[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
NashMEttaWorldPeace.gif
Lmaoooo

Watching the @ Orlando for the 1st time. I'm actually very encouraged. This team sucks right now but is going to be stupid good. that's if we are able to retain and continue to develop players like X, young, hill, Kelly and if we can add some Dantoni compatible players like Ariza and Shawn Marion. I'd take pau for a reasonable contract.

Marshall drops dimes like world star candy. Kelly is a baby deer but as he matures I can see him being deadly. I know yall saw him flexin out there :lol:

He might have no defense, be grossly overpaid, in his mid 30s coming off two pretty serious injuries but he's still kobe Bryant. Add him to a team like this and you can score on anybody no questions about it. Haven't even mentioned Farmar, Blake/Meeks or their replacements and whoever we end up drafting. I still can't quite see us getting a top 5 pick but that doesn't mean we won't find a top 5 player

Another year of developing our players and letting the wolves develop love for us and as soon as that this team will be competing for years to come

Last edited:
If we really want to trade Gasol for a 1st Round Pick, we should be ready to take on a contract that doesn't expire this year. Chances are to get the superstars we want, we will lose every single role player we have after next season. (With the exception of Farmar & Young, who are most likely to take less to stay. Yes I know we've been here before with Farmar, I don't think he does it again, especially when he won't get a bigger role).

Kaman flip for a second.. Maybe the Thunder, who have a trade exception would make that move. They need another big body.

Wes for a second.

Steve Blake for a Second.

I also think it's certainly plausible that we could lose Ryan Kelly in Free Agency this year. If a Team were to offer him more than 2 years at a few mil a year, and take a gamble, he's gone because it would be a bad decision to tie up that money. When we want Love in 2015

To be honest. Even if we gave Kobe 2 year / $32mil which is a steal, and fair value (Even though 2 year / $49mil is fair value if you factor in Basketball + Business) we wouldn't win a title before Kobe leaves.

But there is always a best case scenario.

Last edited:
Fair points. Who do you suspect as a potential trade piece for pau that fits that criteria? I can envision several teams that wouldn't hesitate to add kaman at the right price.

Fair points. Who do you suspect as a potential trade piece for pau that fits that criteria? I can envision several teams that wouldn't hesitate to add kaman at the right price.

The one I look at are the Bobcats... Which is a slew of goodness for us.

They have three 1st Round Picks next year.. Their own, The Pistons if it falls between 9-30, and the Blazers if it falls between 15-30.

Pau Gasol, Wes Johnson for Ben Gordon (expiring), Anthony Tolliver, and between Josh McRoberts ($2.771m Player Option Next Year) or Brendan Haywood ($2.213mil next year, $10.522mil non- guaranteed in 2015-16)

For Kaman, maybe we could send him to the Thunder (have a trade exception for Kevin Martin) . It would be Kaman for Trade Exception & 2nd Round Pick. Thunder may have two 1sts depending on how good the Mavs do. But doubtful.

If we do that. We will only be 1-1st & 1-2nd Round Pick short of the normal total we'd have from 2014-2017). Then have all picks from there on out.

Last edited:
That would be a nice come up. Doesn't kobe have mj's # :lol:. Might not be a bad idea to target a 2015 pick also especially if for some reason this team might have certain connections to duke or Kansas and know that certain players are staying another year before it's made public

Emeka Okafor and the Pacers' first round draft pick from the Suns.

That's probably #2 option.

I'd like to deal with the Bobcats first. More likely to get them to screw up.

Also if you read the Ben Gordon saga (including not even playing when Kemba is out) his value is 0. You could get much more attached to him.

Where as we've seen how Suns approach deals with the Lakers.

Last edited:
While we're at it:

Dante Cunningham and the Hornets' second round draft pick from the T'Wolves for Chris Kaman.

Samuel Dalembert and the Celtics' second round draft pick from the Mavs for Jordan Hill.

Steve Blake's trade value is destroyed thanks to his injury.

No thanks to Jordan Hill trade. Unless he gets us a future first, it's a worthless trade

Last edited:
I just can't see him re-signing unless management gives him a hefty one year contract.

Edit:

I will say I wouldn't mind him staying through the season. I definitely want Gasol and Kaman gone with my trade proposals though.

Last edited:
Could always try to keep Jordan and then use him to get Love mid-season next year.

Jordan + A young guy coming up that maybe we overpay a couple mil on a short contract and a filler for Love next year... Shrugs

Although some of you might want to tank next year because we have a top 5 protected pick. :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom