[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Bucks might be stupid enough to draft Wiggins/Parker #1 overall seeing as they have Larry Sanders and John Henson in the middle.

Same with the Jazz with Favors, Kanter and Evans.

Sixers might want Parker over Embiid.

Kings would take Wiggins or Smart.

Celtics/Magic would draft Embiid with a quickness.

These are the teams we need to win :evil: :evil: :evil:

Last edited:
Bucks might be stupid enough to draft Wiggins/Parker #1 overall seeing as they have Larry Sanders and John Henson in the middle.

Same with the Jazz with Favors, Kanter and Evans.

Sixers might want Parker over Embiid.

Kings would take Wiggins or Smart.

Celtics/Magic would draft Embiid with a quickness.

These are the teams we need to win :evil: :evil: :evil:

Embiid, Parker, Wiggins won't slip out of the top 3.

Regardless of who is drafting.

Yeah you have the Cavs taking Bennett last year. Trying to be "smart" and pick a sleeper.

No one will want to be the Pistons 03 with Darko.

My only hope is that we don't end up with Randle. Would be a useless pick in a year. Not because he won't be good, but because he will lose his starting spot to a Power Forward who doesn't Love Minnesota.

Last edited:
it will be interesting to see how randle adjust his games against nba front courts

but i agree, if Love is a player the lakers decide to pursue, they should not draft a PF

Nah, I'm thinking even with the #2 or #3 pick we might get the best player for us IMO Embiid. If we get #4 or #5 I think Smart/Exum is the smart choice.

What I RT earlier, if not posted already

Video breakdown of Exum, by @Mike_Schmitz.
youtu.be/vSadteflk9Y

Last edited:
Kobe out a little while longer...

This report surfaces, as Pmatic predicted...

When the Phoenix Suns reached the midway point of its season and Emeka Okafor still out with a neck injury, an insurance policy began to take over payment on 80 percent of the remaining $14.4 million on his 13-14 contact.

Okafor's contract has become one of the most valuable assets for trade partners seeking significant savings.

A team dealing for Okafor would receive an insurance payout of $5.7 million – roughly $141,000 per game.

With $5 million in cap space and Okafor's contract, Ryan McDonough is looking to improve his roster for a playoff run. The Suns are currently holding the seventh seed in the Western Conference.

The Suns have expressed a willingness to acquire a veteran player on a short-term deal who wouldn't compromise their cap space.

McDonough has expressed publicly his willingness to explore using his draft picks, young assets and cap space to explore possible deals for All-Star-level players.

From 1997 (when I first got into basketball) to 2012 I only had to focus on and solely root for the Lakers to win.

Last year, on top of rooting for Lakers, I had to to root for any team that played the Rockets, Blazers, and Mavs in our playoff chase.

This year, I have to root for Bucks, Magic, Kings, Cavs, Knicks, Sixers, Pelicans, Pistons, Jazz, CELTICS :x to win. AND root for Lakers to lose.

Weird turnaround to say the least.

Time to shut it down for the year kobe.

If nash ever does come back he will probably get injured within 3 to 5 games...

Kobe out a little while longer...

This report surfaces, as Pmatic predicted...

When the Phoenix Suns reached the midway point of its season and Emeka Okafor still out with a neck injury, an insurance policy began to take over payment on 80 percent of the remaining $14.4 million on his 13-14 contact.

Okafor's contract has become one of the most valuable assets for trade partners seeking significant savings.

A team dealing for Okafor would receive an insurance payout of $5.7 million – roughly $141,000 per game.

With $5 million in cap space and Okafor's contract, Ryan McDonough is looking to improve his roster for a playoff run. The Suns are currently holding the seventh seed in the Western Conference.

The Suns have expressed a willingness to acquire a veteran player on a short-term deal who wouldn't compromise their cap space.

McDonough has expressed publicly his willingness to explore using his draft picks, young assets and cap space to explore possible deals for All-Star-level players.

Absolutely in on that.

Suns have plenty of picks, and if they are willing to take Pau for this year, do it. I don't care what pick it is. Save money, get another young asset, shoot Okafor and Nash with one bullet.

Savings all around. :lol:

Frye, the twins and Plumlee are all having solid years. But Pau would seem like a massive upgrade to someone in McDonough's mindset. I don't think Emeka and a pick is unrealistic; Robert Sarver's dumb cheap *** might even think he's fleecing the hated Lakers on that one.

Maybe Mitch can pry a second young player, even.

Yes to the Suns proposal.

Last Sun we grabbed worked out so well. 
eyes.gif

No, all sarcasm aside, I like it.

*edit* Forgot about Marshall. He is kinda working out. Was talking about Nash.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm w/ Jack.

Maybe just come back like the last month or so, just because all the summer training in the world doesn't match NBA competition.

Omg....just read nashty tweaked his back getting out of bed.

For the love of God and for your health and basketball reasons, pls shut it down.

From what I have heard, if Nash retires due to medical reasons he still gets paid but his 9 million dollar salary will be OFF the books next year, giving us even more space.

So our free agent flexibility dramatically depends on what this dude Steve decides in the summer.

I think someone needs to talk this guy into doing the "right thing."

If he doesn't want to, someone needs to make him. Via golf club or a hit man...

Just do the right thing Steve.
Retire, please.

Been calling for Nash to retire since November. He's done. His retirement would be a big break for the Lakers and the salary cap. I'd rather see more PT for Marshall to see if he can develop more. Nash playing would cut into that. His 9 mil off the salary cap would be much better spent and a nice player like Deng during the off season.

Back
Top Bottom