LeBron Humiliating Himself - The Definitive Takedown

Since you're on NT, I'll assume you know the story of Bron getting dunked on by Crawford at his basketball camp and the ensuing videotape confiscationhe ordered.

Slate just put up an article that pretty accurately and succinctly destroys Bron for acting like he did.

Go here http://www.slate.com/id/2223387/ to read it.

Article highlights - a clip of the Man Himself, Jordan, losing a casual game of best to 3 one-on-one at his own basketball camp. After the loss, Damon Wayansmakes fun of him "how do you feel about being humiliated?" and Jordan explains "that's life. You get dunked on, you get crossed over."Basically, Jordan acts like a man with dignity. Losing is part of the game.

The point is to act with class. Jordan always shook hands after a game, even though he was one of the legendary trash talkers in the league during the game.After Bron acting like a petulant child and not giving the Magic a handshake, it's hard to argue with the article's conclusion that Bron is an amazingplayer, but a really poor sportsman.

(My own take on Bron is that in 3 years - after he learns how to play individual D without hacking, to move his feet better, to have a post game, to run anoffense that isn't him dribbling around until he shoots or passes - when he gets to the point where his game matches his athleticism, he'll be as goodas anyone who's ever played. But right now, he has shortcomings on the court, and when he gets to Kobe's age and can't jump and move like he isnow, it'll be even more obvious. The best player in the game to me is probably Kobe, and Wade is a really close second. Bron is the best athlete in the NBAbut he's only the third best basketball player. So I'm not really hating on Bron, I just want him to grow up, act like a man, and take his lumps.It's the only way you get better.

I'm not a big Lebron fan, but I respect his game. I just find it amazing that after one small incident, that a lot of people frowned upon, people continueto search for the negative. He didn't shake the other teams hand, so what. He got dunked on, so what it's basketball, that's a part of the game.I'm surprised he didn't receive the royal bashing for admitting to smoking weed. Dude was flawless in just about everyones eyes until the conferencefinals. Now a few months later we are discussing his takedown or downfall. Are you kidding me!? We sometimes put stars on too high a pedestal and forget thatthey are human.

Originally Posted by blacklion23

I'm not a big Lebron fan, but I respect his game. I just find it amazing that after one small incident, that a lot of people frowned upon, people continue to search for the negative. He didn't shake the other teams hand, so what. He got dunked on, so what it's basketball, that's a part of the game. I'm surprised he didn't receive the royal bashing for admitting to smoking weed. Dude was flawless in just about everyones eyes until the conference finals. Now a few months later we are discussing his takedown or downfall. Are you kidding me!? We sometimes put stars on too high a pedestal and forget that they are human.
i respect and love lebron's game, but hes just held in higher regards compared to his peers... it sucks, but it is what it is. people alreadythink he's a punk for not shaking hands, and now with the video tape thing, its just adding fuel to the fire.

i dont care if he didnt shake the magic players hands, but hiding the video tape is just stupid... he has accomplished more than this Crawford kid ever will. i still dont understand why he wanted to confiscate the videos

cliff notes?

i think this thing is blown WAY out of proportion. So what if he gets dunked on, no one is perfect. Jordan and Kobe have been dunked on and even crossed. andfor that matter, Lebron looked like he wasn't even trying that hard on defense and the dude came with both hands and all his strength.

indifferent.gif

But do we know for sure that Lebron had the tape taken. Maybe that decision was actually made by Nike. There's a video on YouTube from when Lebron was inhigh school and he got crossed. It was worse than the dunk and you didn't hear anything about Lebron trying to have that removed. Lebron has been playingdamn near his entire life. I'm quite sure he understands getting crossed and dunked on is a part of the game.

Originally Posted by XxxxMT23xxxX

Article highlights - a clip of the Man Himself, Jordan, losing a casual game of best to 3 one-on-one at his own basketball camp. After the loss, Damon Wayans makes fun of him "how do you feel about being humiliated?" and Jordan explains "that's life. You get dunked on, you get crossed over." Basically, Jordan acts like a man with dignity. Losing is part of the game.
i respect and love lebron's game, but hes just held in higher regards compared to his peers... it sucks, but it is what it is. people already think he's a punk for not shaking hands, and now with the video tape thing, its just adding fuel to the fire.

i dont care if he didnt shake the magic players hands, but hiding the video tape is just stupid... he has accomplished more than this Crawford kid ever will. i still dont understand why he wanted to confiscate the videos

One thing with Mike, the 3 consecutive years he lost to Detroit in the playoff/ECF's, he ALWAYS shook their hands. Then when the Bulls finally beat them,all the Pistons with the exception of John Sally & Joe Dumars walked off the court with tics still on the clock; including a childhood (or college) friendof Mike. When he showed up at Mikes UNC camp he purposely made it a point to thoroughly embarrass dude for walking out with Detroit. Losing is a part of thegame AND being a basketball player. No team has ever gone undefeated, which means everyone's lost at one point or another. Same with getting dunked on.

So bottom line, LeBron is talented as a player, but it terrible as a man when it comes to court etiqute & integrity.

Originally Posted by toosmoove29

Originally Posted by XxxxMT23xxxX

Article highlights - a clip of the Man Himself, Jordan, losing a casual game of best to 3 one-on-one at his own basketball camp. After the loss, Damon Wayans makes fun of him "how do you feel about being humiliated?" and Jordan explains "that's life. You get dunked on, you get crossed over." Basically, Jordan acts like a man with dignity. Losing is part of the game.
i respect and love lebron's game, but hes just held in higher regards compared to his peers... it sucks, but it is what it is. people already think he's a punk for not shaking hands, and now with the video tape thing, its just adding fuel to the fire.

One thing with Mike, the 3 consecutive years he lost to Detroit in the playoff/ECF's, he ALWAYS shook their hands. Then when the Bulls finally beat them, all the Pistons with the exception of John Sally & Joe Dumars walked off the court with tics still on the clock; including a childhood (or college) friend of Mike. When he showed up at Mikes UNC camp he purposely made it a point to thoroughly embarrass dude for walking out with Detroit. Losing is a part of the game AND being a basketball player. No team has ever gone undefeated, which means everyone's lost at one point or another. Same with getting dunked on.

So bottom line, LeBron is talented as a player, but it terrible as a man when it comes to court etiqute & integrity.

Exactly. If it's your boy you say "it's not a big deal," but the big names have always done the little things. From Russell to Mike, the besthas always acted with respect. Bron acting like a little girl after her tricycle gets stolen is a big deal

have you ever watched before a game where he pats everyone on the back on the other team?

there's his dap and goodluck.

am I fully agreeing with him not shaking and wishing them luck after game 6, no he could have done that too. but if my team gave up on me, i would have donethe same damn thing, and I play pick up games for christ sakes. don't give me the "it's a different game" bs either. it's basketball. ifyou don't wanna win, maybe you shouldn't play, or maybe I am too competitive.

at this point it is what it is, the NBA wants Kobe to be the Pariah for a little longer before he retires in Yellow and Purp, THEN it can be Bron's time...whatever.

well i was hoping that Nike took those tapes to make a commercial, we all know what a great commercial makers they are
I think that is the only way to save lebron from this mess

something like..."be back stronger than ever on his 7th try"
showing the infamous facial dunk+losing to magic+etc.

if this happens...nike all i want is tons of shoes!!!

lebron will mature.

he is a freakish athlete. I'm not on the hype, but I am looking forward to his development to see how good he actually ends up... for now, everyone needsto stop crowning him the king.

Originally Posted by blacklion23

I'm not a big Lebron fan, but I respect his game. I just find it amazing that after one small incident, that a lot of people frowned upon, people continue to search for the negative. He didn't shake the other teams hand, so what. He got dunked on, so what it's basketball, that's a part of the game. I'm surprised he didn't receive the royal bashing for admitting to smoking weed. Dude was flawless in just about everyones eyes until the conference finals. Now a few months later we are discussing his takedown or downfall. Are you kidding me!? We sometimes put stars on too high a pedestal and forget that they are human.
I'm not going as far to say that Bron is on a "downfall" but he has acted pretty unprofessional.
The dunk tape thing:
he should have just let it release. no big deal. it does not compromise his reputation of one the NBA's best. people would watch the tape, laugh a littlebit
and then move on with life because as far as we know, Bron is still going to wreck next season and most likely lead the Cavs to the finals.
The not shaking hand after loss to the Magic:
i really think this makes Bron look worse over anything else that has happened. this action shows disrespect toward sportsmanship and the game of basketball.
i don't know about you guys, but the game of basketball is sacred to me. every time i step on the court, either playing or coaching, championship game orpick up game, i ALWAYS
approach the game of basketball to keep its honor and integrity and i expect others to do the same as well.

basketball is a privilege NOT a right...that goes for anyone, Kobe, Lebron, Wooden, and the jokes at yourlocal court.

Lebron forgot about that when he didnt shake hands. then he goes on the record and says "well its just like being in a fight and getting your butt kicked,you dont shake hands
after somebody beats you up"
IT WASNT ANYTHING LIKE THAT AT ALL.
If basketball was an individual sport like Boxing or Tennis then maybe i understand not shaking hands. but basketball is a TEAM sport. from what i recall,Lebron did not lose, the Cavs lost.
and besides...Lebron had a great game that night, the reason why they lost that game was because no one else stepped up. Lebron should have shook hands becausehe did all he could
do, and the Magic didnt beat him but they beat his team.

ZombieJesus12, I like your insight and I do agree it's an ugly move on Lebron's part. However, to make things square:

Michael Jordan was a 6-time NBA champion. He was playing ball with a group of established professionals, who are high up in the corporate ladder. Hewasn't playing for real or in any competitive way. Michael has established himself already and has had a successful career.

Lebron James HAS NOT got a ring yet. He was playing ball with a group of college kids, who are looking to move on to the NBA and would love to take a shot athim. In which case, it was a competitive pickup game. Lebron doesn't have anything under his belt other than a 2008-09 regular season MVP.

Originally Posted by DrewDioxin

have you ever watched before a game where he pats everyone on the back on the other team?

there's his dap and goodluck.

am I fully agreeing with him not shaking and wishing them luck after game 6, no he could have done that too. but if my team gave up on me, i would have done the same damn thing, and I play pick up games for christ sakes. don't give me the "it's a different game" bs either. it's basketball. if you don't wanna win, maybe you shouldn't play, or maybe I am too competitive.

at this point it is what it is, the NBA wants Kobe to be the Pariah for a little longer before he retires in Yellow and Purp, THEN it can be Bron's time... whatever.

It's not that you're too competitive Drew Dioxin, cause I play pick up & I'm yellin at cats like I've known them for years & it'smy first time playing with them. So I totally understand when you say if you don't wanna win, maybe you shouldn't play. But it's not theMagic's fault the rest of the Cavs gave up on LeBron, so that's no excuse IMO. And hell, everyone saw Courtney Lee dunk on him & he's shorterthan Crawford. LeBron just has a big ego like the Beyonce' song.

I agree that LeBron handled the whole tape issue horribly BUT I really think it's time that people stop hatin on him. People often complain about this andnitpick about that completely overlooking that he has already had a fantastic career. His only flaw is not having a championship(which he will attain in hiscareer.) Other than that and the fact that sometimes he can act like a brat sometimes, people should have nothing to say. Numbers dont lie.

NBA achievements and milestones
One of three players in NBA history to average at least 20 points, 5 rebounds and 5 assists in their rookie season.[3]
Includes Oscar Robertson and Michael Jordan.
One of five players in NBA history to average over 25 points, 7 rebounds and 7 assists in a season.[3]
Includes Oscar Robertson (achieved this six times), John Havlicek (achieved this twice), Larry Bird, and Michael Jordan.
One of four players in NBA history to average at least 31 points, 7 rebounds and 6 assists in a season.[3]
Includes Oscar Robertson (achieved this twice), Jerry West, and Michael Jordan.
One of two players in NBA history to average at least 27 points, 6 rebounds and 6 assists for five consecutive seasons.[3]
Behind Oscar Robertson, who achieved this eight consecutive times.
One of two players in NBA history to post at least 2000 points, 500 rebounds and 500 assists in a season for at least four times.[3]
Behind Oscar Robertson, who achieved this six times in his career.
One of three players in NBA history to average at least 30 points, 10 rebounds and 7 assists in a postseason series. [6]
Includes Oscar Robertson and Larry Bird.
One of three players in NBA history to record a triple-double in their playoff debut.[3]
Includes Johnny McCarthy and Magic Johnson.
One of two players in NBA history to win the NBA Player of the Month Award four times in one season (2008-09 season).[7]
Tied with Kevin Garnett, who achieved the same in the 2003-04 NBA Season.
One of four players in NBA history to lead their team in all five major statistical categories (total points, rebounds, assists, blocks andsteals) in a season (2008-09 season).[8]
Includes Dave Cowens (1977-78), Scottie Pippen (1994-95) and Kevin Garnett (2002-03).
2nd place all-time for consecutive 20-point games to start a playoff career with 19.[9]
Behind Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's 27 consecutive games
Most consecutive points scored for a team in a playoff game with 25 straight points.[10]

Youngest player records
Youngest player to be named NBA Most Valuable Player since Moses Malone in 1979.[3]
Youngest player to be named NBA Rookie of the Year (19 years of age).[3]
Youngest player to record a triple-double (20 years, 20 days).[3]
Recorded 27 points, 11 rebounds, and 10 assists on January 19, 2005 vs. Portland Trail Blazers.
Youngest player to score 30 points in a game (18 years, 334 days).[3]
Recorded 33 points on November 29, 2003 vs. Memphis Grizzlies.
Youngest player to score 40 points in a game (19 years, 88 days).[3]
Recorded 41 points on March 27, 2004 vs. New Jersey Nets.
Youngest player to score 50 points in a game (20 years, 80 days).[3]
Recorded 56 points on March 20, 2005 vs. Toronto Raptors.
Youngest player to score 2,000 points in a season (2004-05).[3]
Youngest player to average 30 points per game in a season (2005-06).[3]
Youngest player to be awarded All-NBA honors (2004-05).[3]
Youngest player to be named to the All-NBA first team (21 years, 138 days).[3]
Youngest player to win an All-Star Game MVP (21 years, 55 days).[3]
Youngest player to reach:[3]
1,000 points
2,000 points
3,000 points
4,000 points
5,000 points
6,000 points
7,000 points
8,000 points
9,000 points
10,000 points
11,000 points
12,000 points

2-time NBA All-Star Game MVP: 2006,[2] 2008
3-time NBA First-team
1-time NBA All-Defensive First Team
5-time NBA All-Star: 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 [2]
5-time All-NBA: 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 [2]
1-time NBA All-Defensive: 2009 [2]
FIBA Americas Championship: 2007 [3]
Olympic Champion: 2008 [3]
NBA regular season leader, points per game: 2008 (30.0).[2]
NBA regular season leader, field goals made: 2005 (795), 2008 (794).[2]
NBA regular season leader, free throws made: 2009 (594). [2]
NBA regular season leader, minutes played: 2005 (3,388), 2007 (3,190).[2]
NBA regular season leader, triple-doubles: 2009 (7).[2]
NBA regular season leader, efficiency: 2008 (30.3), 2009 (30.9).[2]
NBA regular season leader, traditional three-point plays: 2006 (79).

am i the only one who doesnt care about the "youngest to do" records??
sorry some of those are garbage stats.. after seeing what his team try to do for him to get a "triple double" against the knicks after what kobe didis a joke...

Originally Posted by B Hype Free

lebron will mature.

he is a freakish athlete. I'm not on the hype, but I am looking forward to his development to see how good he actually ends up... for now, everyone needs to stop crowning him the king.
you say that like its 04-05 season
laugh.gif
smh.gif
....boy been doin damage and he's prettymuch the best player in the L. What are you lookin forward to exactly??

As for dudes questioning his integrity and sayin he's a terrible man??
smh.gif
....goin on like he spat in Dwights face and %#!$
laugh.gif

Must suck to be like him and Kobe (as far as scrutiny is concerned).....dudes pick at the smallest of things
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom