[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
knicks didnt even try, this is like an all star game for the Lakers...and marshon brooks is freakin awful.

weren't the knicks trying to go to the playoffs like just 2 days ago?? Didnt i read on the ny title thread '1 more win and we make history' or some ****? game is pitiful.

Hopefully we used all our energy tonight.. So we can lose to the Bucks :lol: Then would even out because we should have gone 2-1 versus Magic, Knicks & Bucks anyway.

2011-12 Pelicans finished the season 8-6. Went from 2nd to 4th worst record in that time... Got the first pick.. Should deserve the same treatment... In terms of teams "tanking" and still giving effort Magic & us deserve 1st & 2nd picks

Last edited:
Last 12 games: 5 against teams with nothing to play for : Bucks, @Minnesota (B2B), @Kings (B2B), @Jazz (B2B), Spurs (last game, Pop will sit them all)

vs. Suns (playing to get back into the playoffs, Currently 9th seed)
vs. Blazers (sliding, could miss playoffs after starting great this season. 10 games ago were the 3rd seed. Now 2-1/2 away from missing the playoffs)
vs. Mavs (currently 8th, holding on by 1/2 game)

@Clippers (2 back of OKC. Need homecourt over them in a 2nd round matchup if they want a chance)
vs. Rockets (currently 4th, 1-1/2 back of Clippers, getting in the 3rd seed puts them up against Thunder 2nd round instead of the Spurs who will carve up the Rockets)
vs. Warriors (currently 6th, 2 games ahead of 9th)
vs. Memphis (only 1/2 game ahead of 9th)

Last edited:
Lakers need to go 2 - 10 for me to be correct on my prediction. If i win i want my name in the title as the first winner of the annual prediction contest :lol:

We are most definately winning against the bucks. Maybe the jazz too

Kings and wolves will play for pride.

The spurs second squad could probably blow us out :lol:

If this is what the Lakers are going to do without Pau (win games) then they need to re-sign him for next year. Gahdammie.

kobe-shake.gif

[quote name="grandtheftbike"][quote name="DarthSka"]That's my squad coach. :smokin[/quote]Heheh[/quote]I mean... *shrugs*

Hey, licensed to ball licensed to ball , I ain't saying I'm all pro-MDA, but... I mean... we put up 51 in one quarter, w/ exactly WHO on our roster?! :lol: 'S gotta be the coach, bruh.

[quote name="grandtheftbike"][quote name="DarthSka"]That's my squad coach. :smokin
Heheh[/quote]I mean... *shrugs*

Hey, licensed to ball licensed to ball , I ain't saying I'm all pro-MDA, but... I mean... we put up 51 in one quarter, w/ exactly WHO on our roster?! :lol: 'S gotta be the coach, bruh.[/quote]

Seaman said we don't ever point out the good.

Well, that was a nicely played and coached game. Against one of the most pathetic teams in the world so nothing to throw a parade over, but I'm not stubborn. Regardless of the opponent that was a very nice performance.

Happy seaman? :lol:
Ska and I ain't close minded.

Now I'd like to see CP come in just once and admit MDA had an awful night coaching. Or at the very least admit he has flaws.

But that'll never happen.
He's perfect, any loss is on the players or management for not signing Rondo and Gortat, any win is on the coach :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
Only thing is, CP has never once, ever, said that MDA was perfect, so what the **** is the point of admitting flaws?

And coach didn't coach a good game last night, gimme a break. You don't "coach" during a 30 point drubbing. The ball went thru the hole over and over no matter who was shooting, that ain't coaching, that's staying out of the way.

Besides, I remember all the guys in here when we lost to the Clippers saying this team quit on the coach. Clearly you could tell last night these players don't like playing for their coach. :rolleyes

Who knows maybe they don't like playing for MDA the coach, as a person. Who knows, maybe they like the freedom they get to jack up as many shots as possible and probably like the opportunity they can showcase what they can do as everyone is auditioning for another team as all of the stars for us are injured.

Kaman won't even speak to MDA, but he gets to go out and be the black hole he is. Playing well or decent in a system and actually liking the coach you're playing for aren't mutually exclusive, just look at the Knicks.

Last edited:
So the night we choose to give him a little props for having his team murder Knicks by 30 is the night he DIDNT coach well. It was just shots falling in.

Rightttttt.

You are something else CP I swear.

I've now come to the conclusion you just love to argue.

We give your coach and the players some props for a well played game and you want to downplay it?

Do you always have to play the antagonist? :lol:

Jesus. No winning with you my dude :smh:

Last edited:
Whether people like him or not we all know he won't be here much longer so there really isn't a point in arguing about him anymore anyways.

Not about arguing, it's about bigger picture.

You guys live second by second, I swear.

Wiggins is out in round 2, he's a bust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Article comes out, paints bigger picture, oh, ok, so he can still be good?

Lakers get beat by one of the best teams in the NBA, WE NO DEFENSE, PLAYERS QUIT ON MIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come out 2 days later and beat Portland and OKC. Oh, maybe they just had a bad game against a great Clipper team.

WE LOST TO THE BOBCATS, HOW WILL WE WIN A TITLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lakers win the title 3 months later.

We're a HC top 4 seed, we should tank, we're going to the playoffs, we suck-we should tank, PLAYOFFS, oh man, we should tank.

