[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Nice.
laugh.gif

smokin.gif
 You make that?

You're about to say we should have amnestied Kobe and his 30 million is my guess.

And once we use it once, it can not be done again. We used ours, on Artest, it's now gone forever. (or until next CBA)

Also, it only counted towards guys signed BEFORE the last lockout. So we can't use it on say, Kevin Love in 2017 or something. Don't work like that.

Had to be players on your team when lockout came. For us, Pau, Ron, Kobe, Blake, and that's it.
I was not about to say amnesty Kobe.
Amnesty Kobe + stretch Steve 
embarassed.gif
And this 'You can only use it once every forever or until the next CBA' is type: ridiculous.

But I guess it makes sense.

Otherwise teams would be paying the hell out of stars and then amnestying the hell out of everyone who doesn't pan out. Have a bunch of dudes getting paid from all kinds of different teams even though they're terrible, or just overpaid, or in Joe Johnson's case, both.

Last edited:
Not as much need now. CBA cut deals down to 4-5 year maxes rather than the old 6-7 year deals that could ruin your decade.

Mitch's notes :

- Great Athlete
- Long wingspan
- Quick First Step
- Good shooting form
- Not from DUKE

Perimeter defense
Gaining a dog
Willing passer
Well taught
Not from DUKE

Did anybody ever watch Fringe?

Mitch reminds me of those Observers that would ominously pop up in the background of every episode

Observers-fringe-observers-10700509-624-352.jpg

Last edited:
Eric Pincus brought up something interesting if Lakers are in a win now next year, if Boozer is amnestied it would be a good bid.

If it's one year, it'd be smart if they want to try. *CP does not endorse this post*

If we land Wiggins and sign Boozer, I'd call that a wash. :lol:

Boozer and Pau, and Kobe and whatever pick only ensures we don't win the title, and hand over our draft pick to the Suns. #Pointless

Hearing about the reasons Nash is still trying to "play" makes me want to throw up

I get it, get ya money. Can't blame him. But he would have still got his money if he medically retired this year. Sickening. :smh:

a team of shaq, kidd, and marion under phil would not have gotten it done.

they might have gotten one title but thats stretching it

remember kidd was not a good shooter at that time so him in the triangle would not be a good thing or as our second option

the only guy i would say who could replace kobe and we still get the 3 peat is paul pierce

not tmac. not ai. not kidd.

Back
Top Bottom