[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters

But you guys are so entertaining
embarassed.gif
Must be rough having such a boring team to watch.
mean.gif
No wonder he finds us entertaining, his standards are pretty low
That's actually been a thing I've been doing for a year or so now, set your standards low; and everything that follows will be fantastic 

basic principle of life I guess

I feel like spending a top six lottery pick on Gary Harris could be wasteful, but rewarding. He should be able to contribute right away while still having room to grow considerably which may or not may not be intriguing for Mitch and co. with Kobe fuming and Love looming.

Thing is, he seems like a lesser shooting Meeks, no?

And while I'm sure he could surpass Meeks, his ceiling isn't all that high, and at 6?

Gordon's ceiling could blow a roof off, or he could plateau and be just a decent rotational PF/SF hybrid, but that's more value at 6 than Harris would be.
Yeah, that's the issue I am having with Harris in the NBA. I've felt from day one he's going to be a contributing NBA starter, never an All-Star or anything like that.

Gordon can be an All-Star if he ever manages to develop a semi-respectable jump shot to go along with his package of size, athleticism and other basketball skills.

That's actually been a thing I've been doing for a year or so now, set your standards low; and everything that follows will be fantastic 

basic principle of life I guess
unless you are eating some papi john's pizza
........well in setting the bar low,

I enjoy taking a giant bite out of the pepperoncini that comes with each pizza and the little plastic thing in the middle of the pizza is nice I guess

I feel like spending a top six lottery pick on Gary Harris could be wasteful, but rewarding. He should be able to contribute right away while still having room to grow considerably which may or not may not be intriguing for Mitch and co. with Kobe fuming and Love looming.

And while I'm sure he could surpass Meeks, his ceiling isn't all that high, and at 6?

Gordon's ceiling could blow a roof off, or he could plateau and be just a decent rotational PF/SF hybrid, but that's more value at 6 than Harris would be.
Yeah, that's the issue I am having with Harris in the NBA. I've felt from day one he's going to be a contributing NBA starter, never an All-Star or anything like that.

Gordon can be an All-Star if he ever manages to develop a semi-respectable jump shot to go along with his package of size, athleticism and other basketball skills.

You think Harris can get somewhere in between Meeks and Wade in terms of 6-4 SG's? Lacking the shooting of Meeks, and the ballhandling of Wade, leaves him sort of hollow of each. :\

........well in setting the bar low,

I enjoy taking a giant bite out of the pepperoncini that comes with each pizza and the little plastic thing in the middle of the pizza is nice I guess
you must have a small mouth if you're taking a giant bite out of a pepperoncini :wow:

the plastic thing in the middle is called a pizza saver. i use it to split my pizza to keep the germaphobes happy but they are actually used to keep the middle of the pizza box from sinking in

they can also be used to hold an egg for Easter festivities

no thread derail, go lakers

Last edited:

You think Harris can get somewhere in between Meeks and Wade in terms of 6-4 SG's? Lacking the shooting of Meeks, and the ballhandling of Wade, leaves him sort of hollow of each. :\
Maybe he could be like a cross between Avery Bradley, O.J. Mayo and Courtney Lee.

A small-ish, athletic shooting guard that is a threat from three, can handle the ball in a pinch and play competent defense.

Last edited:

He had a lot of lefty finishes in that vid. :wow:

Little range on him, seems like he wants to have good footwork, he just doesn't have it yet, little unpolished, but his instincts for it is there. Little bit of handles for a big man, saw him drop a Sacre hook. :lol:

Little lesser Bosh, kind of a Drummond vibe to him, didn't look like an insane athlete tho.

Maybe he could be like a cross between Avery Bradley, O.J. Mayo and Courtney Lee.

A small-ish, athletic shooting guard that is a threat from three, can handle the ball in a pinch and play competent defense.

