worthy a couple weeks back

this is too funny though 

Best thing about the Bulls deal is that if they amnesty Boozer, they could have space to go after Melo, saving us from signing him this summer.

They still don't. Only have $14mil in cap space after Amnestying Boozer. Would have to unload Taj for nothing.

Just embrace it.

Alex Kennedy: I expect the L.A. Lakers to pursue Luol Deng when he becomes an unrestricted free agent this summer. He's a realistic option for them. Twitter @AlexKennedyNBA 

Deng’s representatives met with Bulls management last offseason to discuss their concerns over these issues. That set an ominous tone for general talk on a contract extension for Deng, which produced such a gulf that no counteroffers were exchanged. Deng’s camp saw Josh Smith sign for $14 million annually with the Pistons last summer and figured Deng’s value as higher

Deng being gassed up, he is def not worth more than josh smith.i really hope they dont offer him more than 10/11 mil per season. Deng declined extension offers of 3/30 and 4/40 from the bulls...

say deng demands 15 mil in free agency, id much rather have melo at 17-18 mil per season

Last edited:
If the Lakers want to reserve some space for a max free agent in 2015-16, they really only have somewhere between $15-20 mil to spend on everything else between now and then. I really don't want them to blow any significant chunk of it on Luol Deng.

if only he would have worn kobes over kds 
mean.gif
those damn peanut-butter and jelly joints
Nike-KD-VI-Peanut-Butter-and-Jelly-01.jpg
...the kd's just dont look right to me. dont even look like basketball shoes

they reminded me of these joints
boardflipii.jpg
 reebok ice creams

Last edited:
I actually like Shawne.. He's not great, but he's a good guy to have toward the end of your bench if someone goes down.

Should have been Kelly, but youth always wins these things.

I mention it because
Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA 18m

Did the Lakers waive Shawne Williams because they're pursuing Hedo Turkoglu? As I said several days ago, their interest in Turkoglu is real.

To even express the slightest interest in Hedo Tukoglu makes little sense, so it has me worried a little.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom