[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
we should change the thread title to "steve nash back next week" and leave it like that for the rest of the season
"Season Starts Next Week, Nash is BACK!"
That 'Season starts next week' last season was legit entertaining. 
laugh.gif

To help everyone's spirits.......

I know folks take pride in the whole "We always make the playoffs"

I surely do.

But since there are some years that it just ain't happenin, here's a bright side for y'all......

Didn't make the playoffs in 74-75 or 75-76, won the title in 1980.
Didn't make the playoffs in 93-94, won the title in 2000.
Didn't make the playoffs in 04-05, won the title in 2009.

4 years not making playoffs, won a title within 6 years each time.

Last time it took longer than that, was 1957-57, didn't win a title til 1972. (No, I was not alive for any of those seasons. )

So missing this year may suck, but within 5 years we historically make that comeback.

And traditionally, when we win 1, we tend to stick around and make sure to win a couple within that time span.

So again, we can still make this season count. By losing as much as possible and enhancing our lone Draft Pick. :smokin

Only team in the league that has at least BEEN to the Finals in...

Every.

Single.

Decade.

nthat.gif

[quote name="grandtheftbike"][quote name="had pants"]
la_g_steve-nash_mb_400.jpg
[/quote]AOTO

antique of the offense :nerd:[/quote]Son. :lol:

Ice bath for his feet/ankles help recover quicker (yeah i know) :lol:

Jazz win :pimp:

Bucks 8 wins :x
Magic 12 wins :x
Sixers 14 wins :x
Lakers 15 wins :pimp: :pimp:

Obviously hes wearing kobe 9s in the storage bin. Remember his 'trash talk' shoe? It's a thing in the past, hence the garbage bin in the back.

Flyknit is where its at :pimp:

Dante Exum has already declared for the Draft, and his agent..........is Kobe's agent. :pimp:

6-6 190 with speed and attacks the rim. :pimp:

Just has to improve his jumper. (He's Rondo 2.0) :pimp:

Just need Jabari to be smart and enter as well, Wiggins, Jabari, Embiid, Randle, Smart, Exum, the class gets deeper and deeper for us. Just have to be in that top 5. :pimp:

Last edited:
I really want Smart (assuming we miss out on top 3).

The hustle, defensive mindedness of Smart is EXTREMELY intriguing.

"LaLa says Melo will stay with knicks" 
La La Anthony "definitely" thinks her husband, free-agent-to-be Carmelo Anthony, will re-sign with the New York Knicks  this summer.

"I definitely think he will stay," La La Anthony said in an interview with Bravo TV's "Watch What Happens Live." "I know that he wants to stay, and I support him wherever he wants to go.

"Listen, I used to live in Denver with him. If I can live in Denver, I can live anywhere. I just want him to be happy."

Carmelo Anthony says he will test free agency this summer. He is under contract through 2014-15 but can opt out after this season.

Under the collective bargaining agreement, the Knicks can offer him a maximum contract of $129 million over five years. Other suitors can offer Anthony a maximum of $96 million over four years.

[+] Enlarge
Jeyhoun Allebaugh/NBAE/Getty ImagesLa La Anthony "definitely" thinks her husband, Carmelo Anthony, will re-sign with the Knicks this summer.

La La Anthony playfully mocked those who speculate that she will have a heavy influence on her husband's decision.

"I get blamed for everything. No matter what happens, it's my fault," she said. "[There are] all these talks if he's staying in New York or not, [and] I'm somehow the mastermind behind if he stays or not."

The Knicks (17-27) have performed well below expectations this season. That has led some to speculate that Carmelo Anthony will take less money and sign elsewhere this summer.

One potential destination is Los Angeles. The Lakers  are among several teams, including the Chicago Bulls  and Dallas Mavericks, that may have the requisite salary-cap space this summer to sign Anthony.

Kobe Bryant, a friend of Anthony's, said Sunday that he will not be actively recruiting the Knicks forward to join the Lakers.

"Well, everybody wants to play in Los Angeles," Bryant said when asked about Anthony's potential interest in joining the Lakers. "I mean, New York is a beautiful place, don't get me wrong, but it is colder than s--- out here. You know, palm trees and beaches obviously are a little more appealing.

"All jokes aside, I think that players, when that time comes, will have to make the best decision for them and their families. I try not to think about it too much. If he wants to call me for advice later as a friend, I will be more than happy to give it to him."

Bryant pointed out that one way for Anthony to be viewed as more than just a scorer is to win a title.

"The only way to do that is win," Bryant said. "That's it. I won five championships, and there's some of you guys [who] still say that. You just got to take it and roll with it. The important thing is winning a championship. That's the only way to shake it. That's the only way Michael [Jordan] shook it. That's the only way any top scorer will be able to shake it."

Anthony, who is in his 11th season, said Monday that his sole motivation is to win an NBA title.

"That's the only thing I care about. Anything else is irrelevant to me when it comes to basketball," he said. "Championship is the only thing that's on my mind, is the only thing I want to accomplish, I want to achieve, and I'm going to do what I got to do to get that. That's my motivating factor. Nothing else even motivates me anymore, just that."

per espn
oh whale

You do know that taking LaLa's word for it is pointless.

These stories happening are just as much a white flag of he's leaving, as it is he's staying

Trade Power Rankings:

Very Well Could Be Gone:
1. Chris Kaman
2. Jodie Meeks :frown:
3. Jordan Hill :frown:
4. Wes Johnson
5. Steve Blake

Maybe, But Unlikely:
6. Pau Gasol

Need a Huge Offer:
7. Xavier Henry
8. Nick Young