:smh:

I watch this thread do this, EVERY, SINGLE, YEAR.

I don't go like that.

I stay in my lane, until I have enough evidence to switch lanes. (Mitch resume as an example)

I backed Mitch for years, then, when I had 3-4-5-6 things checked off against Mitch, I switched over and started looking harder at him and his work.

Mike isn't a bad coach cuz we lose a game, just as he isn't a good coach cuz we win a game. That's very easily one of the dumbest things someone could ever utter.

We would lose PLAYOFF games by 25+ and people be freaking out. 48 hours later we win a close game, and everyone makin plans for the parade. :smh:

That ain't me man. Never has been, never will be. I know what I'm doing, and I look ahead, as well as back all the time to make sure what I'm lookin at is straight. If I went up and down daily like you all, I'd drive myself crazy.

I don't waver. Even when I switched lanes on Mitch, I spent how many months waiting, patiently, for him to make the moves we all could see needed to be made? I said FOR MONTHS, trade Pau, trade Kaman, trade Hill, etc etc. I waited all the way til the deadline before I finally said "alright, he isn't getting it, he's being stubborn, etc" I didn't just wake up one day and say Mitch sucks, I waited for months to see how he would react to the Lakers situation. When I had my answer (the trade deadline) that's when I hit my blinker.

You guys do this **** with your hazards on, weaving in and out of random lanes like a drunk driver on a 36 hour bender.

But nobody once said he was a good coach cuz of last night... they just gave him props on a good night. There's a difference

Although I have to agree with you CP, last night had nothing to do with coaching.... The rim was the Pacific Ocean to them boys last night

When I saw Kaman make that ugly old man reverse lay up and 1 bucket I knew what it was. That had nothing to do with coaching. Just his system against a team that is down b the dumps like us

Who the **** is wavering though?

Do you not realize we had a bunch of dudes crying about how Ska and I always point out the bad games and bad moments but never point out the good?

Do you not realize the only reason were even giving any props is to show that we do recognize there are positive moments too and that we're fair minded?

You think because Ska and I said "hmm,
Not bad... 51 points in a quarter, that was a pretty damn impressive speech they probably got at halftime"... That means now Ska and I are "TEAM MDA!!!"

No.

We ain't wavering because we beat the NEW YORK KNICKS.

We don't wanna give MDA a 10 year extension because they caught fire and
Beat the KNICKS.

Where are we wavering?
Jesus dude.

The generalizations are just insane.
We say one nice thing about your boy and now we're flip flopping our thoughts on him as a coach.

It was one damn compliment...
Impressive quarter.

No one said he's a hall of fame coach because of it :rofl:

Sheesh man.

First you guys say "STOP ONLY POINTING OUT THE NEGATIVES. BE FAIR."

Then we do, we point out one little positive.

Then you say "STOP WAVERING, HE DIDNT COACH WELL AT ALL YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOURE TALKING ABOUT. STOP DRIVING DRUNK. STOP WAVERING".

"You want it to be one way.
But it's the other way."
-Marlo Stanfield.

Last edited:
But nobody once said he was a good coach cuz of last night... they just gave him props on a good night.

Exactly.

No one thinks he's Phil Jackson now because of one win. We know the boys caught fire.

It was just one damn compliment sheesh.
You really think we like him as a head coach now because of last night?

Wild *** assumptions :lol:

Now I'd like to see CP come in just once and admit MDA had an awful night coaching

:lol:

So the night we choose to give him a little props for having his team murder Knicks by 30 is the night he DIDNT coach well. It was just shots falling in.

Rightttttt.

So last night was coaching then, per your words here?

Do you not realize we had a bunch of dudes crying about how Ska and I always point out the bad games and bad moments but never point out the good?

Do you realize why that started? Because you bumped a 2 month old Kevin Love quote over one bad game, so they countered.

No one said he's a hall of fame coach because of it

Nor did I.

"You want it to be one way.
But it's the other way."
-Marlo Stanfield.

Indeed.

Wrong again.

Is that the best response you had?

I never said you have stated he is flawless.
Go ahead and quote that since you seem to think I did. Where's it at since your in a quoting mood?

Where's that quote?
Thought so.

I said you fail to ADMIT his flaws.
You fail to ever admit the bad moments or bad nights.

I never said you have stated on the forum that he is a perfect head coach.

Another wild *** assumption.

Stop trying to read between lines and read the actual text that is written.

I know you have said "we can fire him but whose better out there?" 100 times. No one thinks that's far fetched. We all agree there's not a lot of amazing options out there.

But like Ska said, just because there's no better options available to you it doesn't mean what you possess is necessarily great.

This is clearly one of those situations where we are settling until something obviously better becomes available to us.

At least I can see and discuss both sides of the story without making wild *** generalizations and assumptions.

I dish out criticism, and I dish out compliments when earned.

I'm not the kind of person to always wanna be right. I gave mike brown a chance, and he made me look like I was on drugs. I was clearly very, very wrong. So trust me, I don't think my opinion is always fact. It's opinion.
And it's clearly not always right.
But I'm open to everything if people are willing to prove me wrong with objective points.

At least I can listen to other opinions and acknowledge fair points when they are made, even if I don't agree.

Hence a small compliment about a nice basketball performance. No wavering. No flip flopping. No change of heart over 3 hours. Just one, damn, compliment.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom