Leaked audio of Donald Sterling telling his girlfriend "Don't bring black people to my games"

I'm everything Mark Cuban described and I work in corporate America w/o conforming to ****....

I have tattoos up my forearm and on BOTH sides of my neck....

I wear snapbacks and sneakers to work.....

I'm black

do some people in the building who don't know me make assumptions? I'm sure they do.....  but rather then be offended, I'm more interested in WHY they feel this way.... what experiences in their life have lead them to these conclusions

and hopefully, once they get to know me.... rather than feed their assumptions, I can be the one that helps give them a different outlook on "people like me...." because of the way I present myself

"challenge the inaccuracies of perception..... "

so, like I said, I see both sides of the 1st Take argument between Stephen A. and Mr. Dyson....
exactly my point my man... i get you have to adhere and play "by the rules" sometimes... but ppl in particular... blacks, they accept defeat/submission without even trying to put up a fight. Its almost like well this is how it is and ill grow to accept it, in turn transform into i will love it... into it is better aka theres the black way and then theres the white aka right way.

Its gotten to a point to which again blacks in particular have an attitude if you cant beat em, join em... and with joining them, all is good and ill get in and be seen as equal/accepted then. And when their not, its either ignored and dismissed, or turn to well at least i have xyz possesion/object thats worth money, or well its apart of gods plan, itll work itself out, everything happens for a reason etc...

Or you have the arm chair coalition... ill act outraged and will speak out, oppose it... via just on twitter, facebook....solely because society etc is doing it and expect me to do so. but when it comes to voicing those said opinions and injustices in a forum/setting where it will resound and make a difference, they will zip lips, tuck tail, and be on some tow line, i dont wanna make waves, stir up trouble, dont wanna risk my false approval/acceptance..

On some i worked to hard, kissed too too many axxes, changed and conformed to much, to throw it all away on something that doesnt directly affect me. But i still wanna seem like im "down" and real, represent my ppl...so ill voice it, speak on it again in a private setting that wont envoke any difference aka social media with friends, aka barber/beauty shop, aka with friends kicking it etc.

trust... i recognize it.. 

I've spoken on it countless times....

minorities were put in a hole that white people feel we should have dug ourselves out of by now..... as if we stand on equal ground in 2014

the country has a white base and white roots..... the governrment was started by white people and the rules were made by white people

the money is controlled by white people.... and the land was claimed by white people

like Chris Rock said in one of his specials, ".... a one legged white bus boy wouldn't change places with me.... and I'm RICH"

it's ridiculous to deny that minorities are at a MAJOR disadvantage ...we are

but if we're ever going to gain some ground, we need to respect ourselves more..... respect each other more .... we're shooting ourselves in the foot

we can control how we treat each other, but unfortunately we can't control how others treat us .....
aight cool... Thanks for the clarification, famb.

exactly my point my man... i get you have to adhere and play "by the rules" sometimes... but ppl in particular... blacks, they accept defeat/submission without even trying to put up a fight. Its almost like well this is how it is and ill grow to accept it, in turn transform into i will love it... into it is better aka theres the black way and then theres the white aka right way.

Its gotten to a point to which again blacks in particular have an attitude if you cant beat em, join em... and with joining them, all is good and ill get in and be seen as equal/accepted then. And when their not, its either ignored and dismissed, or turn to well at least i have xyz possesion/object thats worth money, or well its apart of gods plan, itll work itself out, everything happens for a reason etc...

Or you have the arm chair coalition... ill act outraged and will speak out, oppose it... via just on twitter, facebook....solely because society etc is doing it and expect me to do so. but when it comes to voicing those said opinions and injustices in a forum/setting where it will resound and make a difference, they will zip lips, tuck tail, and be on some tow line, i dont wanna make waves, stir up trouble, dont wanna risk my false approval/acceptance..

On some i worked to hard, kissed too too many axxes, changed and conformed to much, to throw it all away on something that doesnt directly affect me. But i still wanna seem like im "down" and real, represent my ppl...so ill voice it, speak on it again in a private setting that wont envoke any difference aka social media with friends, aka barber/beauty shop, aka with friends kicking it etc.

Stop generalizing.

So if Mark Cuban crosses the street when he sees a black person wearing a hoodie he's being prejudice but when Zimmerman called the cops because he saw a black person in a hoodie he was being a racist?

