[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
pau gasol while he still had his male reproductive organs is my favorite player to watch ever 
smokin.gif

Pau will sit out the entire road trip. Easy 0-3.

16 - 34.

32 games left.

20 games against Playoff teams/ 20 games vs. .500+ teams (would be more but Eastern Conference :lol: ). 24 games of 32 if you count teams within 4 games of the playoffs at this point.

Last edited:
Max wins 33 games.. This is the we don't trade Pau Gasol, Kobe comes back and is Kobe of February - April of last year.. Means we'd finish 17 - 18. EXTREMELY UNLIKELY SCENARIO

Minimum wins 25. This is we trade Pau for Emeka (meaning we fill Pau's role with nobody), we trade Hill or Kaman (likely for a back court guy who wouldn't play, or a vast degrade over either of the two), and we trade one of Blake, Meeks, or Henry. That means we finish the season 9 - 26. 75% of those wins will be Kobe WILLING us to victories in March & April.

Last edited:
Yea ...that groing injury kinda just came outta nowhere... Made up ... I think Pau is just Done.

You look at Dantoni he looks Done
Poor Swaggy P looks extra Done lol
When Kobe was rubbin his face in disgust that one game that's when he was Done
Nash has been Done since he crossed the state line.
Mitch looks like he doesn't sleep at night he's Done
I think the organization is kinda just tapping out this season

Can't really blame them. They're broken. But it'll be a good lesson learned in the future #golakers

Gotta get Pau to Phoenix. They have their own pick, the Wolves pick if they make the playoffs, Wizards pick if they get 13th or later, and the Pacers pick.
Pau for Emeka straight up. Try to get one of those picks. If you can't shop him to Bobcats for a 1st with Gordon & Tolliver. If they decline, then we try to get multiple 2nd Rounders.

Try to get Kaman to the Hawks (they need a big man pretty badly). Cunningham & Antic for Kaman works. Not sure they trade Antic when they need big men, but he's the only one who really makes it work that is an expiring. Pelicans could work, a swap for Stiemsma or Jason Smith. Thunder could work for Thabeet & DFish. Wizards maybe.

Steve Blake can be used by the Warriors, Pacers, Bulls, T'Wolves, Nets, Pelicans, Knicks, Wiazards. (Wolves, Pelicans & Wizards are easiest to get a deal done with).

Last edited:
Gotta get Pau to Phoenix. They have their own pick, the Wolves pick if they make the playoffs, Wizards pick if they get 13th or later, and the Pacers pick.
Pau for Emeka straight up. Try to get one of those picks. If you can't shop him to Bobcats for a 1st with Gordon & Tolliver. If they decline, then we try to get multiple 2nd Rounders.

Try to get Kaman to the Hawks (they need a big man pretty badly). Cunningham & Antic for Kaman works. Not sure they trade Antic when they need big men, but he's the only one who really makes it work that is an expiring. Pelicans could work, a swap for Stiemsma or Jason Smith. Thunder could work for Thabeet & DFish. Wizards maybe.

Steve Blake can be used by the Warriors, Pacers, Bulls, T'Wolves, Nets, Pelicans, Knicks, Wiazards. (Wolves, Pelicans & Wizards are easiest to get a deal done with).
i feel like if you keep talking about it you're going to jinx it 
ohwell.gif

i feel like if you keep talking about it you're going to jinx it :\

Meh.

Pau one was obvious, wanted to look at Kaman & Blake possibilities. So skip over Pau.

Even if you can't get a deal done for Pau. Hill is more likely to be traded in that case.

I think Meeks saying he wants to be here long term decreases his chances of being traded, but we all know the Laker role player curse will probably continue.

Last edited:
damn and like a fool i said 42-40 lmao. the **** was i drinking. musta been partying at bieber's crib that night

Call me crazy but idk about embiid, I rather get Wiggins or parker or another SF or SG. We need a young scorer type player once kobe is gone

As much as I have disliked what I have seen from Pau the last season and a half or so, he might go down as my favorite player ever.

P you just jumped a few notches in my book (not that you would care)

Pau is one of my favorite Lakers of all time, the consummate professional. I probably was the only person sad when I first heard of the Pau, Odom trade for CP3.

I hope he takes a paycut and retires as a Laker

Call me crazy but idk about embiid, I rather get Wiggins or parker or another SF or SG. We need a young scorer type player once kobe is gone
One thing though is that whoever this draft pick is, if he's good I want him to stay a Laker for life. With Wiggins, I see him wanting to play for his hometown eventually in his career. He's talked about wanting to play for Toronto a couple times already. I see a higher chance of him leaving us after his initial extension, which will be around when he's entering his prime. Not a huge factor, just something to kind of consider I guess.

if we draft wiggins and do a half decent job of building around him there is a -14% chance of him leaving to go to the craptors

there is a higher chance of american invading and taking over canada than that happening

if we draft wiggins and do a half decent job of building around him there is a -14% chance of him leaving to go to the craptors

there is a higher chance of american invading and taking over canada than that happening
5-7 years is a lifetime in the NBA. Who knows where we'll be and where Toronto will be.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom