[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Kelly not getting time I understand.

Sacre will get time because the bigs are all healthy

Marshall not getting time would be a crime.

If Kobe is healthy, Meeks is healthy, Young is healthy, Henry is henry. You are playing Wes at the PF. I like Wes (I was his biggest proponent at the beginning of the year), but you are not getting many minutes out of him if that's the case.

Where is Marshall going to get his minutes? Let's assume Blake and Farmar come back, you have them and at the SG you have Kobe, Meeks, Young, SF you have Henry, Wes, Young, and PF you have Hill, Kelly, Sacre, and at Center you got Pau, Sacre, Kaman.

I think you can throw Wes at the 3 for a few minutes somewhere, I mean I feel he deserves to play as much as anybody else on this time. But I really don't see where Marshall is going to get his minutes, this is all assuming Nash doesn't come back.

Again we have the... "Can't make everyone happy."

We are not mathematically out of the playoffs. But we have to play 8 games better than 7 other West teams for the last 37 games. It's over. The season is over.

So you play based on merit at this point.

Nothing about Wes' play the last few weeks have been merit-able.

Last edited:
Again we have the... "Can't make everyone happy."

We are not mathematically out of the playoffs. But we have to play 8 games better than 7 other West teams for the last 37 games. It's over. The season is over.

So you play based on merit at this point.

Nothing about Wes' play the last few weeks have been merit-able.

If we truly will base our play on merit Marshall should get an opportunity to play, but I highly doubt that would be the case with Blake and Farmar coming back. We'll see though.

Excerpt from Ken Berger's article

Bryant said Anthony is "obviously [in] the upper tier of players in the league." But there's only one way to evade the label as a scorer, leave the likes of Wilkins and King behind and join another stratosphere.

"The only way to do that is win," Bryant said. "That's it. I've won five championships and there's some of you who still say that. ... The most important thing is winning a championship, and that's the only way to shake it. That's the only way Michael shook it. That's the only way any top scorer will be able to shake it."

The question for Anthony, of course, is whether he will be able to do that in New York -- whether the Knicks are an organization capable of surrounding him with championship talent and culture. Bryant spoke Sunday of New York's allure as a basketball and cultural Mecca -– despite the cold, which he abhors -– but neglected to mention the most important piece. The basketball organization that occupies this prestigious address and historic monument that is Madison Square Garden hasn't won a championship in 40 years.

"I think that players, when that time comes, have to make the best decision for them and their families," Bryant said. "I try not to think about it too much. If he wants to call me for advice later, as a friend, I'll be more than happy to give it to him."

In LA, Anthony has a willing accomplice in Bryant, a team with championships on its resume and a city where he and his wife, La La, have a home. He also has a glamour team with cap room for a max free agent this summer, making the Lakers the only viable option for Anthony if he chooses to leave New York. Just as important, the Lakers are in position to have significant room again in 2015, when Minnesota's Kevin Love -- who, like Anthony, loves LA -- can opt out and become a free agent.

It wasn't unusual, but certainly was notable, that Bryant spent a good bit of time after Sunday's game catching up with two power brokers who make such things happen from coast to coast in the NBA: William "World Wide Wes" Wesley, the CAA operative who has sunk his influence deeply into the Knicks, and Robert "Bay" Frazier, Anthony's business manager.

"Everyone wants to play in Los Angeles," Bryant said. "I mean, New York's a beautiful place, don't get me wrong. But it's colder than [expletive] out here. Palm trees and beaches are obviously a little bit more appealing."

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/writer/ken-berger/24421390/bryants-advice-for-melo-win-a-championship

Pretty clear what is going to happen from that article.
Yeah, me killing myself in six months.

So random.

8267f62286e111e3bdef1223b69bdde6_8.jpg

8fb30c6686e311e3af8f0a64691e8e35_8.jpg

Bahaha at Streep. As much as some of us are rooting against the Lakers to win games, we need to be rooting just as hard for the Knicks to go on a tear. The writing is too much on the wall at this point. Melo is coming...

I don't mind the idea at all. Not at his max level. Maybe give up $3mil each year. Allows for another max and a sixth man. Then you go forth. When Kobe retires. Another max slot + a sixth man.

Cap manipulation necessary

Last edited:

So random.

8267f62286e111e3bdef1223b69bdde6_8.jpg
Meryl, what are you doing w/ your life?

I'm a fan of both them dudes equally... but a huge Streep fan.

Kobe wearing Columbia XIs, chilling w/ Meryl Streep; anyone shows a pic of him eating an Oreo, it's curtains for ya.

Melo isn't going to take less than the max, come on.

Then it's a no. Unless KLove is already on this team before July 1st.

That's the only way Melo wins a title is to leave a couple mil off his salary every year of his next salary on top of what he walks away from in New York.

Could he win a title? Of course.

But the likelihood it happens in New York is absurdly funny. (Of course. Magic does think it's possible :lol: )

Last edited:
Do not want Melo this upcoming free agency. He can score but he is not a proven winner.
has melo ever played with a proven winner? 

who is the best player melo has ever played with? ...i think JFV brought this up during the game on sunday. 

point is if melo wants to win, he'll have to take less and play with a top tier player in this league. whether thats here or somewhere else.

ill take melo at 13-15 mil over 12-13 mil to deng, but if giving money to melo keeps us from having space to get k love..no thanks.  

We're gonna pay a 36 year old 25 million dollars and then ask a guy in his prime to take less money than he can get elsewhere?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We're gonna pay a 36 year old 25 million dollars and then ask a guy in his prime to take less money than he can get elsewhere?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
ron artest took less to sign here...he didnt have the best reputation prior to coming here and winning a ring. 

he'll still be remembered more for the unfortunate incidents that happened in his career but no one is gonna deny what he contributed en route to a championship. 

and yes i know artest wasnt a superstar, but he was a top 10-15(?)  player at one point.  

Back
Top Bottom