LAKERS OFFICIAL END OF SEASON THREAD: IT WAS FUN! THANKS FOR THE RUN LAKERS! LAKER FANS STAND UP!

Stu%20Lantz.jpg

PRETTYPLAYER wrote:
LOL@ Laker fans whining and asking for a trade everytime they lose a game.

Classic.
Right. It hasn't been the last couple seasons or anything. Just when we lose a game.

laugh.gif
Keep believing that.

Lakers 117, Grizzlies 101
Final

Fisher knocks on door of career high with 26 points

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) -- Kobe Bryant glanced at the stat sheet and claimed there was a mistake.

Derek Fisher scored 26 points in the Los Angeles Lakers' 117-101 victory over the Memphis Grizzlies on Tuesday night, making 10 of 11 shots from the field.Or so the stats read.
"He was actually 10-for-10," Bryant said. "They need to take away that one miss they gave him. That was a lob to Andrew [Bynum]. It wasn't ashot."

Bryant added 25 points in the Lakers' 13th win in 16 games. The have won six of their last eight road games.

The 26 points were Fisher's highest total since he scored 27 against San Antonio nearly two seasons ago.

"That was a great show by Derek," Lakers coach Phil Jackson said. "He was terrific."

Fisher, who signed a three-year deal with the Lakers last summer, scored 16 in the first half to help Los Angeles (22-11) build a 14-point lead. Fisherfinished 5-of-5 from 3-point range.
"I like this arena," Fisher said of the FedExForum. "Kobe and I were talking [during Tuesday's shootaround] about the depth perception.It's a good-built arena. It's built for basketball.
"But there's no way you can plan on shooting the basketball the way I did. It just kind of happens for you."

The Grizzlies, who never led in the game, were paced by Mike Miller with 19 points. Pau Gasol added 18 points and 12 rebounds. Rudy Gay finished with 15points.
As good as Fisher was, the Grizzlies thought the credit belonged to Bryant.

"Fisher is a good shooter, but Kobe creates a lot of that," Miller said. "[Bryant] is a great basketball player. He demands a lot of attention.And when you demand a lot of attention, a lot of guys get open shots."

Memphis didn't give itself much of a chance by committing 20 turnovers that led to 25 Lakers points. In the second half, the Grizzlies got only as close as12 points, and the Lakers answered with seven in a row to put away the game.

Bryant, who scored 60 points on his last visit to Memphis, was 8-for-22 from the field.

Memphis had won seven of the past 10 meetings, but the Lakers led by 16 points after one quarter and extended their lead to 26 in the second. The Grizzliesmissed 11 of their first 12 shots in the second period.

"[The Lakers] played like a team in the division race, very together and with a purpose," said Memphis coach Marc Iavaroni. "Our startersstruggled . . . we had five guys who didn't think they could compete."

The Grizzlies closed the half with a 13-2 run, but that cut the lead to only 61-47 at halftime.

"We came out sluggish," said Grizzlies guard Mike Conley. "We were just playing soft. We weren't aggressive like we've been the firstcouple of games [of 2008].

"When you get behind like that, you try to get all the points back at once. There are no 10-point shots in basketball. We forgot that and tried to get itall back on a couple of shots."
Game notes

For the first time in the history of the series, Jerry West wasn't involved with either franchise. West spent 20 years as the Lakers' general managerbefore taking over as president of the Grizzlies in 2002. He retired after last season. ... With Tuesday being Elvis Presley's 73rd birthday, fans weretreated to Elvis songs during pregame warmups and player introductions. ... Former Lakers star Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Bob Lanier will be honored Jan. 21 inMemphis during the Martin Luther King Day game when the Grizzlies play the Chicago Bulls.

should of won the warriors game but odom had the usual mistakes and kobe had a bad shooting night

but sunday is a new day and looking at the schedule im hoping for them to win at least 5 of these unless kobe is out for some games because of his groin

Sun 16 vs LA Clippers
Tue 18 @ Chicago
Thu 20 @ Cleveland
Fri 21 @ Philadelphia
Sun 23 @ New York
Tue 25 vs Phoenix
Fri 28 vs Utah
Sun 30 vs Boston

Damn...watching Horry's 3 against sac still brings chills up my spine
pimp.gif
eek.gif

- 0.4 is also up there, as well as the Kobe to Shaq oop to cap off that rally in game 7. We were down 15, and on the verge of blowing a 3-1 lead, if you guysremember
eek.gif
. From this era, I'll also put the Horry 3 from the corneragainst the Blazers in front of their bench
pimp.gif

- Kobe's awesome game (and series) against the Spurs in '02...where he had that sequence in game 3 or 4 where Fish missed a shot from from top of thekey, Kobe came out of nowhere to fully stretch and grab the board and made the shot with about 5 secs left to give us the win and to basically knock the windout of the Spurs sails.
pimp.gif

- Also that magical 2001 playoff run, where Fish was hitting EVERYTHING from deep...Shaq crushing every opposing Center in the Finals
pimp.gif
. Kobe's overtime game against the Pacers.

- That 30 point rally against the Mavs, capped off by Kobe's shot is also memorable as well as other regular season heroics like the one against theBlazers. I still remember Shaq's 61 point night on his B-Day against the Clips
pimp.gif

- Of recent times of course the game 4 win against phoenix 2 years ago.

- One thing i remember from back in the day was Eddie Jones taking off from damn near the FT line against the Bucks and yamming it on Vin Baker
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
I wasa huge EJ fan back in the day...probably the reason why I was a Laker fan...and i was talking about that jam for the next week in school
laugh.gif

EDIT: Damn...i didn't realize i typed that long...i've got plenty more in mindbut it would probably take the whole day given the storied tradition of our team LOL

Final 20 seconds of Game 5 of the 2004 Lakers-Spurs Semifinal

Kobe hits the shot with less than 12 to go
happy.gif
smokin.gif

Duncan throws up a wiild shot and makes it
mad.gif
sick.gif
smh.gif

Fisher 0.4 seconds
eek.gif
grin.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Slow Motion G35

Critr playing over Sasha...is all I care about. That move alone will get us to the 2nd round

Right now, Sasha > Crittenton. Crittenton just seems like he can't do anything out there. Sasha can at least knock down a couple of threes.

Javaris will improve with time, though.

With all this discussion of the offseason (even though there are about 50 games left plus playoffs
laugh.gif
), I really don't think any major moves should be made. This team hasextremely good chemistry and I don't think it should be shaken up. People are saying we should get rid of Lamar, but he's putting up double-doublesseemingly every night now even with Bynum doing the same.
Every role on this team is filled. Perimeter scorers, shooters, interior scorers, interiordefenders, perimeter defenders, shot-blockers, veteran leadership, playmakers, high-energy guys off the bench. And it's not just two or three guys doingmost of it. We go 10, even 11 deep.

It's looking beautiful and it's only going to get better.
pimp.gif

^co sign we should try n sign both they would help us in the playoffs and it not like they're doing nething better with there time

If Kwame decided to be a Rodman 2.0 with him being bigger, stronger, and dare I say quicker he could beast boards like Dwight Howard is. Dude is 7' and he seems to be able to grab the ball but cannot finish a shot to save his life.

I think Phil should get in his ear and bring out tape of Dennis from Detroit, Spurs, and Bulls days.

Kobe will have flashbacks of 2001 and 02 tonight. Cutting the Spurs hearts out and super clutch if needed.

Unfortunately, its really up to the player. Kinda like the saying you can a lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink it. Kwame for some reason doesn't see himself as pathetic on the offensive end as we see him on TV. Asking a player like Kwame to hustle like Dennis is really asking too much, one player was willing to sacrifice his body and the other is too damn worried about getting hit in the face or getting his headband knock off. And plus, I don't think Kwame has the smarts to be a great rebounder, its not like he jumps out to of the gym like Dwight, so obviously he has to out smart and anticipate rebounds like Dennis. Ultimately, its really up to the players heart, size and ability will play a role, but if he doesn't have the mental WILL to track down the rebounds its never going to happen.

^
Could be a motivation thing from Jackson. He wants to keep working Bynum to force that kid to be great. You'll notice how he missed the free throws totie the game last night. He knows Andrew is better. But he wants to keep working him before he goes all superstar of Phil. Remember, Jerry West didn'twant Kobe to start in 98 because he knew he'd never get him back on the bench once Kobe started to shine. Bean hasn't been on the bench since. Nextseason, Bynum will be a full blown starter and hopefully make a D Howard leap. That would be nice.

I'm out for the holidays ya'll. Hope you guys all have a great holiday season, wish I could be on here for the game on Tuesday. Can't wait toread the 50 pages or so on Wednesday morning.
laugh.gif

Get that W Lake Show.
pimp.gif

^^ LOL. No problem, I was wondering when you would update it. It looks Nice :pimp:
pimp.gif

I forgot the name of the person who made the sig :wow:
embarassed.gif
TEAM LAKERS
TEAM DODGERS
TEAM L.A. KINGS

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by tupac003

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by tupac003

For all the laker fans that like these 87-88 throwbacks, I went to my pro image and they do make these up to a 4xl. I got the kobe in a 4xl but to my surpise they also have magic johnson, james worthy, cooper, and the one I want most byron scott. Check your jersey shops.

Tupac... are the jerseys made by adidas too?

What pro image did you go to? I think I have one by my job.

All adidas
mad.gif
. I went to the pro image in arcadia mall. Very good inventory of jerseys there.

Eh, no biggie, I can always cover up the adidas logo or remove it.

This is what I have done to my swingman jerseys so far this year (Lakers 60th Patch).....

Thanks for the info though, I'll call them up and see if they have a location closer to me.
Wow, Good job bro
Where did you get the 60th anniv. patches at?

Found this on google

1. Floor seats, Lakers' side

* Norm Pattiz, founder Westwood One radio network

* Haim Saban, billionaire media mogul

* Ari Emanuel, partner, Endeavor talent agency

2. Floor seats, Visitors' side

* Lou Adler, record producer

Jack Nicholson, actor

* Michael Ovitz, entertainment mogul

* Henry Nicholas III, billionaire high-tech tycoon

3. Section 119

* Richard Weitz, partner, Endeavor talent agency

* Leonardo DiCaprio, actor

4. Section 101

* Alec Gores, billionaire founder, Gores Technology Group

* Dustin Hoffman, actor

5. Section 102

* Harold Foonberg, Beverly Hills philanthropist

Originally Posted by jbone2308

Originally Posted by LA Laker Devotee

Is it me or is Kobe getting shut down a lot recently?
Partly due to injuries, but like last night he just hasn't had it and really there hasn't been much of a need for him to take over games. I think he needs to have 1 established job and position instead of nightly changes.

kobe is more of a jumpshooter now. if that doesn't fall, he won't be that effective b/c he can't penetrate like a wade or lebron. his jobs areto score and defense. point blank. they don't need him to create much b/c the triangle offense is about ball movement.

Is it me or do a lot of other teams look better (on paper) than the Lakers?

KOBE TO NYK
NO JEAN SHORTS ALLOWED​

Theres one big problem with Odom, he has this dumb swag, not doing things with fundamentals. Ex. rebounding with one hand, not securing the balll with two hands when penetrating the, tendency to reach over the top for rebounds, and likes to shoot long shots even tho the lane is wide open. Biggest issue is that he gets on the refs for no-calls and doesn't hustle back. Only gets intense when someone actually embarrasses him. Those are big issues in my book.

The bench mob is really good at boxing out and securing rebounds, thats why we're winning with ease as of late. They are doing the fundamentals.
SLOW MOTION​

For a good deal?! Listen, if the deal is more than $1 (as in one dollar, as in 60 pennies), then it's not a deal worth taking.

laugh.gif
, 60 pennies, can't tell if you were serious or made a mistake.

I don't know why you guys hate Tom Cruise so much, and there was four cancers, don't forget about Brian Cook,
wink.gif
laugh.gif

Sasha isn't that bad, is he?
frown.gif

Fede DPT:
Um, I wanted to know this for sometime, I dont know why. Everytime I watch a Lakers game there is a short, white, bald scrub that is like I guess the "towel boy" for opposing teams. Reason why I ask is because seems like he's been there forever since I can remember in those Lakers vs Kings playoff series in early 2000's. So I ask, who is he?
NBAdotcom:
roll.gif
@ the headband guy. What the hell is the point of wearing a headband to hand players a towel? He's probably wearing some tights under his team issued warmup pants. You know, just in case Phil looks at him and says "hey towel boy, go in for Kwame"

So you wear basketball shoes ONLY when you're playing basketball? I mean, I don't, but I'm not the one laughing at someone for notusing something the way it was intended to be used.

Back
Top Bottom