[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
This is where your argument falls apart..

You said that it was a bad move because we had no backup (no young backup more specifically)

And you said E (which is me correct?) I'm trying to convince everyone we didn't need it. When I said the day of the trade that this deal isn't as good if we don't keep Ramon Sessions (a young PG) (one of the better backup PGs in the league, to actually you know, be the backup for Steve Nash).

U wanted to keep a guy that u and everybody else wanted banished from the NBA after the OKC series... Man whatever

i think most people were saying that sessions is a good asset to have but he would be better suited as a backup while he learns to become more consistent 

@Essential1  loved sessions as much as he hated steve blake

This is where your argument falls apart..

You said that it was a bad move because we had no backup (no young backup more specifically)

And you said E (which is me correct?) I'm trying to convince everyone we didn't need it. When I said the day of the trade that this deal isn't as good if we don't keep Ramon Sessions (a young PG) (one of the better backup PGs in the league, to actually you know, be the backup for Steve Nash).

U wanted to keep a guy that u and everybody else wanted banished from the NBA after the OKC series... Man whatever

You sure I wanted Ramon Sessions banished from the NBA after that series?

Ask anyone else in this thread if those words ever came out of my mouth?

Just put the question out there.. Ask Ska, Ask CP, and ask P if I ever said to banish Ramon Sessions or I no longer want Ramon Sessions on the Lakers.

sea manup sea manup knows

@CP1708 pmatic pmatic @DarthSka Did I ever say I didn't want Ramon Sessions on this team after that OKC series even up to the day he signed with the Bobcats?

Last edited:
its like when people tell me "you hate dwight on the rockets but you along with everyone else was begging him to resign with the lakers" 
laugh.gif

yeah... no dwight leaving was the greatest thing that has happened for me as a lakers fan since our last chip

At the time, no one was down on the Lakers getting Nash. If anything, people here were treating that move and the Dwight Howard move the same as when we landed Pau. No one could have foreseen what would happen to us in the two seasons since the moves, Nash's injuries included. It's easy to look back and say that Mitch should have known that his age would be a problem, but the guy had just had another great season and showed no signs of breaking down. Mitch made a smart move and it happened to backfire, it doesn't happen often, but here we are.

At the time, no one was down on the Lakers getting Nash. If anything, people here were treating that move and the Dwight Howard move the same as when we landed Pau. No one could have foreseen what would happen to us in the two seasons since the moves, Nash's injuries included. It's easy to look back and say that Mitch should have known that his age would be a problem, but the guy had just had another great season and showed no signs of breaking down. Mitch made a smart move and it happened to backfire, it doesn't happen often, but here we are.
yup, its like if we're down 2 and get d fish an open three but it doesnt go down. its the right idea but it just didnt work out, no reason to point fingers when everyone was hurt last year its just bad luck

yup, its like if we're down 2 and get d fish an open three but it doesnt go down. its the right idea but it just didnt work out, no reason to point fingers when everyone was hurt last year its just bad luck

I blame Steve Blake for missing that 3 in OKC.. He was WIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDEEEEEE OPEN :frown:

You sure I wanted Ramon Sessions banished from the NBA after that series?

Ask anyone else in this thread if those words ever came out of my mouth?

Just put the question out there.. Ask Ska, Ask CP, and ask P if I ever said to banish Ramon Sessions or I no longer want Ramon Sessions on the Lakers.

sea manup sea manup knows

@CP1708 pmatic pmatic @DarthSka Did I ever say I didn't want Ramon Sessions on this team after that OKC series even up to the day he signed with the Bobcats?

Yea he first came and he was SessionsGod to you, then he got hurt and u blamed the injury, then after OKC drilled it was he wasn't who I thought he was...

On top of that u said the dude was terrible defensively (but blamed it on his previous teams)

My whole thing is u wanted to keep Session who's terrible on defense and pair him with Nash probably the biggest defensive liability in NBA history... Coach

View media item 739959

Last edited:

I blame Steve Blake for missing that 3 in OKC.. He was WIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDEEEEEE OPEN
frown.gif
he saves his greatness for regular season rockets games 
tired.gif

I feel like a team with Dwight Howard can afford a poor defensive back court if said back court contains one of the best offensive PG of all time.

No not really... Check the thread... Page 27 on S&T.. Go read who I said should start for the Lakers at PG before Nash was at all a dream.

Go check.

And I also hope for all this defensive talk you were on Team Down With Mike Brown

Last edited:
I feel like a team with Dwight Howard can afford a poor defensive back court if said back court contains one of the best offensive PG of all time.
this and these days 80% of pgs "dont play defense"

pau and bynum being too slow/lazy to hedge on p&rs has as much to do with our poor pg defense as our actual pgs over the past few years

embiid is tall, strong, good foot work AND wearing goggles

get him training with kareem all year and he will be a legend

I was against the Nash signing. I knew what Lillard, Russell, Tony, Chris, or Steph would do to him night in and night out. I'm against Andrew Bynum and Derrick Fisher being the last draft picks we've had to be worth a damn since I've been alive. I'm against any player with a smidgeon of athleticism being free to walk after 1 or 2 seasons of showing potential in Tinsel Town. I'm against thinking we can sign and trade players versus drafting and developing forever well if we ever had draft picks to do that anyway.

I was excited when the Nash trade happened I mean 10 apg with that Suns team. I thought he would avg 15+ apg. with us.

Back
Top Bottom