[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
You guys are so wrapped up with the idea of tanking that you miss that HEALTHY this is a playoff team.

Now we may certainly have a lot of injuries again. But we also may not.

Nash, Kobe & Pau even at this stage of their career is nothing to sneeze at. It is still a high quality offense.

You add in a bunch of young and hungry TALENT. That HAVE to prove their belonging in the league.

Nothing delusional about calling this team healthy (so Kobe coming back Thanksgiving) a playoff team.
thats what im saying, but whats the point in being a playoff team if we cant contend for a championship?

33.5??? They have to be assuming kobe misses the first month. If he is available and effective..o/u has to be or should be 42.5.

P are the Sixers really that bad?
I knew they were gonna stink but 16.5 from Vegas for over/under? damn. :x

Last edited:
I actually had the Suns finishing lower because they're in the west, but then I reviewed the Sixers roster again. I mean, Spencer Hawes might be their best shooter from their projected rotation. :x :lol: I like Thad Young, but you're heading for 65+ losses if he's your best player.

Last edited:
It's always the most obnoxious that get immediate results.
wink.gif
Do the delusional ones get the maddest?
That's usually the most emotional, those 'catchers of feels', so to speak.

As much as I enjoy these Breaking Bad references, it makes me miss the show much more. :frown:

As much as I enjoy these Breaking Bad references, it makes me miss the show much more.
frown.gif
Nah.

Breaking Bad just created a blueprint on how to close a story out. I'm still a huge LOST fan, but that last season... heck, even going back to like midway through S5... was like "Man, what?!"

But BB? Every episode of S4 was like "Woooooooorrrrrddddd?!"

And EVERY episode of S5 was like "YOOOOOO!!!!! It's about to get REAL!"

And real it got.

Applaud them for finishing off strong, unlike LOST. To put it in sports perspective, I remember applauding the 96 Bulls. You go 72-10, and don't win a championship? Meh. But going 72-10 and winning it all? NOW every can call that one of the greatest seasons ever. But no championship, and you're not in that discussion.

And bringing it back to the Lakers, I remember feeling the same way in 01 when we started plowing through the playoffs undefeated.

- First round: sweep... which a ton of teams have done.

- Second round: sweep. Quite a few teams have swept the first 2 rounds, but it's still a nice accomplishment, no doubt.

- Third round: sweep. Alright, now we could... COULD... do something special. Undefeated all the way through?

- Let's see what PHI has for us. The beat us in GM1. And NOW... just a couple days before I was thinking "MAYBE AN UNDEFEATED PLAYOFF RUN?!", but NOW I'm thinking "Man I hope they don't win 3 more. :frown: "

But no, we won it all, and with only 1 loss. So when people talk about the greatest postseason runs ever, 2001 is in there; we finished it.

When people talk about the greatest overall seasons ever, the 96 Bulls are in there; they finished strong.

When people talk about the greatest TV shows ever, Breaking Bad is definitely in there; they finished strong. Of course I'm probably being a prisoner of the moment here, but I feel like it's the greatest tv story ever. We'll see how I feel 10 years from now, if that staying power is still there, but yeah, they finished as strong and captivating as they started, and I'm glad I went through it real time.

(I really just typed all that, didn't I? 
mean.gif
)

Last edited:
I'm Saul in here? Alright.

Everyone voting that the Lakers will make the playoffs gonna be sittin there like this

laugh.gif
Whoa, whoa, whoa... I didn't know you were talking about yourself when you asked about the loudest ones w/o feelings.

I can't have one of our most known representatives be a strip mall scumbag lawyer.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Strip mall, scumbag lawyer.....I mean, I could look the part. :lol:

And it was 01 playoffs.

Leemelone, I don't even know who you are or where you came from, Find me some Drexler/MJ similarities. Run along now lad.

you still don't get it, there are no drexler/mj similarities. that is obvious to anyone yet the thirst within you causes you to jump at any chance to prove someone wrong so you can feel good about yourself. good day to you :smile:

you still don't get it, there are no drexler/mj similarities. that is obvious to anyone yet the thirst within you causes you to jump at any chance to prove someone wrong so you can feel good about yourself. good day to you :smile:

not to turn this into a jordan thread but his style of play was a lot like clyde drexler's. emphasis on LOT. clyde's jersey # was 22 by the way.....

Feel good about myself? Dude, I don't feel anything except sorry for you, you don't even know what the **** you said yesterday. You aren't trolling, you're just not smart.

Here, I'll type like you bruh, so we can be friends.

We will NOT make the playoffs

*20 hours later*

Hey guys, what seed do y'all think we'll get, the 5 seed or maybe even homecourt?

Back
Top Bottom