[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
It's funny listening to mike D talk after the game lol
You can tell he doesn't no what to say lol
It's like he wasn't even at the game :rofl:

He has that look in his eye like "yea we suck and I don't no how else I can explain it":smh:

Pau played well on offense. :pimp:

No Kaman in sight. :pimp:

Marshall and Harris played well. :pimp:

Knicks get a win up on the Lakers. :pimp:

Lakers tie the Jazz with 29 losses. :pimp:

And face the Pacers Tuesday.

Won't have to worry about that one. :lol:

The longer and closer we stay within striking distance of a top pick, has to help Mitch decide to sell parts near deadline. (Pau, Nick, Kaman, Hill)

Melo had 35 points on 31 shots.. Hardly the reason we lost.

Regardless, we have no stoppers. You play players on merit at this point.

Look at Offensive Rebounds. 11 more offensive rebounds for the Knicks. Led to 15 more second chance points (21-6). We lost by 7.

Why not play Kaman? He's a big body he can grab some boards? What is MDA's thing with him?

Look at Offensive Rebounds. 11 more offensive rebounds for the Knicks. Led to 15 more second chance points (21-6). We lost by 7.

Why not play Kaman? He's a big body he can grab some boards? What is MDA's thing with him?

The Lakers are actually tanking :wink:

It's funny listening to mike D talk after the game lol
You can tell he doesn't no what to say lol
It's like he wasn't even at the game :rofl:

He has that look in his eye like "yea we suck and I don't no how else I can explain it":smh:

dantonino.gif

Because he's a worse rebounder than Pau and Hill.

Pau is the Center.

When Pau doesn't play Center. Pau complains, and fans complain. Giving everybody what they want.

Also with the limit amount that Kaman would play, you might as well develop Sacre. And play Hill. Also with Ryan Kelly playing well, everyone's piece of the pie decreases.

Last edited:
Pau is the Center.

When Pau doesn't play Center. Pau complains, and fans complain. Giving every body what they want.

Pau doesn't play the whole game. Pau leaves to for select minutes rest. MDA puts in either Sacre or Hill to play center. MDA can try putting in Kaman. Am I missing something? I mean its not like he's averse to tinkering with the lineup...

I wouldn't go as far saying that Kaman is drastically worst on defense than either one of those, and i'd say he's considerately better in offense.

However this is all moot if MDA has really gone the tanking route.

Last edited:
Pau is the Center.

When Pau doesn't play Center. Pau complains, and fans complain. Giving every body what they want.

Pau doesn't play the whole game. Pau leaves to for select minutes rest. MDA puts in either Sacre or Hill to play center. MDA can try putting in Kaman. Am I missing something? I mean its not like he's averse to tinkering with the lineup...

Robert Sacre. You play the guy who will be on this team for 2 more years. Chris Kaman's game has no more upside. Robert Sacre has room to grow.

Also Ryan Kelly, Jordan Hill take up most of PF. Can't slide Pau over to the 4 anymore because those guys can't play the 3. With Wes occasionally sliding over to the 4 (By the way, Wes is a SG).

When X comes back. Wes' minutes will disappear.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I think Kaman didn't do himself any favors when he was throwing no-look behind the back passes a few weeks ago (the Clippers game comes to mind).

I don't understand the hate (for lack of better word) for Wes. I mean he's a streaky shooter, one of the better defenders on this horrible defensive team, he can rebound, and he can finish.

He's something we haven't had in a while, an athletic guard, I think X is probably the player (along with Farmar and Young) i'd target to keep, but Wes for cheap wouldn't be a bad pickup.

One of the main reasons why Wes was brought in was because he was forunate enough to share agents with Kobe. I think he'll return for cheap again, but if he doesn't I'm not going to lose any sleep. He's athletic and can rebound, but he's a streaky shooter, terrible at reading-reacting and can't dribble worth a damn.

Not really hate.

This is what people don't want to take into account.

YOU CANNOT MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY.

Ryan Kelly can only play PF.

Hill can only play 4 or 5.

Pau can only play the 5 (because he complains when he doesn't, and fans complain when he doesn't)

Sacre has more reason to play than Kaman. Youth and the fact he will be a Laker next year, when Kaman will not.

Go to SG/ SF.

Meeks & Young are our two best scorers. So they deserve the minutes they get.

Kendall Marshall is the only true PG left. So he will get 30 + minutes.

That leaves Wes with the run-over. And Manny Harris with whatever is left.

When Xavier Henry comes back and Farmar come back. Manny Harris would be gone. Wes Johnson may get a dozen minutes maximum.

There's a reason rotations are 9 or 10 and not 12.

Last edited:
Not really hate.

This is what people don't want to take into account.

YOU CANNOT MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY.

Ryan Kelly can only play PF.

Hill can only play 4 or 5.

Pau can only play the 5 (because he complains when he doesn't, and fans complain when he doesn't)

Sacre has more reason to play than Kaman. Youth and the fact he will be a Laker next year, when Kaman will not.

Go to SG/ SF.

Meeks & Young are our two best scorers. So they deserve the minutes they get.

Kendall Marshall is the only true PG left. So he will get 30 + minutes.

That leaves Wes with the run-over. And Manny Harris with whatever is left.

When Xavier Henry comes back and Farmar come back. Manny Harris would be gone. Wes Johnson may get a dozen minutes maximum.

