Lebron already won in his mind.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

LeBron won in life. Dude has $100+ million dollars. His finances can rid all of his basketball sorrows.

If that's his goal... then yeah he won years ago. I really hope that is not his goal though

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Lebron > Jordan.

Not even kidding.

lulz
roll.gif

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

In Lebrons mind he probably hasnt lost yet in his career either.

Um. Because he hasn't.
grin.gif

Yes, he's lost in his 2 Finals appearances. But can we stop acting like everything else he's done in his career is a flop, or something?

Like I stated in another post, name someone in the league right now, not named Duncan or Bryant, whose had a better career than him thus far.
nerd.gif

Saying "He hasn't lost yet... because there's no one in the league that has had a career better than his" is looking at things as too black & white.

Yes, he has had a PHENOMONAL career so far, but that doesn't mean he's had a PERFECT career.

Yes, he has lost. Twice.

There's an EXTREMELY long list of players who had GREAT careers, but never won it all; right now, he's on that list.

Sounds like that comment was made in a moment of deep jock riding ecstasy.

Thats like when someone calls a rapper wack, some ol green *!% dude always says, "but they gettin money, doe..".

It is disgusting how much stock we put in money and material things.

This whole "but he got money tho" generation is pathetic.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Saying "He hasn't lost yet... because there's no one in the league that has had a career better than his" is looking at things as too black & white.

Yes, he has had a PHENOMONAL career so far, but that doesn't mean he's had a PERFECT career.

Yes, he has lost. Twice.

There's an EXTREMELY long list of players who had GREAT careers, but never won it all; right now, he's on that list.

I disagree.

Putting it in that context just says, if we're gonna criticize him for his "Failures", where's the criticism for his peers?
Why isn't there 8 threads on the front page for Carmelo, Dwight, CP3?

I start to think his critics are people who just despise him & are MAYBE a lil insecure that it's inevitable that one day he'll surpass their favorite guy(whomever that maybe) in terms of success(Championships, MVPs, etc.)

Let's see:

Lebron grew up dirt poor and had a rough childhood with a druggie mother and no father.
Now, he has a loving wife and, I believe, completely healthy kids. He can financially support anyone in his life in any possible manner. He is known around the world. He is a superstar basketball player. He seems to be have a good number of close friends in his profession and in his life.

If it's an either/or proposition, only the jealous, petty and insecure would say he has lost.

Honestly, I despise people who seriously listen for even 5 seconds to buffoons like Screaming' A Smith and Skip Bayless. Please find a better use of time.

Again, saying he's losing in LIFE is extremely ignornant, but saying he lost in the Finals in 2007 and 2011 is... well, it's literal and factual; no hate at all.

Why is there not a thread on Melo, CP3, others who don't have championships? Honestly, because they're not as good as him. Straight up. Dwight has lost a Finals, but no one talks about it because no one's talking about him going down as one of the greatest players EVER; that discussion definitely takes place w/ Lebron.

'potentially one of the greatest ever, lost in the Finals'

There's a thread on every person in the league who fits that description.

If the benchmark is Jordan...

Then Lebron ain't surpassing +*@% unless he goes on an unprecented stretch of dominance within the next 10 years w/ no major injuries.

FWIW, he turns 28 at the end of the year. He's close to peaking.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Let's see:

Lebron grew up dirt poor and had a rough childhood with a druggie mother and no father.
Now, he has a loving wife and, I believe, completely healthy kids. He can financially support anyone in his life in any possible manner. He is known around the world. He is a superstar basketball player. He seems to be have a good number of close friends in his profession and in his life.

If it's an either/or proposition, only the jealous, petty and insecure would say he has lost.

Honestly, I despise people who seriously listen for even 5 seconds to buffoons like Screaming' A Smith and Skip Bayless. Please find a better use of time.

Great post.
pimp.gif

Let's say he never wins a ring, could he ever be in a consensus top 10?

Is 1 ring the difference between him being top 10, or not?

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Then Lebron ain't surpassing +*@% unless he goes on an unprecented stretch of dominance within the next 10 years w/ no major injuries.

That may not be a bad thing. He's about to win this year's MVP and his team is the favorite to win it all. Not sure what you expect from him.

The expectations placed on LeBron are ridiculous. Like someone posted, how come no one posts about CP3 / Melo and their playoff failures....hell, even Dwight. Basically, anyone other than Kobe or Jordan... 
laugh.gif

Even if LeBron wins 6 straight rings starting this year, you guys will say it was because of Wade. But no one ever brings up Pippen, Rodman, Phil when talking about Jordan's accomplishments.

The hate is so strong. I'm a Kobe fan btw so I'm just tired of seeing transcendant talents get bashed when in reality, we should just appreciate them.

There will never be another Jordan, Kobe, LeBron, etc.

Originally Posted by MBen32

Let's say he never wins a ring, could he ever be in a consensus top 10?

Is 1 ring the difference between him being top 10, or not?

This right here is a better question/topic than the current one we're in. 

Off the cuff, any member of the "top 10" has multiple titles outside of Jerry West, who went to like 10 Finals, just could never beat Russell.  West has one lone title. 

Any other names, MJ, Kareem, Russ, Bird, Magic, Wilt, Shaq, Dream, Kobe, all have multiple.  In fact, more than just 2 except Wilt and Dream. 

So I don't know where that leaves people.  Do they put someone without a title amongst those names, or drop him in that 10-15 slot just outside those names?  Depends on the person's criteria I would assume. 

Oscar Robertson only won 1 title. Pretty sure people consider him to be a top 10 player of all time.

Originally Posted by aztec06jr

That may not be a bad thing. He's about to win this year's MVP and his team is the favorite to win it all. Not sure what you expect from him.

Lebron has been favorited to "win it all" for about the past 4 years now. His last two in Cleveland, last year...and this year. Not sure what point you're making.

All I'm saying is that right now...odds are against him in being crowned as the goat one day if we're using MJ as the benchmark.

Ya'll can cry about unfair expectations all you want but it's pro sports. Deal w/ it. Nobody randomly picked Lebron and said "You're next". He's arguably the greatest "talent" the game has ever seen...so why wouldn't that kind of burden be placed upon his shoulders?

Ya'll acting like this is something new and people are "picking" on Lebron.

In all sports there have been PHENOMENAL talents who despite amazing feats and accomplishments have been criticized. Quit with the whole "oh they just hatin on Bron Bron" routine. @!!!'s getting old now.

The guy is going to end up being a top 10 player ever, why isn't that good enough for some people? Do you realize how hard that is?  Is LeBron extremely talented naturally? Of course, but for every LeBron who came out of high-school, there is a Lenny Cooke or a handful of other guys.  
Guys are playing better later in their career than ever before, why is it a stretch to thing one of the best athletes the game ever has seen is not going to be an effective player till his 36 or so?

If LeBron ends up with a career similar to Oscar Robertson or Wilt, he would still be one of the best players ever.  Jordan really @%%*%% up people's perspectives about what accomplished actually means.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

The guy is going to end up being a top 10 player ever, why isn't that good enough for some people? Do you realize how hard that is?  Is LeBron extremely talented naturally? Of course, but for every LeBron who came out of high-school, there is a Lenny Cooke or a handful of other guys.  
Guys are playing better later in their career than ever before, why is it a stretch to thing one of the best athletes the game ever has seen is not going to be an effective player till his 36 or so?

If LeBron ends up with a career similar to Oscar Robertson or Wilt, he would still be one of the best players ever.  Jordan really @%%*%% up people's perspectives about what accomplished actually means.

this, and the media's search for the "next jordan" 
Honestly, all he needed was 1championship... but he ruined that by saying "not 1, not 2, not 3..." 

Now he will be held by both standards throughout his career

Originally Posted by John Mayer

looks at SN, oh we off material goods now????

indifferent.gif
 SN is a Lil B reference

Please go -----------------------> that way 

$!$+ boy.
then you must have quite a discerning taste for identifying winners.

Hmmm now should i or shouldn't i hit the report button for you partially edited flame/attack. since i do recall using those characters still infer cursing.

or should i let you cook?
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom