[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
nerd.gif

and you're still going, this is comedy
laugh.gif
= "I have nothing intelligent to add."

I mean, people debate all the time. When you literally say two completely opposing statements and someone points that out, that's a poor example of them 'still going on.'

imho

You guys are so wrapped up with the idea of tanking that you miss that HEALTHY this is a playoff team.

Now we may certainly have a lot of injuries again. But we also may not.

Nash, Kobe & Pau even at this stage of their career is nothing to sneeze at. It is still a high quality offense.

You add in a bunch of young and hungry TALENT. That HAVE to prove their belonging in the league.

Nothing delusional about calling this team healthy (so Kobe coming back Thanksgiving) a playoff team.
All of this.  The change in the chemistry is what I'm anticipating. 

Mike D’Antoni believes Nick Young needs to pay more attention to detail

Lakers forward Nick Young rarely finds shots he doesn’t like, making his introduction to Mike D’Antoni’s high-scoring offense a perfect fit. Perhaps a little too much.

“He’s been on me when I was passing so much,” said Young, who’s averaged 11.3 points and one assist in his six seasons. “I didn’t have that in a while. I’m excited.”

Is that true?

“Yeah, that’s the case,” D’Antoni said, rolling his eyes. “That won’t happen a whole lot.”

The Lakers signed Young this offseason partly because he could provide secondary scoring. But as Young competes for minutes at shooting guard during Bryant’s absence and a starting spot at small forward, another variable might come into play.

“It’s all concentration and taking care of details and make sure he’s not taking plays off,” D’Antoni said of Young. “Sometimes when you come into the league, you don’t play on championship teams or playoff teams, you get in bad habits. I tell Nick to concentrate on what he’s doing. There’s no reason he can’t defend.”

Why does Young do that?

“All this running,” Young said, smiling. “I got a little tired and he called me out on it every time. It’s in the back of my head right now.”
Link

:rofl:

averaged 11.3 points and one assist in his six seasons.

ONE assist, you guys.

One.

ONEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAHAHHHAHHASHDJIUSALGFHJDSLGUDSIEYFNUDSOIFRIAFRDMGSAUIFGNSDILJFGSDA

nick young one assist....now I see why tony kornheiser goes in on him on his radio show and on pti, thats crazy.

^^small sample size.....j/k...

Real talk...I really firmly believe hes gonna fit in..hes gonna do for us like what jcross did for the clips last yr. I really actually belive that.

If he would take basketball serious nick young could have a jr type breakout season, theyre basically the same player he just needs to be treated like how woodson does jr, someone to constantly motivate him

Farmar impressing so far in camp...im dead srs, hes gonna be a major upgrade over blake. 44 percent triples with jersey in 11-12 and under dantoni system and learning from nash. I love he and swaggyp and kaman/williams/r.kelly off the bench.

Been working out at the facility, but nothing imminent, no linkage to anyone except maybe a camp invite from the clips. He didnt look like himself in orl..and this was yrs ago...so....

Been working out at the facility, but nothing imminent, no linkage to anyone except maybe a camp invite from the clips. He didnt look like himself in orl..and this was yrs ago...so....
he's probably just happy that he gets to drop 60 on nash every day

Oh yeah!!!!!
Just got tickets to see the lakers when they come in January! Can't wait!

The Vegas line of Pelicans with 40 wins compared to the Lakers with 33.5... :smh:

Using those because they're both Western Conference teams... the Blazers are in the middle at 38.5, but I think that's about where they'll be.

Definitely would take those bets (under on Pelicans; over on Lakers). Lakers are definitely a playoff team if healthy... and under 33 wins can only happen if Kobe doesn't play 50 games (IMO).

Kareem went on First Take earlier and basically went in on Dwight. The gist: He said he doesn't have the basketball IQ to be as good as he could be, when mixed with his talent. He does speak well though :lol: and when he was prepping Gasol and Bynum for the Finals, he told them guarding him would be an "easy job."

Kareem is probably defending himself first and foremost - Dwight recently said Olajuwon would be better for his game or some **** - but he's also defending the Lakers in the process. Love ya Cap.

@LakersReporter: @kobebryant went out of the country to have a medical procedure not related to his Achilles. He will be back early next week

I wonder what it is...

It is a predetermined procedure, FWIW.

timing makes sense....4 weeks before opening night. Fresh procedure, freshly operated on/tightened achilles...fresh mamba. This is all planned for a quick recovery. Folks, hes crazy...and hell bent to return and play at an elite level. Asap.

Back
Top Bottom