Latino/hispanic discussion thread Vol Saludos.

Just realized that HBO Go has Veneno, a film about a famous Dominican wrestler named Jack Veneno who famously fought Ric Flair in DR. I don't know if this movie covers the Flair match though. I remember when it came out, it had a limited run in some theaters. I didn't get a chance to see it unfortunately. Definitely need to check this out.

So apparently, there were/are plans for a sequel. This film covers Veneno's early years. My guess is that the sequel might get into the Flair match. Also, looks like somebody posted the whole movie on Youtube. I'll still watch it on HBO tho.

want a cool pic from my neighborhood 181st from Dominican Election protest?

FullSizeR_01.jpg

My boss at work who is a white woman with a Jewish last name revealed to me that her mother is Dominican. Not sure if I believe her but I think she likes me more now.

My boss at work who is a white woman with a Jewish last name revealed to me that her mother is Dominican. Not sure if I believe her but I think she likes me more now.

I believe her. There are a lot of Undercover Latinos out there. Look White, have White last name. Or the opposite, they appear African-American with a last name like Williams. But on the low, their moms was peeling platanos and rubbing Vick’s on their chest when they got sick as a kid.

Why r u hesitant to believe her?
I believe her. There are a lot of Undercover Latinos out there. Look White, have White last name. Or the opposite, they appear African-American with a last name like Williams. But on the low, their moms was peeling platanos and rubbing Vick’s on their chest when they got sick as a kid.
I know what you mean haha but I have pretty good radar when it comes to these things but she’s never exhibited anything Latin related or even hinted at it. Doesn’t speak a lick of Spanish either.

I know what you mean haha but I have pretty good radar when it comes to these things but she’s never exhibited anything Latin related or even hinted at it. Doesn’t speak a lick of Spanish either.

She's what I would call a Fugazi Hispanic. She passes for White or Black but doesn't acknowledge her Latin heritage for fear of being ostracized or being viewed as other. Fugazi Hispanics have to tell you that they're Hispanic or you'd never know. It's easier to be a Fugazi Hispanic when the mother is Hispanic because then they can rock with their father's Anglo-Saxon last name instead of a Spanish name. When the lights go out, she's drinking morirsonando and eating mangu. But outside, it's pastrami sandwiches and matzo ball soup.

morir sonando is so fire but now I’m washed and get heart burn from the OJ and my stomach hurts from the milk :frown: :frown:

Back
Top Bottom