[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
It don't bother me at all if people still votin and such. Hell, I voted. :lol:

If it's just boring then by all means, but I take no offense or nothin, I thought it was funny.

#CPCares

No but for real, licensed to ball licensed to ball , we gotta change this poll.

And by 'we', I mean 'you'.

:D

Yeah i am.
im already feeling this cloud of guilt and its only been up for half a day... :lol:
I think its been up long enough.
Dont wanna go overboard even though CP can handle the jokes.

CP you're a good sport.
Thats why i mess with you. :pimp:

Since you were such a good sport about all of this, you pick the next poll.
Whatever you want.

Just keep it PG13 :tongue:

Let's go with rele*****.

Who should be coach next season?

MDA
Stan Van Gundy
Byron Scott
George Karl
Jerry Sloan
Kurt Rambis
Nate McMillan
Doug Collins
College coach
CP1708

:smokin

Sources: Kansas center Joel Embiid to enter NBA draft

Kansas star Joel Embiid – a possible No. 1 overall choice – has decided to enter the June NBA draft, sources told Yahoo Sports.

Embiid, a 20-year-old, 7-foot freshman, rapidly emerged as one of college basketball's major talents and moved into competition with Jayhawks teammate Andrew Wiggins and Duke's Jabari Parker to be the No. 1 pick in the 2014 draft.

A formal announcement on Embiid's decision is expected soon. In the past week, Embiid has progressed in settling on agent representation, but no final decision has been made, sources said.

Embiid's season ended prematurely with a stress fracture in his back, costing him the final two games of the regular season, the Big 12 tournament and Kansas' two games in the NCAA tournament. Until the injury, Kansas was considered a serious national championship contender.

There's a strong expectation Embiid will make a full recovery, but NBA teams will closely examine the long-term fitness of the injury.

Embiid has shown to be a dominating presence on offense and defense, offering NBA executives evidence he could transform into a rare franchise center. A native of Cameroon, he enrolled at a Florida prep school as a 16-year-old with limited experience as a basketball player.

Embiid averaged 11.2 points, 8.1 rebounds and 2.6 blocks in 23 minutes a game for Kansas this season.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--kansas-center-joel-embiid-to-enter-nba-draft-070907289.html

There you go CP.
Your poll idea is up.
Only because you were a good sport.

But i can already tell this is going to lead to 93 more pages of fighting over coaches, so im about to duck and cover. :lol: :smh:

Warm up those fingers and clean your keyboards people, CP is gathering all kinds of ammunition ready to fire off on anyone that votes for anything other than Pringles. :lol:

Last edited:
Or Rick Pitino, either one would be a poor choice.

He failed pretty miserably at the NBA level, I doubt he wants to try again. He'd be a name hire only.

Who knows though?

Hoodie wasn't always such a great coach. It wasn't until he got his chance in New England before he became the "genius" everyone sees him as. (Minus spygate :nerd: )

Not saying Petino would be great or that he's better than MDA. Not saying any of that.

I'm just saying, sometimes things just aren't the right fit and coaches can flourish with a 2nd chance somewhere else right? It happens often.

Last edited:
We haven't all been great with every job we've ever had in our lives. But does it mean we don't deserve another chance?

We all have to find the right fit for ourselves career wise.

Same goes for coaches.
Hence your argument that if D'Antoni had the right pieces he'd flourish.

Why can't we say the same for someone like Petino? I'm only using his name as an example. There's tons of coaches id pick before him.

I have something better for everyone in here because that poll is gonna go nowhere except to more fighting. Especially since coaching success in the nba is directly correlated with player talent.

Instead of trying to figure which coach is better...

What are the top 5 qualities of a coach that would make them potentially the "best" or "championship quality"?? That question would get right to the root of the issue with everyone

So what you guys think??

Top 5 things? My first 4 kind of tie into each other.

#1. Ability

#2. To

#3. Manage

#4. Players

#5. And know basketball

Someone's a pushover? Not gonna work. Too strict? Nope. Doesn't know how to command respect, but is strict? Well that's a certified *** hole; not gonna work. Doesn't command respect, and is a pushover? Leads to infighting. Too militant? OCD? Plays these childish games w/ the media, consistently putting players on blast in pressers? Leads to mistrust.

Doug Collins...his experience coaching Jordan would translate well for a young, developing team such as ours.

Top 5 things? My first 4 kind of tie into each other.

#1. Ability
#2. To
#3. Manage
#4. Players
#5. And know basketball

Someone's a pushover? Not gonna work. Too strict? Nope. Doesn't know how to command respect, but is strict? Well that's a certified *** hole; not gonna work. Doesn't command respect, and is a pushover? Leads to infighting. Too militant? OCD? Plays these childish games w/ the media, consistently putting players on blast in pressers? Leads to mistrust.

View media item 849121

I think mine are something like...

1. Ability to make adjustments (defensively & offensively)
2. Proper rotations
3. Development of young players
4. Accountability
5. Relatable

Back
Top Bottom