[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
you guys need to trim the fat and get to the point
mean.gif
I've got this group of friends in person that were with me once playing ball like 3 years ago when this dude was told what he needs to do, and he was like "Only thing I need to do is stay black and die, fool."

So I say this all the time to them when they tell me I need to do something.
Just kidding. I have no friends. 
ohwell.gif
No but for real, that really happened.
So I'm saying, only thing I need to do is stay black and die, fool.
But I'm not black. Other than that, though...

Last edited:
@ArashMarkazi: Steve Nash: "It's just a reality. I'm not going to retire because I want the money. It's honest."

@ArashMarkazi: Nash: “You’re going to have people say he’s so greedy he’s got to take this last little bit…Yes, I do. I have to take this last little bit.”

@ArashMarkazi: Nash: "I’m sorry if that’s frustrating to some but if they were in my shoes they would do the exact same thing."

@ArashMarkazi: Steve Nash is probably the most honest athlete I know but I think he may have been a bit too honest about not retiring.

@ArashMarkazi: Steve Nash wants to play, leave on his terms and make $10 million before he retires. I can’t fault him for any of that.

jaisjdbepahslalahwjwhdz

UGH. :stoneface:

I know it's the truth but like Markazi said why did he really have to say it?

It's just so annoying to hear as a fan.

As a man I can't fault him, just like I can't fault Kobe for taking his money. I know it's a business.

But UGH. As a fan it's Soooo frustrating :smh:

Last edited:
I hope Steve enjoys riding the pine for the next three years after we use that stretch provision.

Not how it works man.

Stretch provision means he no longer has a job, ala Amnesty, but we stretch the cap hit out over 3 years instead of just the 1.

He wouldn't actually be on the team until he's 43 bruh. :lol:

I hate to ask this, but wth is amnesty and stretch provision?

Yes, I know I could google it.

I appreciate layman's definitions more than legalese.

(read: I are stupid)

Get out of jail free cards.

You know how the money is GUARANTEED in the NBA? Sign for 50 mill, you get EVERY penny. Even if you are cut.
In the NFL, not like that, sign for 50 mil, get like 8 million and they cut you. :lol:

After the CBA, the league gave 1 pass per team, amnesty. You can void the deal, cut the player, but you still have to pay the actual money, but it will come off your salary cap. So Portland still paid Brandon Roy 82 million dollars, but that 82 did not affect their cap space.

Stretch is a lesser one of those. Instead of cut the player and pay it all for it's length, you "stretch" it over years, but it DOES stay on your cap, unlike the amnesty.

We owe Steve 1 year, 9.7 mill. Instead of paying that one year, we could reduce it to 3.2 next year, 3.2 the year after, 3.3 the year after that, even tho he'd be at home, chillin.

Hardwood Paroxysm ‏@HPbasketball 3m
You cannot go wrong in the first five picks. You just can't.

Only way we can is if we have to take a PF, knowing a certain PF would be coming here a year later. :\

We need Wiggins. Damn it, we need that ******* #1 pick. He's starting to pull away and move past Jabari and Embiid.

So w/ an amnesty, that player still gets your money, but it doesn't count on your cap. and he's cut? So... he could be picked up by another team, no?

And on a stretch, you owe a guy a certain amount for the next year, and you stretch what you owe him for a length longer than his contract? So you're paying him after he's fulfilled his time?

I know it seems like I'm repeating what you just said.

Just making sure I'm understanding correctly before I say what I'm about to say.
laugh.gif

Yes.

We amnestied Artest, and the Knicks signed him.

Portland amnestied Roy, and the Wolves signed him. (didn't last long :lol: )

Amnesty: you can waive a player who has been under contract since before the new CBA and the contract of the waived player wouldn't count towards the cap, see Ron Artest. Also, I believe you can only use this once.

Stretch provision: waive a player, but the contract is still help against the team salary (like a normal waived player would) but you can "extend" the payments over more years. Which is twice the number of years remaining on his contract, plus one.  

So for Nash, if you were to waive him in the off season (July 1st to August 31st to be exact), since he would be in the last season of his deal you could stretch the remaining *$9.7 mil or whatever over 3 years (1 year remaining x 2, plus 1). I am an idiot.

Last edited:
You're about to say we should have amnestied Kobe and his 30 million is my guess.

And once we use it once, it can not be done again. We used ours, on Artest, it's now gone forever. (or until next CBA)

Also, it only counted towards guys signed BEFORE the last lockout. So we can't use it on say, Kevin Love in 2017 or something. Don't work like that.

Had to be players on your team when lockout came. For us, Pau, Ron, Kobe, Blake, and that's it.

Back
Top Bottom