Yeeeeeesh. At 6? :lol:

If he was the pull, I would hope that meant trading down for him and bringing something else back. I don't think I could accept Mayo/Lee/Bradley at 6. Not when Wiggins, Jabari, Embiid, Randle, and Exum all go in front of that. :smh:

That's that Wade to Kaman drop off. :x :lol:

Yeeeeeesh. At 6? :lol:

If he was the pull, I would hope that meant trading down for him and bringing something else back. I don't think I could accept Mayo/Lee/Bradley at 6. Not when Wiggins, Jabari, Embiid, Randle, and Exum all go in front of that. :smh:

That's that Wade to Kaman drop off. :x :lol:
I'm just saying, if the Lakers want someone to contribute now Harris should be taken into consideration.

That does sound like a reach when I read it over again. :lol:

I hear ya.

Harris, Kelly, Sacre types, I smell a lot of safe, well rounded talents, capable of getting us the 14th-15th pick every year from now on. :lol:

I would hope......that they want more than that. But they haven't exactly followed a solid blueprint lately. So I guess we just wait and see what direction they lean.

And I wonder, maybe X makes Harris ignorable. X at 23, vs Harris at 20, outside Henry's injury history, I'd just stick with him as my 3rd guard, who can dabble at 1 thru 3 in this system, adds a little flexibility, as well as more size than Harris would. But they'd need to get Gary Payton in to work with X a little bit and get him goin.

Lil Payton defense, and some Kobe HGH should have Xavier feelin no pain as he approaches his prime. :pimp:

team kiss ***?

LOL

Just don't understand all the fighting over something we have ZERO control over. Until we know what pick we have in the draft all this talk is pointless.

We could end up with the number one pick....now if we get the 9th pick by all means...kill nick young. LOL

team kiss ***?

LOL

Just don't understand all the fighting over something we have ZERO control over. Until we know what pick we have in the draft all this talk is pointless.

We could end up with the number one pick....now if we get the 9th pick by all means...kill nick young. LOL

We didn't have control over fighting for HomeCourt advantage either.

We were in here daily tho. :wink:

We had no control over trading Kobe, or trading for Kevin Garnett, or trading Bynum for Kidd either.

We were in here daily tho. :wink:

Point is, we in here daily, fussin about the franchise we love. Cuz, Lakers. :smokin

CP,

Just seems lilke things are different. Back then seems like the convo's were productive. Now...just seems like a lot of pointless banter. Just me.

CP,

Just seems lilke things are different. Back then seems like the convo's were productive. Now...just seems like a lot of pointless banter. Just me.

Very true, but the peeps we had back then were in on every detail, they understood things on a grander scale.

Not the same these days. Sadly.

We wouldn't have had to explain the benefits of losing games to French, KB8, WestCoast, Gritty or Bright, they understood already.

Every coaching detail, contracts, trade values, etc etc.

Last edited:
We also wouldn't have had to explain to those smart gentlemen that Mike was a bad head coach.

Like you said. They knew those kinda things already.

Very true, but the peeps we had back then were in on every detail, they understood things on a grander scale.

We wouldn't have had to explain the benefits of losing games to French, KB8, WestCoast, Gritty or Bright, they understood already.

Very true....

But I will be real with you. I enjoyed the win last night. One part of me was thinking damn...this could hurt but I just hate seeing us lose. period.

When those dudes were in this thread, Mike D'Antoni was kicking our *** back to back years, defeating Phil Jackson. Get the hell on with that **** **** :lol:

Very true....

But I will be real with you. I enjoyed the win last night. One part of me was thinking damn...this could hurt but I just hate seeing us lose. period.

Aye, this year has sucked the soul out of me. It's absolutely dreadful going thru this, but it is a necessary evil. And if we're going to go thru this for 6+ months, we might as well have gone all the way. Instead, we half assed it, and now we could suffer because of that. And that, hurts more than anything. :smh:

26 wins or 24 wins, doesn't make a difference to us, in terms of pain. But it can make a BIG difference in terms of future.

Only way I can get thru all this ****.

Back
Top Bottom