[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
When those dudes were in this thread, Mike D'Antoni was kicking our *** back to back years, defeating Phil Jackson. Get the hell on with that **** **** :lol:

Oh you mean the Suns kicked our ***** those years because of Mike D'Antoni?

It had nothing to do with our starting line up being Smush, Kwame, Cook, and Luke Walton?

Oh. :rofl:

You get more ridiculous with your defense of Mike every hour :rofl:

HE WAS KICKING PHILS ***!!!

:rofl:

"Back in my day..."

:lol:  :lol:

Nothing is ever as good as it seems, or as bad.

:wink:

You try and sell me the folks that pull thru today are on it as much as the folks back then, I don't know what to tell ya. I don't even think you believe that. :lol:

LTB, before you bust loose and bleed your fingers, you are someone I consider as part of back then, so please, don't all caps me or anything.

Too late. :lol:

Last edited:
But Mike was kicking our butts when we had inferior talent. He had an MVP Nash and Stat playing at a high level.

I thouight Mike was a bad coach then...his coaching now proves my point.

if they hadn't given any indication that they were going to resign him for good money, why would he care where the team goes in the future. he's said on numerous times that he's wanted to be with the team, each one of those times was and invitation to be approached with an extension. Clearly he wasn't. The funny thing is, all dude probably wants is like 3-4 mil a yr tops. he's been in the L like 6-7 yrs and he's only made like 12-14 mil. dude is easy to please at this point. why wouldn't he play his best bball? say the lakers didn't bring him back, all the other teams that were watching wouldn't know first hand dude was tanking, they'd just think he sucks. so without and extension from the lakers and no other interest, thats a first class ticket for a scorer to iverson land.

When those dudes were in this thread, Mike D'Antoni was kicking our *** back to back years, defeating Phil Jackson. Get the hell on with that **** **** :lol:

Oh you mean the Suns kicked our ***** those years because of Mike D'Antoni?

It had nothing to do with our starting line up being Smush, Kwame, Cook, and Luke Walton?

Oh. :rofl:

You get more ridiculous with your defense of Mike every hour :rofl:

HE WAS KICKING PHILS ***!!!

:rofl:

So, Mike losing now is because of him, not the players he's having to play?

Which is it man?

But Mike was kicking our butts when we had inferior talent. He had an MVP Nash and Stat playing at a high level.

And he has inferior talent now, but is expected to win with this group just as much.

See the difference? Least Phil had a 27 year old Kobe to dismantle teams on a given night.

MDA has Nick Young. :lol:

Bro you're usually on point with you arguments.

You're making 0 sense right now.

Just take a break, have a Dew and come back read what you said. :lol:

Wait, so you don't like MDA?

If it wasn't for Mike and his system, the Lakers would probably have 8-12 fewer wins than they do now with the lack of talent and all the injuries they sustained.

I'm not sure if that falls on the side of Mike is a good coach or bad coach, but I believe whole heartily in the statement above.

I have never liked Mike as a coach. I never liked his system. I wanted phil. It didn't happen. I wasn't going to cry about it. I was going to support him until he gave me reasons not to support him.

Last year was hard. This year capped it.

CP I know he wasn't given much this year...but i watched some games and I felt like he just didn't even care to try to coach these guys up! They played like high school kids and he let it ride. He didn't play Kaman when he should have been. Same with Jordan Hill. I believe he hurt players with his rotations and his system. His system NEVER fit this team. I'll blame that on management but same time he should know...I may need to change some things up to make this team better.

And now that I'm on shore duty, I'll be around more.

I have never liked Mike as a coach. I never liked his system. I wanted phil. It didn't happen. I wasn't going to cry about it. I was going to support him until he gave me reasons not to support him.

Last year was hard. This year capped it.

CP I know he wasn't given much this year...but i watched some games and I felt like he just didn't even care to try to coach these guys up! They played like high school kids and he let it ride. He didn't play Kaman when he should have been. Same with Jordan Hill. I believe he hurt players with his rotations and his system. His system NEVER fit this team. I'll blame that on management but same time he should know...I may need to change some things up to make this team better.

And now that I'm on shore duty, I'll be around more.

You're going to make me type, aren't you?

:smh:

:lol:

So you DON'T like MDA?

And last night's win felt a little good?

CP, you SUUUUUUUURE you're good w/ tupac?

IF you want and/or think the Lakers can be a decent team next year that can make some sort of decent run, you should want Mike for that.

LMAO Type away!

But I'll be honest...you won't change my mind. The second they went to him instead of Phil, I knew things would be bad.

Now I give you the injuries and the lack of talent....but I still DON'T like him. I tired too....I can't like the guy, He has won NOTHING with great teams and good teams. Had Phil coached those suns that were beating us...PHX might have 2 rings....

LMAO Type away!

But I'll be honest...you won't change my mind. The second they went to him instead of Phil, I knew things would be bad.

Now I give you the injuries and the lack of talent....but I still DON'T like him. I tired too....I can't like the guy, He has won NOTHING with great teams and good teams. Had Phil coached those suns that were beating us...PHX might have 2 rings....
NAH B, NAH

Last edited:
So you DON'T like MDA?

And last night's win felt a little good?

CP, you SUUUUUUUURE you're good w/ tupac?

Hate MDA.

Love to see the Lakers win.

Hurts no matter what when they lose...

Sorry. When you root for a team since 1982 you can't stand to see them lose. This year was hard for me....

His system.

Like PMatic said,

If it wasn't for Mike and his system, the Lakers would probably have 8-12 fewer wins than they do now with the lack of talent and all the injuries they sustained.

I think Mike is a good coach for this situation... taking castaways, one-year tryouts and getting a lot out of them. These guys played a lot better than expected, and MDA deserves a lot of that credit.

The Lakers seem like they'll be on the same program next year. So IF someone wants that next group of castaways to play well, they should want MDA as the coach.

This is not saying he's a good coach overall. But for the situation, he is.

Last edited:
How many years does the world have to wait for him to have the "right pieces" though?

We gonna say Rondo and Gortat for 40+ years?

He'll never win.

And dudes will always have an excuse for it.

Back
Top Bottom