I quit

Stop generalizing.
how pretale am i generalizing... Um what changes outcries have been made? What changes etc.. have occured in the last 20 yrs or so on a major scale? Ok you had a oj simpson "case" but that by and large was a certain area section of ppl and that was a incident of violence. And um ok the million man march....

So what other and there have been thousands on a major scale in the last decade or two. To which ppl in particular of color stood up and fought outside of again speaking about it amongst one another, showing disgust via social media... or well we sit back sing we shall overcome... let god handle it...its in gods hands.

How about Jena 6, Mrs Johnston in Bankhead GA., The black man dragged to death in mississippi, Hell Fruitville Station...( hell black folks didnt even go out and really even support the movie, so you damn sure know they didnt stand up and speak out about it) Trayvon Martin ( hell all they did was standout side of court and speak in tongues sing prayers.... not that, thats ever brought about change...that and bootleg tshirts etc and made a profit off the situation to which the family saw nothing) The incident in seattle, the kids shot for confusing a ipod with a gun in harlem...

I mean i could go on and on..so if im incorrect please inform me what was done by blacks as a whole to take and effective stance, speak out and show disproval of certain injustices...

I mean i could see your point if you could prove more ppl stood out and flooded the courtroom/town halls on a issue such as the man in texas who was proven innocent, yet despite the fact was already assigned to execution was killed anyway... then a jordan release. I could see your point if the more black ppl new/viewed shahrazed ali then scandal...

But end of the day the stats , the numbers, and the lack of social and societal change shows if i am generalizing, it still hold truths.

So if Mark Cuban crosses the street when he sees a black person wearing a hoodie he's being prejudice but when Zimmerman called the cops because he saw a black person in a hoodie he was being a racist?

I quit

Ruh oh. That's too logical bro

See obvious lack of logic. So crossing the street = calling the cops on someone and referring to them as a criminal?

how pretale am i generalizing... Um what changes outcries have been made? What changes etc.. have occured in the last 20 yrs or so on a major scale? Ok you had a oj simpson "case" but that by and large was a certain area section of ppl and that was a incident of violence. And um ok the million man march....

So what other and there have been thousands on a major scale in the last decade or two. To which ppl in particular of color stood up and fought outside of again speaking about it amongst one another, showing disgust via social media... or well we sit back sing we shall overcome... let god handle it...its in gods hands.

How about Jena 6, Mrs Johnston in Bankhead GA., The black man dragged to death in mississippi, Hell Fruitville Station...( hell black folks didnt even go out and really even support the movie, so you damn sure know they didnt stand up and speak out about it) Trayvon Martin ( hell all they did was standout side of court and speak in tongues sing prayers.... not that, thats ever brought about change...that and bootleg tshirts etc and made a profit off the situation to which the family saw nothing) The incident in seattle, the kids shot for confusing a ipod with a gun in harlem...

I mean i could go on and on..so if im incorrect please inform me what was done by blacks as a whole to take and effective stance, speak out and show disproval of certain injustices...

I mean i could see your point if you could prove more ppl stood out and flooded the courtroom/town halls on a issue such as the man in texas who was proven innocent, yet despite the fact was already assigned to execution was killed anyway... then a jordan release. I could see your point if the more black ppl new/viewed shahrazed ali then scandal...

But end of the day the stats , the numbers, and the lack of social and societal change shows if i am generalizing, it still hold truths.

Some of these comments are ridiculous

So because some stuff happens, nothing has changed and nobody is doing anything? Are any of those events the norm? The sheer fact you know about them shows you something. That means they are abnormal.

Just like I hear how nobody cares about Chicago

Meanwhile you have ordinary citizens that patrol the streets. Also organizations volunteering and trying to be mentors. Does that get publicized?

So speak for yourself. You aren't doing anything, instead of generalizing what other people are doing and have accomplished.

What are you doing? Because when people start complaining about how things are and what other people are doing or not doing. That's the first thing I ask. What are you doing?

Last edited:

I quit

Would Mark Cuban cross the street in a white guy in a hoody?
Would Zimmerman call the cops on a white person in a hoody?

To be racist, you have to be prejudiced.

See obvious lack of logic. So crossing the street = calling the cops on someone and referring to them as a criminal?

That's not the point. The point is people are picking and choosing what is racist and what is prejudice making what Cuban said "ok" and sterling the devil. Obvious lack of reading comprehension.

Last edited:
Ppl complicate the simplest of things. The main fact is in this country (and really the world) "Black" skin is volatile, criminal, devalued, over generalized, etc. Even the examples Cuban brought forth, one of them is wearing a normal piece of clothing but is incriminated by something they're born with and can never get rid of. A white guy with a shaved head and tattoos is incriminated by the choices he made, not anything he's born with. And on top of that, at any given day can choose to reverse the so called incriminating variables. How ppl don't see the big and true picture here beats me. We live in a white supremacist system. Point. Blank. Period. The closer to white you look, the better off. The further away from that, well good luck. It can get very, very gloom...

You'll cross the street until you find out how good their jumper is and how well they can handle the rock. Than you're best buds with them, and they can help you make money. While giving them peanuts in comparison to the revenue brought in. Great ppl we have here. That's why I was saying it's sad to see Sterling being used as some sort of scapegoat when this is how society functions and runs. The owners are all the same. Whether they say ish like that or not. Owners, CEO's, judges, lawyers, whatever. It's all the same...

I quit

Ruh oh. That's too logical bro

Exactly. If you dont see the difference between the two, maybe you should quit.

Hell, if Zimmerman had crossed the street if he saw Trayvon, he would not have been on the news

Some of these comments are ridiculous

So because some stuff happens, nothing has changed and nobody is doing anything? Are any of those events the norm? The sheer fact you know about them shows you something. That means they are abnormal.

Just like I hear how nobody cares about Chicago

Meanwhile you have ordinary citizens that patrol the streets. Also organizations volunteering and trying to be mentors. Does that get publicized?

So speak for yourself. You aren't doing anything, instead of generalizing what other people are doing and have accomplished.

What are you doing? Because when people start complaining about how things are and what other people are doing or not doing. That's the first thing I ask.
i didnt say no one... now whose generalizing...and said in most part most/majority do not... big difference. And as far as those events...yes they are the norm.. and thats the problem. Things like that happen everyday all day. Its just again tying into sterling....pl only wanna have outrage speak out when it is a headline or when it is socialize accpeted to do so.

Case and point sterling and it has been reported/publized all the housing discrimination he has done for DECADES... nothing was said, not a mumm. Then a friggin illegally reported taping in which he used racial undertones and everyone is up in arms...

So basically its ok so you can illegally kick us out of homes, mismanage property, underpay us...etc thats fine. But i draw the line when you talk down to me on a leaked phone call recording...lol. Same owner what, i think the same thing...did a disrespectful jester in terms of black history month. Was there a big outcry/backlash...um NO.

Hell we even had a thread about it on here and half the same ppl saying/speaking out on this was lol, making meme's, goofy gifs etc.. of the situation. So how is that incident as well as others differ. Because they are social, and the mass majority of society approved of ppl to be upset and speak out on it. And so after the approval of ole massa, folks decide to speak out.

This incident isnt some type of rare anomaly. This type of thing happens all the time. Again am i saying all ppl NO. But rest assure it applies to the majority.

According to the discussion, yes.
you can prejudge someone or stereotype a person... and it has nothing to do with race. ie: could see a person overweight and assume they are slow, lazy, sorry etc... that wouldnt be exclusive to a race. that could be applied to all overweight ppl.

Same way if someone mistreat discriminate against a person due to sexual orientation. That isnt exclusively based on race moreso then homosexuality in general. Or when ppl see tall lanky ppl and just w/o knowing them assume they play bball.

I mean we all do it to some extent.. Be it hearing a person with a country twang and assuming they arent up pace/fast street saavy as a person with a northern accent.

Thats a far cry from mistreating/discriminating violating etc... all persons of a particular race solely on a skintone/racial element.

i didnt say no one... now whose generalizing...and said in most part most/majority do not... big difference. And as far as those events...yes they are the norm.. and thats the problem. Things like that happen everyday all day. Its just again tying into sterling....pl only wanna have outrage speak out when it is a headline or when it is socialize accpeted to do so.

Case and point sterling and it has been reported/publized all the housing discrimination he has done for DECADES... nothing was said, not a mumm. Then a friggin illegally reported taping in which he used racial undertones and everyone is up in arms...

