[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Hey rck since you practically live in here u getting those isaiah thomas kamakazi pe this week?

I cant front. Both colorways are dope

I love when people point out Kidd's shooting woes and say it wouldn't have worked w/ Phil... like BJ Armstrong and Derek Fisher don't have a COLLECTION of rings.

Tell me that they're great shooters. Please. :lol: BJ Armstrong, right there w/ Reggie Miller, right? And DFish, a virtual Ray Allen, no?

:lol:

Rondo is one of the worse shooters I've ever seen. 2 Finals, 1 championship.

You gameplan around the talent you have. Yes, I tend to think Phil could have gameplanned an elite team around Shaq & Kidd, w/ Horry/Fox in the cut, or Gasol & Kidd w/ Bynum & Odom & Farmar doing work.

Lakers have the 2nd best bench in the league (ppg). this intrigues me

Also mda is wearing a 99 cent store tie. I have the exact same one :lol:

Last edited:
Hey rck since you practically live in here u getting those isaiah thomas kamakazi pe this week?

I cant front. Both colorways are dope
Naw man, I wish.

Since going to Europe over the summer and spending pretty much the last of my college money on that trip, I've been scraping 
mean.gif

Plus the new grad rn residency offer I got at UCD is whack as hell and I basically won't be getting my first paycheck till September 
tired.gif

Only shoes I've purchased in the last year, are some dress shoes and running shoes for the gym.

L's all over the place for me.

Xavier has had his layup blocked three times simply b/c he can't do a right hand layup :lol:

Kent might be making that boy X expendable :smokin

Xavier has had his layup blocked three times simply b/c he can't do a right hand layup :lol:

Kent might be making that boy X expendable :smokin

this.

I def think they don't bring back X.

I think they bring back:

Farmar
Marshall
Bazemore
Meeks
Johnson

Young, brooks, X, Kaman are gone.

Reading what someone posted earlier about Nash's comments and knowing that he had to play at least 10 games this year for his contract to be guaranteed, and the fact that he played exactly 10 games. Just seems like there are several ways that you can look at it, good points and bad points I guess.

IDK what Kaman is or isn't doing behind closed doors, but if the guy is healthy and showing up to practice, workouts, team events/shootarounds like he is suppose to there's no reason he shouldn't be getting any run. If he's taking care of his responsibilities as a Laker, MDA is maaaaadddd disrespectful for benching dude in all these games especially the blowouts. Really the only time homie has played is when Pau wasn't able to go

Meeks is probably gone too.

Between Nick Young & Jodie Meeks, it will be who commands the least amount of money. Likely Nick Young. Meeks should demand a multi-year deal at about $4mil a year. He's definitely worth it.

Farmar, Marshall
Bazemore
Johnson, Young
Kelly
Sacre

My guess of that whole group is about $11mil.

Add Kobe & Nash's $9.7 & $23.5 that puts you at $42,363,211

Possibly kick that up to $44mil (I think if they want Farmar & Wes back only on 1 year deals, it will cost them more to keep), Anyway, if you go by the $42.363mil.

Assume we have the 4th pick. That's $3.214. At the 4 slot, you pick either Smart or Exum. Exum is my preference, but Smart will be a defensive anchor for many years. If he can develop his shot, he'll be a great player. Exum just has more upside.

Nash, Farmar, Marshall
Kobe, Exum, Bazemore
Johnson, Young
Kelly
Sacre

That puts you at $45.5577mil.

We could pay $5mil to Jordan Hill for a year. Then just sit on our cap space, and wait for the amnesty period, and offer a 1 year contract to Boozer.

Nash, Farmar, Marshall
Kobe, Exum, Bazemore
Johnson,Young
Boozer, Kelly
Hill, Sacre

We'd still have about $5mil in cap space. Then we'll have a $2.7mil exception from the Blake trade. And the mini-mle

Could go after Elton Brand, Kenyon Martin, Keep Kaman, maybe Okafor

Not a team that will kill it, but an OK team. Gives young guys ample time to play. Doesn't hurt flexibility. Even then, we would have enough to at least make an offer at Eric Bledsoe (Suns will match, but can certainly make an offer. Yes, I know it would mean that the entire Guard situation would have to be completely different, and Steve Nash would be Stretch provisioned)

Last edited:
131... Giving up 90+ FG attempts again I would assume WOWZERS

Clippers had about 88 Fg attempts in a win tonight against Golden State who had 82... Just some perspective of how the tempo that we play at, with the talent/skillsets that we have on the roster often works against us

Last edited:
Reading what someone posted earlier about Nash's comments and knowing that he had to play at least 10 games this year for his contract to be guaranteed, and the fact that he played exactly 10 games. Just seems like there are several ways that you can look at it, good points and bad points I guess.

I was giving him the benefit of the doubt. But his comments/Grantland piece confirmed that I shouldn't have :lol: :smh:

with the talent we have everything works against us

naw not necessarily, cause when we make shots we look great running up and down the floor...

Just certain games, especially the ones when the shots are off, u have to dial it back and play in the halfcourt more. Get good shots through motion and ball movement rather than tryna out run/shoot the opposing team

Pau's lack of caring on defense doesn't even give him the right to step on the floor, let alone take 17 shots.

^^^ that too :rofl:

Pau gets down on his game when he faces tough (athletic) front lines tho... always have. The only difference is that Kobe isn't there to get in his grill/force the ball to him in the post.

naw not necessarily, cause when we make shots we look great running up and down the floor...

Just certain games, especially the ones when the shots are off, u have to dial it back and play in the halfcourt more. Get good shots through motion and ball movement rather than tryna out run/shoot the opposing team

Sounds so simple right ...
But for some reason MDA doesn't seem to understand this. He just wants go 100 mph all the time, even when it's clearly working against us.

Just like last year ...you had an old Kobe (even tho Kobe was in BEASTMODE last year), an heavy-footed Pau, and a D12 with his back out. He still INSISTED on constantly pushing the pace.

It wasn't until the players took over the team until they started winning cuz they played a more half court game at times lol

Can't say I'm not happy MDA is coaching his style tho :smile:. Keep the L's comin.

Back
Top Bottom