LEBRON JAMES 7 YEAR ROOKIE CONTRACT WITH NIKE.... ALMOST UP?

Not too long ago, a young Ohio teenager signed a staggering, eye popping 7 year, 90 mil contract with Nike Inc. Given the previous success of some other Nikebasketball wearing player in Chicago, Nike was not to be outbid for the phenom.

Well...its almost up - THAT FAST.

What do you think Nike will do on the renewal? How high do you think they will set the bar?

Is LBJ on the verge of his own line? Will we stop seeing Swooshes on his kicks in the near future? (Jordans started with the AJ7)

Just some food for thought....

I'm not sure if his contract has been renewed, if it has, then please disregard this post.

GOOD post ... and I wonder ???????

cant wait to see whats going to happen .

trust me he will stay with nike ...no doubt about it ...look at what he has done so far..or he might move away like jordan

If i were Nike I wouldn't set the bar that high...where else would hego
nerd.gif

'

Originally Posted by Executive76

If i were Nike I wouldn't set the bar that high...where else would he go
nerd.gif

'
indifferent.gif
and
laugh.gif

looif Nike doesnt offer him the highest possible contract any company would offer him any amount of money easily. Hes an instant profit to any company period.

should be interesting to se what nike does. I would love the idea of lebron not having the swoosh any longer and having his own symbol

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

Originally Posted by Executive76

If i were Nike I wouldn't set the bar that high...where else would he go
nerd.gif

'
indifferent.gif
and
laugh.gif

looif Nike doesnt offer him the highest possible contract any company would offer him any amount of money easily. Hes an instant profit to any company period.

Hmm...If Adidas or whoever couldn't offer more than 90mil to him back in 03 what makes you thinkthey could 2010?

i think Lebron should stay with NIKE to tell the truth it seems to me that, they have a good chemistry already so why not stay ?

because teams are not going to offer him more then 90 again

fact is, the lebron 3, 4, and 5, were found in most clearance racks
along with the zoom lebron st, soliders, and all the other random stuff
how often do you see lebron apparel and shoes at the outlets?
sure he's "lebron james" but his profit margin is not that huge.

Hes an instant profit to any company period.

I don't think that is true at all. Professional athlete's as sponsors are not money makers like they were 10-15 years ago. I don't think Nikesigned Bron 7 years ago cuz they thought he would make a ton of money for them. I think it was more to show Adidas and Reebok who was king.

Bron will prob stay with the swoosh but he will never have his own brand. His name does not sell like Jordan did and still does.

Originally Posted by daaznfella

Good point, but don't you think eventually it will reach that point ?

Originally Posted by harlem world 23

Good point, but don't you think eventually it will reach that point ?
they are pushing all his team soldiers and other shoes at lower price points, because simply put, his sigs aren't selling that well. this yearhas been different with nike's new approach of making their marquees a bit more limited, see kobe iv and bron vi, but again, how much will nike have tospend before they begin to break even?

the question is, would people jump to buy the other brand shoes? Im not too sure about that. Nike seems to reign supreme. You dont hear much about theadidas' players sig. models and their successes (not just here at NT which they might not even get recognized. but in general) the problem with most ofthese lines are that there are too many colorways and to add, COLORWAYS he doenst even wear in game the majority of the time. The "PE" and limited tofamily rare crap is what people want. GRs mean nothing now.. its a sad evolution imo.

Jordan wore what WE could BUY 100% of the time. kobes line and lebrons line, those players wear what we buy maybe 5% of the time. the rest of the time, itslimited PE releases.

I don't think Nike's going to throw another $90mil on the table (or anything close to that number). I think it's going to be a percentage cut ofwhatever he can sell (more like commission-based).

The first time was because of a bidding war between shoe companies of a great potential player coming out of highschool, and speculations for the demand of hissignature shoes was off the charts. But now, adidas and reebok have the resources to evaluate how good Lebron James can actually sell shoes based on all ofhis signature shoes and apparel from 2003-2010 (they can obtain these market reports and have analysts forecast how much money they should throw at him andwhat kind of return they can make off that). That's not all, adidas and reebok would also have to evaluate their own signature products and how the marketreact to their brand, such that even though they have/had top tier athletes under their umbrella, if the brand doesn't sell then it doesn't sell. Ifthey win Lebron James (far-fetched idea per-say), offer him $90million, they would know that it would be nearly impossible to recover that kind of money forthe duration of his contract with precedents to how adidas and reebok bring in on sales.

With that said, if no one is competing for Lebron James for round 2 of the bidding war, Nike has no reason to throw cash at him.

Originally Posted by NY GIANTS 11

Not too long ago, a young Ohio teenager signed a staggering, eye popping 7 year, 90 mil contract with Nike Inc.

Note to self:

-Place basketball in the hands of 1st born son right after the doctor smacks behind...

Let it be known that Nike has ALREADY made their profits once retailers have purchased them. Regardless of how they sell in stores, the bank byNike has already been made.

the thing is................

90 MIL WAS A LOT FOR A ROOKIE....

WONDER HOW MUCH THEY'LL OFFER NOW..... NOW THAT NIKE KNOWS HOW VALUABLE HE IS

you make a good point but thats in the US and unfortunately nike is more concerned with asia where lebron and kobe are huge

Originally Posted by cardk5790

you make a good point but thats in the US and unfortunately nike is more concerned with asia where lebron and kobe are huge

ummm.... isnt Kobe bigger than lebron and JB put together in ASIA? anyways, Nike knows how Big Lebron can get later down his career... so wemight see him coming back to nike for sure

AND IF ANYONE KNOWS........ which probably no one does, maybe rocdeep...

Does Lebron's Nike contract include his Sig shoes? or is it his Nike apparel and accessories

i assume it might but do we really know what the contract consists of?

He should stay at Nike, but he should also stay in Cleveland...so we'll see about that......

Back
Top Bottom