There's a reason rotations are 9 or 10 and not 12.

I understand this, but it really depends on what the Lakers are trying to do, I mean right now its fine that they are developing Kelly and Sacre and Marshall, but what happens when everyone comes back, INCLUDING Nash.

If the Lakers are going to try to win, which would come to the chagrin of most people in here, Kelly, Sacre, and Marshall shouldnt be seeing time at all. Which would also mean that a person like Kaman who is established player in this league should be seeing more time.

I mean these are all hypothetical because first we can't assume this team ever gets healthy, and secondly we won't know what the Lakers real intention of this season will be, I mean they talk about not tanking, but it sure looks like tanking.

I think Wes could start with our healthy team, he'd be a help on defense and they can sub him early on, but his energy would be greatly needed. But like I said, I don't really know i'm just trying to enjoy this season, and enjoy whatever wins we get. If all this losing leads to some bust pick, I could finally find a year to replace the year the Lakers lost to the Pistons as the worst Laker year i've ever witnessed.

I understand this, but it really depends on what the Lakers are trying to do, I mean right now its fine that they are developing Kelly and Sacre and Marshall, but what happens when everyone comes back, INCLUDING Nash.

If the Lakers are going to try to win, which would come to the chagrin of most people in here, Kelly, Sacre, and Marshall shouldnt be seeing time at all. Which would also mean that a person like Kaman who is established player in this league should be seeing more time.

I mean these are all hypothetical because first we can't assume this team ever gets healthy, and secondly we won't know what the Lakers real intention of this season will be, I mean they talk about not tanking, but it sure looks like tanking.

I think Wes could start with our healthy team, he'd be a help on defense and they can sub him early on, but his energy would be greatly needed. But like I said, I don't really know i'm just trying to enjoy this season, and enjoy whatever wins we get. If all this losing leads to some bust pick, I could finally find a year to replace the year the Lakers lost to the Pistons as the worst Laker year i've ever witnessed.

Kelly not getting time I understand.

Sacre will get time because the bigs are all healthy

Marshall not getting time would be a crime.

If Kobe is healthy, Meeks is healthy, Young is healthy, Henry is henry. You are playing Wes at the PF. I like Wes (I was his biggest proponent at the beginning of the year), but you are not getting many minutes out of him if that's the case.

Excerpt from Ken Berger's article

Bryant said Anthony is "obviously [in] the upper tier of players in the league." But there's only one way to evade the label as a scorer, leave the likes of Wilkins and King behind and join another stratosphere.

"The only way to do that is win," Bryant said. "That's it. I've won five championships and there's some of you who still say that. ... The most important thing is winning a championship, and that's the only way to shake it. That's the only way Michael shook it. That's the only way any top scorer will be able to shake it."

The question for Anthony, of course, is whether he will be able to do that in New York -- whether the Knicks are an organization capable of surrounding him with championship talent and culture. Bryant spoke Sunday of New York's allure as a basketball and cultural Mecca -– despite the cold, which he abhors -– but neglected to mention the most important piece. The basketball organization that occupies this prestigious address and historic monument that is Madison Square Garden hasn't won a championship in 40 years.

"I think that players, when that time comes, have to make the best decision for them and their families," Bryant said. "I try not to think about it too much. If he wants to call me for advice later, as a friend, I'll be more than happy to give it to him."

In LA, Anthony has a willing accomplice in Bryant, a team with championships on its resume and a city where he and his wife, La La, have a home. He also has a glamour team with cap room for a max free agent this summer, making the Lakers the only viable option for Anthony if he chooses to leave New York. Just as important, the Lakers are in position to have significant room again in 2015, when Minnesota's Kevin Love -- who, like Anthony, loves LA -- can opt out and become a free agent.

It wasn't unusual, but certainly was notable, that Bryant spent a good bit of time after Sunday's game catching up with two power brokers who make such things happen from coast to coast in the NBA: William "World Wide Wes" Wesley, the CAA operative who has sunk his influence deeply into the Knicks, and Robert "Bay" Frazier, Anthony's business manager.

"Everyone wants to play in Los Angeles," Bryant said. "I mean, New York's a beautiful place, don't get me wrong. But it's colder than [expletive] out here. Palm trees and beaches are obviously a little bit more appealing."

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/writer/ken-berger/24421390/bryants-advice-for-melo-win-a-championship

Pretty clear what is going to happen from that article.

Last edited:
Kelly not getting time I understand.

Sacre will get time because the bigs are all healthy

Marshall not getting time would be a crime.

If Kobe is healthy, Meeks is healthy, Young is healthy, Henry is henry. You are playing Wes at the PF. I like Wes (I was his biggest proponent at the beginning of the year), but you are not getting many minutes out of him if that's the case.

Where is Marshall going to get his minutes? Let's assume Blake and Farmar come back, you have them and at the SG you have Kobe, Meeks, Young, SF you have Henry, Wes, Young, and PF you have Hill, Kelly, Sacre, and at Center you got Pau, Sacre, Kaman.

I think you can throw Wes at the 3 for a few minutes somewhere, I mean I feel he deserves to play as much as anybody else on this time. But I really don't see where Marshall is going to get his minutes, this is all assuming Nash doesn't come back.

Back
Top Bottom