So basically its ok so you can illegally kick us out of homes, mismanage property, underpay us...etc thats fine. But i draw the line when you talk down to me on a leaked phone call recording...lol. Same owner what, i think the same thing...did a disrespectful jester in terms of black history month. Was there a big outcry/backlash...um NO.

Hell we even had a thread about it on here and half the same ppl saying/speaking out on this was lol, making meme's, goofy gifs etc.. of the situation. So how is that incident as well as others differ. Because they are social, and the mass majority of society approved of ppl to be upset and speak out on it. And so after the approval of ole massa, folks decide to speak out.

This incident isnt some type of rare anomaly. This type of thing happens all the time. Again am i saying all ppl NO. But rest assure it applies to the majority.

If nothing was said or done about Sterling and his housing discrimination. How did it come to light? Why was he caught? Why did he have to pay a settlement? Why did numerous people write on it?

When you say blacks...you are generalizing. Maybe you do not realize that. Which is why I said stop.

We are not a monolith. We do not all act the same. We do not move as one. We do not think the same.

So again, like I was saying before....stop generalizing.

If you feel a way, YOU need to do something and stop complaining about what others are doing and don't care about.

you can prejudge someone or stereotype a person... and it has nothing to do with race. ie: could see a person overweight and assume they are slow, lazy, sorry etc... that wouldnt be exclusive to a race. that could be applied to all overweight ppl.

Same way if someone mistreat discriminate against a person due to sexual orientation. That isnt exclusively based on race moreso then homosexuality in general. Or when ppl see tall lanky ppl and just w/o knowing them assume they play bball.

I mean we all do it to some extent.. Be it hearing a person with a country twang and assuming they arent up pace/fast street saavy as a person with a northern accent.

Thats a far cry from mistreating/discriminating violating etc... all persons of a particular race solely on a skintone/racial element.
But who's to say someone is doing one and not the other based on "crossing the street" or "calling the cops"? That's the point.

Lol.. exactly

one dude crosses the street to avoid conflict and mind his business....

the other dude calls the cops for no reason and then FOLLOWS the person they're cautious of...

But who's to say someone is doing one and not the other based on "crossing the street" or "calling the cops"? That's the point.
true and thats the slippery slope cause depending on the person it could...i agree fit both. With cuban in all honesty i believe it did. He inadvertly admitted it so.

Ppl complicate the simplest of things. The main fact is in this country (and really the world) "Black" skin is volatile, criminal, devalued, over generalized, etc. Even the examples Cuban brought forth, one of them is wearing a normal piece of clothing but is incriminated by something they're born with and can never get rid of. A white guy with a shaved head and tattoos is incriminated by the choices he made, not anything he's born with. And on top of that, at any given day can choose to reverse the so called incriminating variables. How ppl don't see the big and true picture here beats me. We live in a white supremacist system. Point. Blank. Period. The closer to white you look, the better off. The further away from that, well good luck. It can get very, very gloom...

You'll cross the street until you find out how good their jumper is and how well they can handle the rock. Than you're best buds with them, and they can help you make money. While giving them peanuts in comparison to the revenue brought in. Great ppl we have here. That's why I was saying it's sad to see Sterling being used as some sort of scapegoat when this is how society functions and runs. The owners are all the same. Whether they say ish like that or not. Owners, CEO's, judges, lawyers, whatever. It's all the same...

Repped!

I quit
Zimmerman DIDN'T CROSS THE STREET. If he simply crossed the street we wouldn't know who trayvon was. He racially profiled a teenager, he then followed/provoked an incident, then shot and killed an unarmed kid.

Your point ain't even in the same ballpark or league.

Cuban made a dumb reference.  Is their any data that says black teenagers with hoodies commit crimes and kill people and if you see one you better run in the house and lock the door?  Is this what america is really scared of  ? Since when was this america's nightmare?

I can see a ski mask but a hoodie? smh

You guys are missing the point. It's not about the action, it's about what fuels the action.you can be racist and "cross the street" too the same way someone can do it over prejudice.

I think everyone gets the first part. Haven't seen anyone debate that.

I don't agree with everything you said in the second part of your comment because that implies that Cuban doesn't like black people unless they can make him money. I don't believe Cuban is like that. I'm cautious of a lot of people I don't know personally.

You do however make a very valid point about stereotypes you're born with (skin color) , which makes it totally different from stereotypes you CHOSE to put yourself into (tattoos, clothing, etc)

Back
Top Bottom