Lebron Hopes Cavs Will Retire His Jersey

time heals all wounds
Exactly.  I'm sure Lebron will have his jersey retired after his basketball career is over, regardless if Gilbert is still the owner or not.

Did he do all the right things, no...but don't sit here and play folks for fools saying that the Cleveland fanbase wouldn't have as much venom towards the man if he gave praise to the franchise before he left...c'mon now. 

.......but Lebron didn't which is where the added venom stems from and his warranted.  Besides, talk about trying to play folks for fools, dude gets on national TV for a 1 hour special and says that he made his decision to join the Miami Heat that very morning as he rolled out of bed.........
eyes.gif
.  As if that decision was made the morning of, yeah right.  I wont even talk about that phony charity for the community center that he did. 

time heals all wounds
Exactly.  I'm sure Lebron will have his jersey retired after his basketball career is over, regardless if Gilbert is still the owner or not.

Did he do all the right things, no...but don't sit here and play folks for fools saying that the Cleveland fanbase wouldn't have as much venom towards the man if he gave praise to the franchise before he left...c'mon now. 

.......but Lebron didn't which is where the added venom stems from and his warranted.  Besides, talk about trying to play folks for fools, dude gets on national TV for a 1 hour special and says that he made his decision to join the Miami Heat that very morning as he rolled out of bed.........
eyes.gif
.  As if that decision was made the morning of, yeah right.  I wont even talk about that phony charity for the community center that he did. 

Originally Posted by Deuce King

eyes.gif
I agree w. most of what you are saying....but at the end of the day it was a lose/lose for Lebron.  He could have handled his impending free agency with class, and the Cleveland fanbase would hate him just as much.  The fact that he is from Ohio didn't make things any easier....if he had no ties to the state, maybe things would be different. 

eyes.gif
I agree w. most of what you are saying....but at the end of the day it was a lose/lose for Lebron.  He could have handled his impending free agency with class, and the Cleveland fanbase would hate him just as much.  The fact that he is from Ohio didn't make things any easier....if he had no ties to the state, maybe things would be different. 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

eyes.gif
Yeah you're right, it was a lose/lose situation for Lebron but the way he handled it just made this lose/lose situation as bad as possible for himself...........I mean REALLY bad.  Either way, he did it to himself.  

eyes.gif
Yeah you're right, it was a lose/lose situation for Lebron but the way he handled it just made this lose/lose situation as bad as possible for himself...........I mean REALLY bad.  Either way, he did it to himself.  

Originally Posted by SenatorJeffSmith

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

This guy
roll.gif

LeBron James is preparing for an emotional return to Cleveland as a member of the visiting team on Thursday night.

He was asked on Tuesday whether he'd eventually like to see his jersey hanging in the rafters at Quicken Loans Arena.

"Wow. Of course," James said. "If that's something that organization and franchise would do, I'm all respectful of that. I just tried to be the best player I could be every night, whether I was in that Cavalier uniform, that USA uniform. If that results in me having my jersey retired that would be great."

James added that he'll be ready for whatever response he receives when the Heat battle the Cavaliers in Cleveland later this week.

"I'm ready for whatever response I'm going to get," James said. "It's going to be very emotional. I give a lot of thanks to that city, a lot of thanks to those fans for giving me the opportunity to not only showcase my talent, but to grow from a young boy to a man during my seven years. So it's going to be very emotionally draining. I can tell already."

http://realgm.com/src_wir..._will_retire_his_jersey/
Bum should have said this in July then he wouldn't need the Secret Service when he comes to Cleveland.

Please...no matter how he handled his free agency decision, there would be crab $$@ Cavs fans who would have the SAME reaction when he goes to the Q on the 2nd.  It was a lose/lose situation for Lebron.  Did he do all the right things, no...but don't sit here and play folks for fools saying that the Cleveland fanbase wouldn't have as much venom towards the man if he gave praise to the franchise before he left...c'mon now. 

No ... he did NOT do the right things.

YEARS ago he said he isn't leaving until he brings a ring back to Ohio. His coward +!@ left, ran away from that, and didn't fulfill that promise he made COUNTLESS times.

This guy
roll.gif

LeBron James is preparing for an emotional return to Cleveland as a member of the visiting team on Thursday night.

He was asked on Tuesday whether he'd eventually like to see his jersey hanging in the rafters at Quicken Loans Arena.

"Wow. Of course," James said. "If that's something that organization and franchise would do, I'm all respectful of that. I just tried to be the best player I could be every night, whether I was in that Cavalier uniform, that USA uniform. If that results in me having my jersey retired that would be great."

James added that he'll be ready for whatever response he receives when the Heat battle the Cavaliers in Cleveland later this week.

"I'm ready for whatever response I'm going to get," James said. "It's going to be very emotional. I give a lot of thanks to that city, a lot of thanks to those fans for giving me the opportunity to not only showcase my talent, but to grow from a young boy to a man during my seven years. So it's going to be very emotionally draining. I can tell already."

Bum should have said this in July then he wouldn't need the Secret Service when he comes to Cleveland.

Please...no matter how he handled his free agency decision, there would be crab $$@ Cavs fans who would have the SAME reaction when he goes to the Q on the 2nd.  It was a lose/lose situation for Lebron.  Did he do all the right things, no...but don't sit here and play folks for fools saying that the Cleveland fanbase wouldn't have as much venom towards the man if he gave praise to the franchise before he left...c'mon now. 

YEARS ago he said he isn't leaving until he brings a ring back to Ohio. His coward +!@ left, ran away from that, and didn't fulfill that promise he made COUNTLESS times.

Originally Posted by bittersweet

This guy
roll.gif

Originally Posted by bittersweet

This guy
roll.gif

This guy
roll.gif

You cannot possibly believe that.

THIS is how you leave a city that adores you on the right terms...

Amare_ThankYou1.jpg

That crap and theatrics that Lebron pulled on National TV was a joke and disgrace to the league and a slap in the face to Ohio. He didn't even tell the GM that he was leaving, one of his "friends" did.

Leave all that lose/lose talk at the door. If he wanted to leave on a good note, he absolutely could have.

This guy
roll.gif

You cannot possibly believe that.

THIS is how you leave a city that adores you on the right terms...

Amare_ThankYou1.jpg

That crap and theatrics that Lebron pulled on National TV was a joke and disgrace to the league and a slap in the face to Ohio. He didn't even tell the GM that he was leaving, one of his "friends" did.

Leave all that lose/lose talk at the door. If he wanted to leave on a good note, he absolutely could have.

Back
Top Bottom