Lavar Arrington taking shots at the ******** organization

dacomeup

Supporter
Arrington has harsh words for Gibbs, Snyder in interview

ESPN.com news services

Updated: November 11, 2008, 7:49 PM ET

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Former NFL linebacker LaVar Arrington has no love lost for former Washington ******** head coach Joe Gibbs or team owner Daniel Snyder.

The always-blunt Arrington had harsh words for both -- and others -- in an interview published in the Washington Times.

I called Joe Gibbs a coward for leaving. You came in, you made some money for your NASCAR team. No one else is going to say that.

--LaVar Arrington, on Joe Gibbs
"I called Joe Gibbs a coward for leaving," Arrington said in the Times interview. "You came in, you made some money for your NASCAR team. No one else is going to say that. I'm sure more people thought I was a [jerk] for saying that. Joe wouldn't call me because he knows. There are a lot of people who know the truth about what went down with me and the ********."

Gibbs retired for a second time from the ******** in January.

Arrington left the ******** in February 2006 after injuries slowed him. He signed with the New York Giants and played two months there before a ruptured Achilles tendon in October ended his career.

In 2007, he was involved in a serious motorcycle accident, but survived.

He says he has a strained relationship with Snyder.

I root for the ******** because how I feel about the fans outweighs how the organization treated me. I always take pleasure in taking jabs at Dan because people like him need that. There's got to be a person out there who's not afraid to do it.

--LaVar Arrington, on Daniel Snyder
"I think Dan Snyder is scared to death of me," Arrington said in the Times. "He won't look at me. I tried to shake his hand at [a] luncheon. He shook my hand and was like, 'How you doing, LaVar?' and kept moving. I'm probably the only person that's ever stood up to him and never backed down."

He said he tried to reach out to Snyder after the death of Sean Taylor a year ago, but was rebuffed.

"I root for the ******** because how I feel about the fans outweighs how the organization treated me. I always take pleasure in taking jabs at Dan because people like him need that. There's got to be a person out there who's not afraid to do it."

The Times said Snyder was traveling last week and couldn't be reached for comment.

Arrington feuded with ******** defensive coordinator Gregg Williams in 2005, his final full season. In the Times interview, he said: "If Gregg hadn't been corrupted by the front office agenda, I probably would've had a hell of a year with him, but there were too many hidden agendas for me to be successful in that regime."

Arrington told the paper he has patched up his relationship with Williams.

Arrington is now the owner of an Annapolis, Md., sports bar. He played in 85 NFL games, picking up 411 career tackles and 23½ sacks.

Nothing really for Lavar to gain or lose from this because his career is definitely over after watching his last stint with the Giants. He definitely seems alittle bitter, but it was just injuries that killed this dude.

wished he was still playing for the skins..he was an absolute beast..ask troy aikman
laugh.gif

He needs to go promote the Hyundai Genesis with areyouin729 instead of talking reckless, damn Nittany Lions
laugh.gif

^ You HAVE 2 bring that up?
indifferent.gif
I'm still hurt over that, as well as that fateful day at the Vet.

Originally Posted by mustbetheshoe58

wished he was still playing for the skins..he was an absolute beast..ask troy aikman
laugh.gif

As far as Arrington....he's saying nothing that people don't already know...Gibbs made a TON of $ off of his 2nd stint.� Why is this coming up 2-3years after he played here?� Dude should have spoken his mind back in 2005-06.

After I saw a segment on gibbs where he was saying he preferred to have a team full of christians, I tuned Joe Gibbs out as a coach who wanted to win footballgames

never forget this dude basically leading the pack to run marvin lewis out of town after his best season because [marvin was too mean]..

Lavar was ruthless, I could care less what goes on with that organization. They have some awesome fans though.

Originally Posted by mustbetheshoe58

laugh.gif

when thats what people remember you for...you know your career was trash...

Originally Posted by SingleDigitJsOnly

His best days are over. Time to do some more Eastern Motors commercials.

LOL

He has a Club/Sports Bar that is doing well....
He is remember around here for that and his motorcycle accident than actually playing

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

After I saw a segment on gibbs where he was saying he preferred to have a team full of christians, I tuned Joe Gibbs out as a coach who wanted to win football games
and that is EXACTLY why he stuck w. Brunell for as long as he did. Also, Brunell's faith had a lot (IMO) with him getting that awful contractfrom the Skins when he should have been a season away from retirement in the first place.

Originally Posted by GMSboy1

never forget this dude basically leading the pack to run marvin lewis out of town after his best season because [marvin was too mean]..

Marvin left for that Head Coacd money.

But Lavar hasn't been the only player to say these things about the skins front office. I bet Dan Synder is a a-hole behind closed doors.

DoubleJs,
smh.gif

Yea Brunell was on the segment, so was Schlereth

I couldn't believe Gibbs was letting his Christianity make personal decisions

After I saw a segment on gibbs where he was saying he preferred to have a team full of christians, I tuned Joe Gibbs out as a coach who wanted to win football games
You have to be kidding me, i guess I had heard something along those lines before but didn't think it was actually said
sick.gif

Lavar at PSU man
smokin.gif

pic_ARRINGTON.jpg

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

DoubleJs,
smh.gif

Yea Brunell was on the segment, so was Schlereth

I couldn't believe Gibbs was letting his Christianity make personal decisions
and on top of it all, he was too stubborn to pull the dude when he couldn't throw a pass more than 7 yards from the LOS. It was a joke, andEVERYONE knew why Brunell was still under center. There are waaaaay too many Skins fans who give Gibbs a pass for some of his decisions in his 2nd go round ascoach. It's good that we got back to a level of competitiveness, but there was a lot of shady dealings going on around the skins organization.

*also, we all know that Lavar is bitter, but shouldn't he be? Remember his whole contract fiasco? He took Dan Snyder to arbitration for 6 million that hewas owed while he was still on the roster. I think Arrington thought he was signing a deal for more money, but the Skins worded the whole contract differentlythan he and his agent interpreted it. Arrington signed it, but it was his agent who didn't read the fine print....

A lot of people are calling Lavar a baby, bust and a loser over at the ESPN boards. A lot of Gibbs' stans who refuse to hear any criticism of the man.

What sports bar does he own in Annapolis? I remember a couple years ago when I saw him at a gas station right outside of Annapolis and he filled up his BentleyCoupe right next to my car.

If they told Arrington his job was to get to the QB he would have had a much better career. You see all these linebackers know, in Pittsburgh for instance, whoplay in a 3-4 scheme and they are basically stand up DE's. Arrington could have been one of those guys but they were too busy trying to fit a square peginto a round hole.

Originally Posted by DG Kyrk 33

What sports bar does he own in Annapolis? I remember a couple years ago when I saw him at a gas station right outside of Annapolis and he filled up his Bentley Coupe right next to my car.
He owns sideline sports bar in Largo. I know he has a crib in Annapolis, but I didn't know he owned a bar over there....

Crooks...you are 100% right...if he would have been in a 3-4 scheme for his career, he would have racked up the sacks...the year he had something like 12sacks, marvin lewis was running a hybrid 3-4 defense.

Back
Top Bottom