[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Mike showed, in 4 years straight, he won 60+ games and was right there.

We get him the talent, he will get them playing well. We need a talent upgrade tho, not a coaching upgrade. A different coach isn't going to change our fortunes with Nick Young, Robert Sacre and Kendall Marshall, I'm sorry.

Mike showed, in 4 years straight, he won 60+ games and was right there.

We get him the talent, he will get them playing well. We need a talent upgrade tho, not a coaching upgrade. A different coach isn't going to change our fortunes with Nick Young, Robert Sacre and Kendall Marshall, I'm sorry.
What happened in those 4 years tho?

How many years does the world have to wait for him to have the "right pieces" though?

We gonna say Rondo and Gortat for 40+ years?

He'll never win.

And dudes will always have an excuse for it.

WHEN HAS HE EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR BEEN GIVEN A FULL ROSTER?

WHEN?

Please, point out the year, that Mike was given a full 12 man roster. Show it to me LTB.

What happened in those 4 years tho?

His owner sold Deng, Nate, Rondo, Rudy, and Gortat.

In other words, his owner sold what would have been the best bench in the NBA, a year after letting Joe freaking Johnson go for 30 cents on the dollar.

So yeah, why couldn't he win a title with all that going on? :rolleyes

I love how we just sit back and say yeah, take away 5-6 really good NBA players, and that team should still win an NBA title, no sweat. :lol:

Take 5-6 guys off the Heat's bench, right now, tell me how the **** they win a damn thing. They have BARELY hung on, with 3 elite players, and their bench, now take that bench away folks.

No Ray Allen
No Chris Anderson
No Chalmers
No Haslem

Still win the title. :lol: :lol:

LMAO Type away!

But I'll be honest...you won't change my mind. The second they went to him instead of Phil, I knew things would be bad.

Now I give you the injuries and the lack of talent....but I still DON'T like him. I tired too....I can't like the guy, He has won NOTHING with great teams and good teams. Had Phil coached those suns that were beating us...PHX might have 2 rings....
NAH B, NAH

doubt it. phil was a triangle offensive coach. in his system, you don't really need a great pg. just a servicable one. so nash would've been watered down. and you need a big guy that can get in the paint and kick it out. so amare would've been misused. then you need shooters. tim thomas and raja were great but phil was slow pace, half court offense. they were open, catch and shooters which happens quickest in fast break offense. not to mention, none of those guys have ever been good defenders. to win with that squad, sub out nash for cp3. because then you have a player that can pass, shoot, defend and also understand the game in a way that he understands even as a pg, if we need 10 points, and my guys aren't balling, I'm gonna go out and get 10 ******* points. nash is one of the greatest shooters ever, but he never got that point. phil has always had a player capable of and willing to do just that. phil with that 06-07 squad...2nd rd. 3rd is being generous. 06...no way that team was gonna beat miami, much less move past dallas to get there. 07, say they did get past san antonio, highly doubt it, given their lack of defense, lebron would've had his first rings years ago.

my how things would be different if you could just fiddle with history...

In other words, his owner sold what would have been the best bench in the NBA, a year after letting Joe freaking Johnson go for 30 cents on the dollar.

So yeah, why couldn't he win a title with all that going on?
eyes.gif
Eh. I mean I don't knock MDA like most. Dude knows his offense, and maybe can coach young players, but he clearly needs a few lessons in defense.

Last edited:

So yeah, why couldn't he win a title with all that going on? :rolleyes
Eh. I mean I don't knock MDA like most. Dude knows his offense, and can coach young players, but he clearly needs a few lessons in defense.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Damn you Tupac.

doubt it. phil was a triangle offensive coach. in his system, you don't really need a great pg. just a servicable one. so nash would've been watered down. and you need a big guy that can get in the paint and kick it out. so amare would've been misused. then you need shooters. tim thomas and raja were great but phil was slow pace, half court offense. they were open, catch and shooters which happens quickest in fast break offense. not to mention, none of those guys have ever been good defenders. to win with that squad, sub out nash for cp3. because then you have a player that can pass, shoot, defend and also understand the game in a way that he understands even as a pg, if we need 10 points, and my guys aren't balling, I'm gonna go out and get 10 ******* points. nash is one of the greatest shooters ever, but he never got that point. phil has always had a player capable of and willing to do just that. phil with that 06-07 squad...2nd rd. 3rd is being generous. 06...no way that team was gonna beat miami, much less move past dallas to get there. 07, say they did get past san antonio, highly doubt it, given their lack of defense, lebron would've had his first rings years ago.

my how things would be different if you could just fiddle with history...

Maybe...

But can MDA's system win a title in the NBA? I just don't think so.

@CP1708

I've always wanted to ask,

Even if they kept those picks, why do you think they would draft Rondo, or Gortat, or Rudy, or Nate?

I mean they could have drafted some one else
laugh.gif

Here we go again.

So first, Mike was kicking Phil's *** back to back years... :rofl:

So... That meant that Mike was SUCH AN GOD OF COACHING that he was able to defeat the almighty Phil Jackson all by himself! Oh... 2 years in a row!

He was great enough to defeat an 11-time winning coach! (...that was coaching Smush and Luke Walton...)...

But now... It's WHEN HAS HE EVER HAD A TEAM!? WHEN!?

Oh. Okay. Maybe... Maybe just maybe those 60 win teams you mentioned? You know, the one with the back to back MVP? The one with the 2 seed facing a 7 seeded Lakers team that showed how clearly inferior the talent was?

Oh but... That team wasn't good enough? 2 years in a row?

Yet, that team was worth praising for defeating the almighty Phil Jackson!!!!

Gimmmme a break. Make up your mind :rofl:

Last edited:
@CP1708

I've always wanted to ask,

Even if they kept those picks, why do you think they would draft Rondo, or Gortat, or Rudy, or Nate?

I mean they could have drafted some one else :lol:

No, they DID draft those players. Had they not sold them, they were theirs.

Now, could they have selected OTHER players, prior to drafting them? Sure. Maybe they get even better players then.

Either way, that's an entire bench worth of young talent, all sold. Whether those 5 guys, or another 5 guys, still 5 first round pick (one in the top 8) let go, and that doesn't even count Joe Johnson who was let go at age 24. :smh:

Criminal ownership. You think Jim Buss is bad, try dealing with that disaster.

Here we go again.

So... That meant that Mike was SUCH AN GOD OF COACHING that he was able to defeat the almighty Phil Jackson all by himself! Oh... 2 years in a row!

He was great enough to defeat an 11-time winning coach! (...that was coaching Smush and Luke Walton...)...

Oh. Okay. Maybe... Maybe just maybe those 60 win teams you mentioned? You know, the one with the back to back MVP? The one with the 2 seed facing a 7 seeded Lakers team that showed how clearly inferior the talent was?

same arguement they used with the cavs. Lebron never had a team, but had back to back 65+ win seasons lol. like how does one go about creating wins by ones self. one simply does not.

LMAO Type away!

But I'll be honest...you won't change my mind. The second they went to him instead of Phil, I knew things would be bad.

Now I give you the injuries and the lack of talent....but I still DON'T like him. I tired too....I can't like the guy, He has won NOTHING with great teams and good teams. Had Phil coached those suns that were beating us...PHX might have 2 rings....
[magic] TUPAC IS BACK!!! [/magic]

You good w/ me, brethren. 
smokin.gif

before playing for dantoni, nash was no where close to being a franchise guy

its not like the best pg of this generation got traded to dantonis team and carried him to success

he became the best pg of this generation after starting to play for dantoni

I don't care about names.

I demand one of you dudes to show me a franchise that can sell FIVE YEARS worth of first round draft picks, in a row, AND cut loose a 24 year old all star, and then win 60+ games, but not come up short.

I demand you all to show me a team that can do that.

LA couldn't.
San Antonio couldn't.
Miami can't.
Boston can't.

show me a team that can. SHOW ME.

FIVE, years. Five. Not one draft pick, FIVE. Consecutive. Half a damn decade of picks, sold. Not traded for other assets, SOLD.

Here we go again.

same arguement they used with the cavs. Lebron never had a team, but had back to back 65+ win seasons lol. like how does one go about creating wins by ones self. one simply does not.

Which is exactly why it was hilarious when he said "Mike kicked Phil's *** back-to-back years," as if one created wins by hisself. One, being Mike :lol:

I demand one of you dudes to show me a franchise that can sell FIVE YEARS worth of first round draft picks, in a row, AND cut loose a 24 year old all star, and then win 60+ games, but not come up short.

LA couldn't.
San Antonio couldn't.
Miami can't.
Boston can't.

FIVE, years. Five. Not one draft pick, FIVE. Consecutive. Half a damn decade of picks, sold. Not traded for other assets, SOLD.

why five years?

No, they DID draft those players. Had they not sold them, they were theirs.

Now, could they have selected OTHER players, prior to drafting them? Sure. Maybe they get even better players then.

Either way, that's an entire bench worth of young talent, all sold. Whether those 5 guys, or another 5 guys, still 5 first round pick (one in the top 8) let go, and that doesn't even count Joe Johnson who was let go at age 24. :smh:

Criminal ownership. You think Jim Buss is bad, try dealing with that disaster.

Yes they did draft those players...would those players had devloped into the players they are now under MDA? We don't know...

CP I just don't feel MDA's system is effective enough to win an NBA championship. Throwing players out there and telling them to score with no D isn't going to cut it for me.

LA couldn't.
San Antonio couldn't.
Miami can't.
Boston can't.

why five years?

ask the suns why they did it.

LA couldn't.
San Antonio couldn't.
Miami can't.
Boston can't.

You won't find one....there. I said it.

So are you saying we should keep MDA for another 5 years and draft players that fit hsi style and see what happens? Is that what you want?

Here we go again.

So first, Mike was kicking Phil's *** back to back years...
roll.gif

Gimmmme a break. Make up your mind
roll.gif
Which is exactly why it was hilarious when he said "Mike kicked Phil's *** back-to-back years," as if one created wins by hisself. One, being Mike
laugh.gif
Dude, follow the format.

How do you not understand?

success: "That's my coach. MDA is the truth! I TOLD Y'ALL!!"

failure: "Rondo. Gortat. 5 years. Front office. Global warming. Y2K."

Back
Top Bottom