latest mcguffin in culture war crusade = Plastic Straws.

Some place I cant think ofnises straws from a weird paper like material. They can swap out the plastic for that. This isnt a big deal.

some of you guys have no idea how much plastic ends up in the ocean.

The environment is going to get destroyed one way or the other.

If making life easier for someone with cerebral palsy or a paraplegic is an option, we need to do that. Their lives are hard enough as is.

it's a straw.

there are substitutes.

You can read, right?

Seems as if the substitutes aren’t adequate.

From one able bodied person to another, if the disabled community needs plastic straws, let them have plastic straws.

Your sudden concern for the environment when you use a car, electricity etc everyday is bs.

The environment is going to get destroyed one way or the other
then there’s no sense doing anything helpful to limit damaging pollution.

i’m sure the tech is available to allow a handicapped person to sip. if not, then yeah. give em a damn plastic straw. i hate paper straws but i’ll choose them over a plastic one. then again, i’m the guy that keeps a few nice bags in the car. always make sure there’s an insulated one. bring my own bags into the market/store. there’s plenty of ways i can still improve though.

i’m sure the tech is available to allow a handicapped person to sip.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there is technology to help people sip, but to expect handicapped people to pay for that tech instead of being given a plastic straw is outrageous.

Let’s say your disability makes it so that you have an extremely difficult time drinking things unless you are given a plastic straw. And then some jerk snatches the straw from your cup and says “I WANT TO SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT! FIND SOME TECHNOLOGY TO HELP YOU INSTEAD OF USING STRAWS BECAUSE IT MAKES ME FEEL BETTER!”

How upset would you be?

Every concession that needs to be made to improve the quality of life for disabled people needs to be made at no cost to them. Anyone that disagrees can go to hell.

dude, i said if they need it, give it to em. and yes, for free. that doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t be limiting the use of harmful plastics wherever we can.

Fake outrage, and usually somehow it's always the liberals fault..:emoji_thinking:

Last edited:
Hell, restaurants and stuff could potentially just give them one for free.

Or bring your own plastic ones.

Hopefully, an ECO friendly and disabled friendly straw will be available soon.

I understand it can be a necessity. If it's that important, it should be carried with you.

Last edited:
it's a straw.

there are substitutes.

What would be a substitute for a straw tho.
Especially at a ff place.

I guess you could leave the top off the drink but there's problems with that....traveling in a car, cleanliness etc.

What would be a substitute for a straw tho.
Especially at a ff place.

I guess you could leave the top off the drink but there's problems with that....traveling in a car, cleanliness etc.

I meant material wise. I've used alternative ones in Asia, and honestly could tell no difference.

Oh I see.
Yea id be fine with that.

The amount of straws the world uses daily is probably insane.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there is technology to help people sip, but to expect handicapped people to pay for that tech instead of being given a plastic straw is outrageous.

Let’s say your disability makes it so that you have an extremely difficult time drinking things unless you are given a plastic straw. And then some jerk snatches the straw from your cup and says “I WANT TO SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT! FIND SOME TECHNOLOGY TO HELP YOU INSTEAD OF USING STRAWS BECAUSE IT MAKES ME FEEL BETTER!”

How upset would you be?

Every concession that needs to be made to improve the quality of life for disabled people needs to be made at no cost to them. Anyone that disagrees can go to hell.
You understand that people have said, "If THEY need it, THEY should get it right?"

Them needing it shouldn't mean we ALL should continue using them, considering what it is doing to the Earth.

Also, this, "The world is going to shambles, so it doesn't matter what we do" is very faulty. I am sure you understand that though

You understand that people have said, "If THEY need it, THEY should get it right?"

Them needing it shouldn't mean we ALL should continue using them, considering what it is doing to the Earth.

Also, this, "The world is going to shambles, so it doesn't matter what we do" is very faulty. I am sure you understand that though

Have you been anywhere that has banned plastic straws yet?

Some places have replaced them with paper straws (fine). Some just don't have them at all. So it's not, "if they need them they should get them." Unfortunately its "Since they're banned, nobody gets them, no matter what" as of now.

Don't misconstrue my point.

There is very little being done to stop the destruction of the environment. You're telling me that the best place to start fixing it is by denying handicapped people straws?

Stop it.

Stop being fake mad. This policy wasn’t made so they could deny plastic straws to disabled people. The stores will figure it out.

I get why people would want to ban them, the videos of what plastic does to animals are horrible. I don’t see why it’s too tough to replace plastic straws with something biodegradable but I’m also able bodied so I don’t know their struggle

B92EEC76-6FFF-4EC2-A866-109C4A1C353E.jpeg

There is very little being done to stop the destruction of the environment. .

The city of DC has raised millions since 2012 ever since they started charging folks 5c for plastic bags. That money has gone towards cleaning up the Anacostia River.

That is just in one city alone.

So I think assuming, "Not much is being done" IS an extreme statement. Sure we can say, "It doesn't appear that everyone is doing everything they can" but to say very little has been done is just wild

Stop being fake mad. This policy wasn’t made so they could deny plastic straws to disabled people. The stores will figure it out.

Hold on.

First of all I'm not mad.

Second, who are you to judge whether me being a little passionate about it is fake or not?

It's ridiculous to deny people with disabilities the things that they need.

That's all I'm saying.

Not going to debate this any further.

Have you been anywhere that has banned plastic straws yet?

Some places have replaced them with paper straws (fine). Some just don't have them at all. So it's not, "if they need them they should get them." Unfortunately its "Since they're banned, nobody gets them, no matter what" as of now..
This should be addressed, people that need them should be given them.

I get why people would want to ban them, the videos of what plastic does to animals are horrible. I don’t see why it’s too tough to replace plastic straws with something biodegradable but I’m also able bodied so I don’t know their struggle

B92EEC76-6FFF-4EC2-A866-109C4A1C353E.jpeg

Oh look, someone gets it.

It's not complicated guys.

Hell, restaurants and stuff could potentially just give them one for free.

Or bring your own plastic ones.

Hopefully, an ECO friendly and disabled friendly straw will be available soon.

I understand it can be a necessity. If it's that important, it should be carried with you.
Coming from a ignorant place, I want to say I completely side with what you are saying here. But again, I don't understand how it completely works.

The city of DC has raised millions since 2012 ever since they started charging folks 5c for plastic bags. That money has gone towards cleaning up the Anacostia River.

That is just in one city alone.

So I think assuming, "Not much is being done" IS an extreme statement. Sure we can say, "It doesn't appear that everyone is doing everything they can" but to say very little has been done is just wild

Said millions are a drop in the bucket. Are you aware of how much ocean there is out there?

You get what I'm saying but you're playing obtuse and wanting to argue semantics.

Said millions are a drop in the bucket. Are you aware of how much ocean there is out there?

You get what I'm saying but you're playing obtuse and wanting to argue semantics.
Yea, run to the "playing obtuse" card when presented something that goes against your extreme statement of, "Little is being done."

If this is how you have discussions we can just dead it.

What I get is, "Since little is being done, we should continue with doing little."

Unless I am reading incorrectly, that is what I am reading.

I am not understanding how this is a logical approach to ANY aspect of life.

Back
Top Bottom