LeBron 21

Yes. Hit us with the normal colorways first (i.e. black/white, white/black, navy, etc.), then release the other stuff. And, yeah, quit it with the white jerseys at away games, as well as shoes that don't match the uniforms.

For real, I wish players had more fashionable and complimentary tact. I remember when it was announced that the NBA would let players rock whatever color kicks they wanted and everyone - me included - was like "this is dope, this league lets players have fun."

What I didn't account for is that players on the Knicks and Bulls would rock the Kobe Grinches. Like c'mon, bro., Nike makes PEs for you, get something that compliments your team's primary colors lol

They've run out of ideas with the City Jerseys (artists on twitter make better designs for their teams after every win) and the tourney courts are an eye sore, makes me not want to watch.

For real, I wish players had more fashionable and complimentary tact. I remember when it was announced that the NBA would let players rock whatever color kicks they wanted and everyone - me included - was like "this is dope, this league lets players have fun."

What I didn't account for is that players on the Knicks and Bulls would rock the Kobe Grinches. Like c'mon, bro., Nike makes PEs for you, get something that compliments your team's primary colors lol
"this is dope, this league lets players have fun."
Guess it’s not dope anymore :lol:

Yes. Hit us with the normal colorways first (i.e. black/white, white/black, navy, etc.), then release the other stuff. And, yeah, quit it with the white jerseys at away games, as well as shoes that don't match the uniforms.
May as well go back to everyone wearing suits and ties on the bench, coaches and sidelines, that would be :emoji_fire:

IMG_0264.jpeg

Finally got my hands on these, they look nicer in person in my opinion. Gonna take some pics soon! Stay tuned…. 🤞🏽

Like most, I thought the freedom of expression would be good and players would have less exclusives/player editions.

I didn’t realize that it would look so AAU-ish out there. Dudes just don’t even try to color coordinate. Looks juvenile and Christmas, Easter, MLK, or Other holiday editions look so meaningless now.

It really doesn't bother me, and does kind of scream "get off my lawn!" *shrugs* I'm 37 by the way. But it's contradicting to say, "they get to wear what the want, the NBA is fun! Awesome, freedom of expression!" Then be like, "this is no fun now! They can express themselves but set parameters."

It's been like this for over a decade now and they were putting out dope ASG, BHM, XMas, Easter, etc. colorways for the first half of that time period. How about Nike just does a better job at putting out better colorways, or get better/newer/fresher designers?

It really doesn't bother me, and does kind of scream "get off my lawn!" *shrugs* I'm 37 by the way. But it's contradicting to say, "they get to wear what the want, the NBA is fun! Awesome, freedom of expression!" Then be like, "this is no fun now! They can express themselves but set parameters."

It's been like this for over a decade now and they were putting out dope ASG, BHM, XMas, Easter, etc. colorways for the first half of that time period. How about Nike just does a better job at putting out better colorways, or get better/newer/fresher designers?
The issue with that is Players still going to have exclusives. The dopeness back in the day was anything you saw Jordan wear, you could cop. The original problem with PEs was they were so exclusive, but at least they still matched the team’s colors and had a purpose. Now there’s so many exclusives or “Friends and family” colorways that make no sense and just exist to drive demand up. Good for business, bad for consumer.

I agree, Nike does need to do better. They made some great colorways for LeBron on the 20 and the NXXT that were player exclusives and some not so great colorways for general release. They need someone that can actually decipher what’s good and what’s not.

Granted, I understand why the players wear all these non-matching, weird, crazy, and/or trash colorways: just about all modern basketball shoes look terrible with casual clothes these days and it’s the only justifiable place they can wear them and “look cool.”🤷🏾‍♂️

It started in 2008 prior to the 08-09 season when certain brands asked David Stern if the players can deviate from teams wearing he same shoes so they could better market their products. Stern bender and allowed players to wear shoes but they have to have their respective team’s DNA as far as color on said shoe. Example lets the Celtics, you have KG and Perk wearing black/green shoes for a road game (with black socks), and you’d have Paul Pierce rockin white/green (with blk socks).

Miss the days when you’d have a number of teams wear white shoes during the regular season, but when the playoffs started the team will wear black shoes. And yes I know the Bulls pioneered that so relax

There were some breaks from the normal prior like Kobe wearing the all purple/gold Hyperdunk in spring of ‘08. In 2014, Bron asked Adam Silver if he could wear those teal/orange LeBron 12 when the Cavs played the Heat prior to the 14-15 season kicks off.

Btw black socks with white shoes is horrible. When that sock brand had the nba contract from 2015-2017, they had their logo pattern on the heel. Horrible!

Last edited:
Teams be looking like power rangers sometimes.

If I’m GSW and we’re wearing the blue uniforms I’m gonna wear blue compression tights etc. I’m not gonna wear white lol

Stance socks were way more comfortable than the nike elites though lol.
I don’t do nba elite socks. They hunch up and cause friction as least for me. I’m constantly getting my corns and calloused serviced.

Stance to me are/were Not as comfortable as the nba brand socks.

Those were plush.

The issue with that is Players still going to have exclusives. The dopeness back in the day was anything you saw Jordan wear, you could cop. The original problem with PEs was they were so exclusive, but at least they still matched the team’s colors and had a purpose. Now there’s so many exclusives or “Friends and family” colorways that make no sense and just exist to drive demand up. Good for business, bad for consumer.

I agree, Nike does need to do better. They made some great colorways for LeBron on the 20 and the NXXT that were player exclusives and some not so great colorways for general release. They need someone that can actually decipher what’s good and what’s not.

Granted, I understand why the players wear all these non-matching, weird, crazy, and/or trash colorways: just about all modern basketball shoes look terrible with casual clothes these days and it’s the only justifiable place they can wear them and “look cool.”🤷🏾‍♂️

Great points here.

KD 9 and KD 10 was a gem by the colorway s could’ve been better. Especially if they dropped those GSW flavors. He plays/played for the Warriors, fan base loyal to the soul, yet they dropped these poo poo color ways. And then they wonder why they didn’t move units

can't win either way. when they were making standard team colorways, people wanted the bright/unique colorways. now that it's all crayola colorways, people want more team based colorways.

I'm 100% on those abalone. Birthday gift to myself.

Not sure why the disapproval of the material on the Tahitian. I think the sheen adds a nice pop. My local Hibbett only got them in GS sizes so I got to see them but couldn't judge what they would look like in my size. I was going back and forth between those and the dragon pearl and ended up finding the pearls on ebay for 125 DS so couldn't pass. I'll try to take some clean shots when they touch down.

I don’t do nba elite socks. They hunch up and cause friction as least for me. I’m constantly getting my corns and calloused serviced.

Stance to me are/were Not as comfortable as the nba brand socks.

Those were plush.
what we wearing for basketball socks these days?

I honestly had gotten some unbranded performance whites from champs and theyre nice. I find NBA elite just don't last

Forbarefeet NBA socks are just ok to me. The ones that were used before Stance took the contract.

Stance has better feel and cushioning but don't last as long. Nike NBA socks are little too restrictive.

Back
Top Bottom