[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters

Any of you got Laker Nation on FB?

Y'all see what Phil said about Gasol?

Said Gasol is "worth every penny of $60 million."

Dude wasted NO TIME playing the game. 
embarassed.gif

I'm telling y'all, dude's gonna be alright in NYK, for real. And that coulda been us.

You bout to hear me say that alot the next 10 years; "That coulda been us."
it was actually pau that said phil is "worth every penny of 60 mil"

Pau should go to NY. There isn't anything left for him here other than his bromance with Kobe. He could play a few more meaningful years in NY, and it would help him shake the ***** rep he's gotten over the last few years (maybe rightfully so).
I don't want Pau to end his career on a bad note. He would if he stays here
I'm telling y'all, dude's gonna be alright in NYK, for real. And that coulda been us.

hi-res-6916468_crop_exact.jpg

Last edited:
lol at adding a 60 million dollar contract to their cap next season.

Phil knows what he's doing tho, he knows what buttons to push. Is it too late for
Us to go after him?
frown.gif
I ain't even talking about him necessarily picking him up for $60 mil; Phil knows DAMN WELL he ain't offering Gasol no $60 cotdamn mil.

But if he can throw it out there that the MARKET might be in the $60 mil range, and we come at Pau like "Ummm, so how's $8mil sound?", and Gasol's like "Well, I was thinking more in the $55-60 mil range," and these dummies overpay, like they JUST DID w/ that other guy.

It's a game; Phil's playing it already. 
ohwell.gif

Wait... ... ...

Dude wasted NO TIME playing the game. 
embarassed.gif

... ... ... what?

Welp.

Nevermind then, folks.

Move along.

Nothing to see here.

embarassed.gif

Dude wasted NO TIME playing the game. :wow:

"I think the Knicks are fortunate to have him," the Los Angeles Lakers big man said after practice Tuesday. "I know they gave him a big contract and a big investment, but I think he's worth every cent of it."

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...-york-knicks-investment-phil-jackson-worth-it

Regardless if ska got the quote wrong, I think it's still a real possibility Phil goes after him.

Not for $60 mil, but still.

Last edited:
He can have him.

Pau's days are done. We got the best of them. Managed to get 2 championships before the sex change.

I'm definitely down with letting Phil have him.

I was pointing out b/c a few weeks ago people in here were wondering where else would Pau go? He can stay, he can be had for cheap, etc.

From his POV he already has plenty of reasons to leave. Phil being on the other side, just one more reason.

Last edited:
I have a question.

(some of you may want to leave right now)

So......Kobe is demanding we keep pushing THIS summer. And Mitch has made no secret he cares very little about the draft, and as suggested yesterday, maybe he flips the pick and goes for Love, or Rondo, etc.

K.

But uh, doesn't that mean we're spending cash this year?

Does that not then mean, repeater tax?

Ya know, the thing we failed to get out from under from, with this crappy, going nowhere roster, but we paid the luxury tax anyway cuz, "basketball moves"

Anyone else noticing this or seeing it coming?

Because I want it to be clear, if we go thru this season, only to give 48 mil to a broken star, fail to get under the tax, to then turn around and sell off the only pick we've had in almost a decade, so we can get even further in debt with the tax and sign 1-2 vets that STILL won't get us a championship........

Y'all still gonna keep on backin Mitch with that bull ****?

I pray I'm wrong, Lord almight, please let me be wrong about this, but if those are the things that take place in a 7-8 month span, we're ******* done.

Please Mitch, be smart this summer. Please. I beg you.

Fixed.

Just watch.

Don't come at me laughing these next couple years, though... and I won't say "I told you so" 10 years from now.:\

Dude is a basketball junkie, and (more importantly), is an NBA poster boy.

I wont laugh or even probably remember that I said that the Bobcats will win the championship before the Knicks ever matter again.

Would have to sign & trade Pau to get him to Knicks

There are a couple of players I do like on that team.

As for the pick:
If we were a boarder line playoff team, I'd trade the pick. But that's not the case. Only way I'd trade the pick is if we are after 6 and to trade back if it gets us a second first round pick. Think our pick to Denver for their pick and the Knicks pick.

Other than that any pick trade is unacceptable.

Last edited:
Would have to sign & trade Pau to get him to Knicks

There are a couple of players I do like on that team.
NBA officials already got eyes "parameters" on jeanie and phil...i think this would cause heads to roll. 

bargnani was made for this offense

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom