[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
So in retrospect, they did have a plan, it was just the most asinine one they could have concocted...

1) Make the playoffs
2) Write Kobe a blank check
3) Not get rid of Pau or anyone that would allow us to suck even more
4) Convince Nash to leave (though really nothing they could do about that since he's only about his money anyway)
5) Don't get under the luxury tax
6) Get the worst possible draft pick possible by having these guys still play all out

Nice...can't wait for the draft and the offseason.

Yup bout sums it up

Throw beg melo and deng to sign in the offseason in there as well

That kobe signing tho smh

Last edited:
So in retrospect, they did have a plan, it was just the most asinine one they could have concocted...

1) Make the playoffs
2) Write Kobe a blank check
3) Not get rid of Pau or anyone that would allow us to suck even more
4) Convince Nash to leave (though really nothing they could do about that since he's only about his money anyway)
5) Don't get under the luxury tax
6) Get the worst possible draft pick possible by having these guys still play all out

Nice...can't wait for the draft and the offseason.

The best part will be when they back that up with fire the head coach, and then re-sign Pau.

At that point, it's nuclear winter in Lakerland. :smh:

The best part will be when they back that up with fire the head coach, and then re-sign Pau.

At that point, it's nuclear winter in Lakerland. :smh:

And trade the draft pick combined with signing Melo...unfortunately it can get much worse.

Last edited:
Yeah.. Basically is the measure of teacher effectiveness now.

Figures ...has nothing to do with the actual kids :smh:

Someone told Dept of Ed. that the world tests actually mean something. When really the reason for our fall in rankings is for many reasons outside of the quality of teachers. Some of which is because other countries put tremendous weight on these world aptitude tests.

I should be looking for a teaching job. But really can't decide whether I want to anymore. Mind you I've thrown $20K down the drain for my Master's. Simply because it may not be worth it in the long run.

What grade(s) do you teach? Younger kids, or older kids?

I'm certified to teach 7 through 12th grade Social Studies.

My student teaching placements were 7th grade (those kids are ruthless jerks), and 12th grade.

Last edited:
Yeah, I hear ya. Teaching older kids a damn thankless job.

Teaching little ones tho, that seams like a great gig. I see it at my daughters school, little ones are awesome. They don't know how to be the little jerks they'll all grow up to be. :lol:

You spend a lot of time attempting to make fun of me. If you spent nearly half of that time trying to fix your life you could be happier one day. Just don't want you to jump off a building someday bro :smile:

Somebodys hurt lol

If that helps you move on happily, sure buddy I'm "hurt." lol
Whatever little vendetta you have against me for hurting your feelings in the past, can we call it even now and go back to being on the same team? :lol:

Last edited:
Yeah, I hear ya. Teaching older kids a damn thankless job.

Teaching little ones tho, that seams like a great gig. I see it at my daughters school, little ones are awesome. They don't know how to be the little jerks they'll all grow up to be. :lol:

I did a month at an Elementary School helping with an English Second Language Program. It was great. Jokes are so easy to make. The word "silly" sets off laughter.

My only thing about it is, in terms of Social Studies it really sucks because you can't explore anything.

On the other hand, my Economics class was filled with Hip Hop references, movie clips, talking about how labor unions fighting for Free Agency led to big money in sports. I loved that. Especially because I could really push the line with jokes. Students were free to make jokes about me (as long as they were not malicious). Unfortunately that led to being called Mac Miller for 4 months because I somewhat resemble him.

Last edited:
I got out of the education field myself. I was certified to teach K-6.

Anywho, I will argue Pau being out there helped the team lose more games between his lazy screening, late defensive rotations and lack of rolling to the basket. If anything, it was Jodie Meeks and Nick Young helped the team win games.

Yea I never quite understand the education system in America this day n age
Because government are clearly not pushing actual education
It goes against their agenda. And everyone is getting shafted for it. Students & teachers

If you want a little bit of satisfaction today, Jalen shuts Simmons down about the Celtics/Lakers at the beginning of this video:

Bill Simmons is making the false equivalency that because the Clippers needed luck to be relevant, the Lakers will need luck to be relevant in the next 15 years. I get the "well why would you come to LA if such and such." But you can immediately cross 20 teams off the list being in play for Free Agents. Being the Lakers, and being in LA are really HUGE selling points, especially to the handful of superstars in **** towns with no hope.

But he's right, had the veto not happened, the Clippers are still a 10th-15th seed in the West. I also think it sealed the fate of the Lakers through this year. Kobe's contract adds another year to that.

CP3 trade not vetoed:
1. We never trade for Ramon Sessions. When every one was calling for his head, Lakers needed a new PG. Being the Lakers, of course they were going to go after a big name to be the Starter. We likely go after a solid SF instead at the 2011-12 Deadline, Making MWP expendable a year earlier.
2. Never trade for Steve Nash. Save the 2 - 1st Round Picks, 2 - 2nd Round Picks
3. Dr. Buss doesn't want to re-create Showtime with Mike D'Antoni because of Nash's success with MDA, they go in a different direction. Maybe even Phil doesn't roll the Lakers along. You have 3 of the top 10 players. The best 3 at their respective positions. Two who are in their prime
4. Kobe doesn't rupture his achilles
5. Dwight & CP3 sign 5 year max deals.
6. Kobe's contract is insignificant. Giving him $20mil a year wouldn't have been a problem.
7. Picks kept that were not traded for Nash are used to fill the bench around Jodie Meeks & Jordan Hill.
8. We either win the title last year or this year.

Last edited:
Yeah, you can feel the beg in Bill's voice for us to fall off for the next 15 years like his Celtics did.

Love Jalen for pointing out the 11 rings when there were only 8 teams tho,and only 6 since 1960. :lol:

Bill was also pretty casual stomping on Jim, then quietly passing by Stern taking CP3 away from him. I see you Bill, I see you. :lol:

One other thing tho E, if the CP3 deal does go down, there's a chance the Dwight trade is different. It may not have been the 4 teamer we saw, and some of those saved Nash picks, could have gone out for Dwight anyways.

Find it kind of hard to believe we pull in both CP3 and Dwight Howard, without any draft picks leaving. Just me speculating, but could have been a big change. (not to mention Beasley was coming, and that might have cost a pick or two)

Last edited:
Happy Birthday Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. Here is his UCLA graduation in 1969. Can you spot him?

BlXOGyMIUAAAeN2.jpg

Whatever little vendetta you have against me for hurting your feelings in the past, can we call it even now and go back to being on the same team? :lol:

You never hurt my feelings but whenever anybody disagrees with you you get all emotional. Stop that.

Now can i get my prize? :smile: 7 days without you on your soap box screaming for nothing?

One other thing tho E, if the CP3 deal does go down, there's a chance the Dwight trade is different. It may not have been the 4 teamer we saw, and some of those saved Nash picks, could have gone out for Dwight anyways.

Find it kind of hard to believe we pull in both CP3 and Dwight Howard, without any draft picks leaving. Just me speculating, but could have been a big change. (not to mention Beasley was coming, and that might have cost a pick or two)

Definitely a good possibility. Probably right as well. But could have been the same 2017 1st Pick that we did send out. 1 of the 2013 or 2015 1sts and one of the seconds.

Still having 1st & 2nd left to trade out.

Last edited:

Whatever little vendetta you have against me for hurting your feelings in the past, can we call it even now and go back to being on the same team?
laugh.gif
You never hurt my feelings but whenever anybody disagrees with you you get all emotional. Stop that.

Now can i get my prize?
smile.gif
7 days without you on your soap box screaming for nothing?
You two hurt my feelings all the time.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Now can i get my prize? :smile: 7 days without you on your soap box screaming for nothing?

If you win sure, I'll be happy to do that for you as your prize. Sounds easy and cheap to do :lol:

*truce*

No truce for you rck. Not until you stop eating in n out and hit the weights :nerd:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom