[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
So the speculation is that Lakers re-sign Gasol for 1-2 years, and get Deng. Then go after Love in 2015.

Gasol
Love
Deng
Kobe
Smart or Exum.

Farmar, Xavier, Wes, Kelly, Sacre.

Kobe and Pau OLLLLLLLLLLLLDDDD dudes tho. KG/Pierceish.

Eh. Need one more piece.

So the speculation is that Lakers re-sign Gasol for 1-2 years, and get Deng. Then go after Love in 2015.

Im with that. Funny cause I've been thinking about that this week actually.
My dream scenario is trading Pau and our pick this year for Love. Sign Deng in the summer and re-sign Pau.

One can only dream right?

Im with that. Funny cause I've been thinking about that this week actually.
My dream scenario is trading Pau and our pick this year for Love. Sign Deng in the summer and re-sign Pau.

One can only dream right?

WHY WOULD YOU TRADE THE PICK?

That's a Knicks-esque move

We actually can't trade it. Due to NBA rules

Last edited:

We actually can't trade it

If it meant getting Love now, then I'd trade the pick. Plus I think that would be the only way Minn. would do the trade....

Whats the reason we cant trade the pick?

We actually can't trade it

If it meant getting Love now, then I'd trade the pick. Plus I think that would be the only way Minn. would do the trade....

Whats the reason we cant trade the pick?

Called the Ted Stepien Rule

http://basketball.about.com/od/collegebasketballglossary/g/ted-stepien-rule.htm

So you would trade a potential top 5 pick. Definite top 10 pick for Kevin Love.

When you can put Kevin Love with a top 10 pick and not give up anything.

:rofl:

Last edited:

Gasol
Love
Deng
Kobe
Smart or Exum.

Farmar, Xavier, Wes, Kelly, Sacre.

Kobe and Pau OLLLLLLLLLLLLDDDD dudes tho. KG/Pierceish.

Eh. Need one more piece.

Missing a few things.

Gasol and Love front court (on defense) would be awful. Unless Gasol wants to play for $6mil, NO WAY TO GASOL.

And the bench is terrible.

Last edited:

:rofl:

Top 10 picks sound nice but nothing is ever guaranteed. How many bust have we seen? Heck, the number 1 pick of last years draft has been a bust. I'm more interested in proven commodities like Love. Waiting for 2015 sounds nice but we are running out of time with Kobe. Of course I'm really banking on the fact that he can come back healthy and play close to what he did last year. If he can do that, I'd rather have Love next year rather than waiting for 2 years.

Of course if that doesn't happen then I'm not mad at seeing where we draft and who we draft and hooping its a franchise type player for the future. But I'm a greedy Laker fan that wants the team to be on top again sooner rather than later so I prefer the scenario that I posted earlier.

roll.gif
Top 10 picks sound nice but nothing is ever guaranteed. How many bust have we seen? Heck, the number 1 pick of last years draft has been a bust. I'm more interested in proven commodities like Love. Waiting for 2015 sounds nice but we are running out of time with Kobe. Of course I'm really banking on the fact that he can come back healthy and play close to what he did last year. If he can do that, I'd rather have Love next year rather than waiting for 2 years.

Of course if that doesn't happen then I'm not mad at seeing where we draft and who we draft and hooping its a franchise type player for the future. But I'm a greedy Laker fan that wants the team to be on top again sooner rather than later so I prefer the scenario that I posted earlier.
we have no shot of winning a title next year. no point in risking our future by giving up a draft pick just so we can try and fail to buy an old player another ring

Missing a few things.

Gasol and Love front court (on defense) would be awful. Unless Gasol wants to play for $6mil, NO WAY TO GASOL.

And the bench is terrible.

On paper Love and Gasol does sound bad... but IMO defense is all about effort,coaching and some youth/quickness.
This year Gasol hasnt put much effort on the defensive end. We have seen him in the past do it when there is something to play for (finals vs Orland and Boston)

Cause how the hell do an old Duncan and Splitter get it done?? Lol
I think it has to do with Pop's coaching and some of the younger guys effort.

So at the beginning of January, I predicted we'd end the month at 17-30. This loss puts us at 16-30, with one game left in the month.

Considering Nash, Farmar, Blake will likely be back within the next week or two. Not sure how much better it makes us.
Henry two weeks.
Kobe 3+ weeks

12 games... 7 at home, 5 away. 5 against playoff teams.

We probably leave February at 21-38 (if we lose vs. Bobcats), 22-37 if we beat the Bobcats.

Last edited:
So i think the Lakers is really try to tank. They're just doing it in a low key way aka still try to play hard but not trying to win.

So at the beginning of January, I predicted we'd end the month at 17-30. This loss puts us at 16-30, with one game left in the month.

Considering Nash, Farmar, Blake will likely be back within the next week or two. Not sure how much better it makes us.
Henry two weeks.
Kobe 3+ weeks

12 games... 7 at home, 5 away. 5 against playoff teams.

We probably leave February at 21-38 (if we lose vs. Bobcats), 22-37 if we beat the Bobcats.

Look good for the tanking plan.

Pau Gasol has a groin injury.

I would make a joke.. But too easy

Probably won't miss any games.

Last edited:
If we don't make any moves at the deadline. I think we end up with the 7th worst record. 32-50 or 33-49.

Best course of action is to trade Pau Gasol & Chris Kaman at the deadline.

Get a 1st & 2nd out of the two (Separate trades obviously).

That 2nd could be 60th for all I care.

The 1st. Try your best to get it mid-round. I.e. Suns or Bobcats, who need a push to stay in the playoffs.

Ben Gordon + Anthony Tolliver, Lottery Protected 1st (They have 3 picks, So maybe best of non-lottery picks) for Pau (if you need to add Wes, you do that immediately)

Emeka Okafor & 1st for Pau Gasol

Forget about Pau Gasol. Move on. Let him go. Don't bring him back. Pau Gasol will not win you a title anymore.

Look to move Blake.

The market for Meeks, Wes & Xavier isn't great for us because they are all getting paid peanuts, so what we get back won't do us much good going forward. Not sure many teams would be willing to give 2nd Round Picks for them.

Hill certainly may not be back, but I'd keep him, to keep his bird rights in the event that we want him back. If we trade him, he's gone forever. UNLESS a playoff team wants to offer a late 1st for him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom