latest mcguffin in culture war crusade = Plastic Straws.

What would be a substitute for a straw tho.
Especially at a ff place.

I guess you could leave the top off the drink but there's problems with that....traveling in a car, cleanliness etc.
Its not a replacement for a straw. Its a substitute for plastic.

If they had legalized bud in every market we wouldve been had hemp straws.

Well I dont know what sports teams dudes a fan of but this sure seems like Nomad's shtick

Lol!! This is the second or third comment about this in the last week or so.

I searched to see who you guys are talking about and it looks like “Nomad” got banned a while back?

When I did the search there was absolutely no surprise who the last person to @ him was. Hi @tomdiginson hope you are doing well buddy . Tom was also the first person to call me Nomad.

But so that you can sleep better and stop making that accusation, I’m sure @Methodical Management could look into this matter for you since you’re so pressed about it to the point of bringing it up again.

Is it possible to give straws only to disabled people?

Probably but then you get into the disgusting debate about “how do we verify who is disabled enough to warrant being handed a plastic straw...prove how disabled you are so that our Barista who is unqualified as all hell to assess disabilities can decide whether to hand you a straw or not.”

Not all disablilities are immediately identifiable to the eye. For obvious reasons this would be a mess. No pun intended.

Last edited:
Metal straws and paper straws both exist. We should be banning all plastic items that have eco friendly alternatives.
Looking at a school lunch the other day and literally every plate had 5 different plastic containers and most had plastic forks. If they just put all food on a washable tray and used metal forks you’d eliminate so much waste alone per building twice a day

Last edited:
A couple of restaurants by me got paper straws, including a & w. Texture feels weird

"This summer has seen no shortage of luxury fashion brands announce new efforts to combat the reckless pollution wrought by the industry, which accounts for a good portion of the world's textile waste and water contamination. But Dior is extending these efforts beyond the clothes it makes and into another space altogether: reusable straws.

On Thursday, the French fashion house introduced a £120 box (about $146 at current exchange) of six hand-blown glass straws designed to take the place of the plastic versions found in many restaurants and coffee shops. They're also a lot more fun to look at than their stainless steel cousins, whose ubiquity among the environmentally conscious is growing. Half of Dior's set is hand painted in metallic gold, and the other half features a spiral of the paint that extends for the length of the straws."

5d4dcec27e337f43ed7118e2-750-562.jpg

If they could just make da straws da same outta da same material those compostable utensils are made out of, that would be fine. They’d feel like plastic and won’t melt in your drink.

Had a paper straw the other day for the first time. Wasn't nothing wrong with it.

If I’m sitting at the restaurant I got no problem not using a straw, I’ll just drink out of it the old fashion way

If I’m on the go that’s a different story

If you’re not disabled, the material of the straw has no bearing on you and you should use whatever they give you and is best for the environment.

All that plastic getting baked in his glovebox and dude has the nerve to brag about it.

Cat gonna be on here in 30 years talking about he boosting chemo bags from the hospital he works at.

Back
Top Bottom