[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
I'm sure Mitch is doing exactly what essential1 essential1 is saying and negotiating from the high point first, otherwise a deal would have been made already in the Sun's favor.

I don't think there are even three teams with enough cap space to absorb the contracts of Kaman, Hill and Blake.

The Suns won't have any if the Gasol trade is completed. Uh, that leaves the Sixers and Magic, who won't do it unless they get something else in return.

Last edited:
I don't think there are even three teams with enough cap space to absorb the contracts of Kaman, Hill and Blake.

The Suns won't have any if the Gasol trade is completed. Uh, that leaves the Sixers and Magic, who won't do it unless they get something else in return.

3 Separate trades.

Or two separate trades: combo of two and one separate.

Pelicans (yes I originally typed Hornets :lol: ) are definitely one who can.

But at the same time it's trading for those guys to upgrade over a current backup

Last edited:
That's what I'm saying. Besides the Suns, Sixers and Magic, no other teams have enough cap space at the moment to take their salaries in without sending someone back.

And there's really no motivation for the Sixers and Magic to acquire any of the three (except maybe Hill) unless they're getting something in addition to the player(s).

That's what I'm saying. Besides the Suns, Sixers and Magic, no other teams have enough cap space at the moment to take their salaries in without sending someone back.

And there's really no motivation for the Sixers and Magic to acquire any of the three (except maybe Hill) unless they're getting something in addition to the player(s).
both sixers and magic have players on the market ( big baby, aflalo, turner, young)  a scenario where they ship out one of those player s to a third team in a multiple team trade could work. unlikely but it can happen

Didn't PHX say they wanted to see what Gasol looks like after this groin injury? That really only leaves one game if he comes back after the break

Hopefully that was just to lower the Lakers' asking price. If they really need to see Gasol in game action one more time, the trade's dead.

WTF are you doing Mitch.

I highly doubt a late teens/early 20s pick and second rounders is going to be enough for a late lottery pick.

Exactly.

I see this going the way of how the lakers lost out to the bulls in the bynum situation.

Lakers management have to realize aint nobody trying to help you

Welp. Looks like the Clippers may try to get Lebron in the offseason.

Mind blown.

Last edited:
first Sasha and now Lebron. I honestly think they are going to end up moving to the Forum

Signing Lebron and Melo (in theory)
Signing a couple of moderate-money players and still keeping a max slot open next year

moderate money players like who tho? aint much out there

Last edited:
In this scenario:

Say Lakers signed Kobe at $15mil, Nash retires, we get #1 pick, sign Lebron.

That's $40mil and some change. If we were to sign Kyle Lowry at $8mil a year. We still wouldn't have enough space for Love (who is a lesser max).

If Lebron chooses the clips, I'm convinced there is no such thing as "Laker Allure"

The allure is still there. That would be more like i wanna play with my other buddy Chris Paul and continue forming my legacy on a team thats never won.

If Lebron chooses the clips, I'm convinced there is no such thing as "Laker Allure"

The allure is still there. That would be more like i wanna play with my other buddy Chris Paul and continue forming my legacy on a team thats never won.
i guess.

but i also think  this whole "Laker allure" thing is overblown.

at the end of the days these dudes get paid.

Nick young and Jordan farmar saying they want to be lakers does nothing for me.

I hope we get k love and russy 
frown.gif

Bro, I've been convinced.

Those days are gone.

That whole Chris Paul thing was the nail in that coffin.

Ain't nobody coming to us just because we're us.

And if Bron goes to the Clips... Jesus H. Christ.

Where is this talk about the Clippers getting LeBron coming from?

Everyone here was so sure he'd stay with the Heat but now he'll leave for the Clippers?

So if/when Lebron opts out.

Pretty much ask him what does he want.

Whatever he says, we give it to him.

Fire D'Antoni, hire Phil.. You do it, and give Phil $20mil a year if that gets it done.

He wants Kobe's helicopter? Sorry Kobe, the 405 still works.

So if/when Lebron opts out.

Pretty much ask him what does he want.

Whatever he says, we give it to him.

Fire D'Antoni, hire Phil.. You do it, and give Phil $20mil a year if that gets it done.

He wants Kobe's helicopter? Sorry Kobe, the 405 still works.
guess what.

we still have jim buss running things.

Back
Top Bottom