Lebron James: Art of Passing

LOL @ LeBronze padding his stats. I guess he does that for the whole 40 mins? Yall dudes are wild man.

I watch more basketball than you. Let me break it down for you
The guy who receive the pass has the responsibility to know where to be on the court to receive the pass. AKA get to an open spot.
You think Lebron has the ability to make Mike Miller, James Jones, Battier etc make their 3 point shot? LOL
No he doesn't. What Lebron can only do is draw attention to the paint and then kick out to the shooter.
My point is if the shooter doensn't make his shot then Lebron would have no assist. It doesn't matter how nice or fancy of a pass Lebron just made.
You really think Ron Artest and Fisher know how to get open and can shoot 3 as good as Battier, Miller or Jones?
lol excuse me everybody for feeding the obvious troll.........

you can't seem to comprehend that lebron gets his teammates easy looks and hes been doing that no matter who he plays with, his entire career... his assists are more than just guys shooting 3's, its getting guys LAY-UPS AND DUNKS.. under your logic jameer nelson should be averaging 20 assists a game since he has all shoooters surrounding him.. you clearly dont understand simple basketball, and im probably arguing with a 15 year old which makes this all the more worse...  you sound silly......... 

I hate lebron and even i think you need to just stop talking. Just stop. So stupid. Plenty of valid crticisms. This aint one. Hes a disgusting creator and passer

Forcing up shots is better than making the right play?
Assists don't matter?
Man...This thread got ugly :x
Seems like we're on the same page. That's the worst argument I've ever heard against Bron during the "hate period" about him being clutch or not. ESPN had a good article with statistics supporting LeBron and CP3 as two of the best in "clutch situations" based on points per possession. Both players, in short, make the right basketball play when it counts. They have the vision, passing ability, and poise to make the right decision with basketball games on the line.

lol excuse me everybody for feeding the obvious troll.........

you can't seem to comprehend that lebron gets his teammates easy looks and hes been doing that no matter who he plays with, his entire career... his assists are more than just guys shooting 3's, its getting guys LAY-UPS AND DUNKS.. under your logic jameer nelson should be averaging 20 assists a game since he has all shoooters surrounding him.. you clearly dont understand simple basketball, and im probably arguing with a 15 year old which makes this all the more worse...  you sound silly......... 

No you're the one who don't understand basketball.
Since you want it im going to let you have it lol

First of all Jameer Nelson is not a great point guard to begin with. He's not even a good scorer. He also doesn't have the size and quickness to drive to the paint like Lebron does so he doesnt draw as much attention on offense. You could have use a better example like Nash, Cp3 etc. Not jameer nelson lol

Lebron can drive to the basket so he can create more attention to himself on offense thus allowing other guys to get open.

If you go back and look at the Cavs and Heat. You can see how they always surround Lebron with good shooters: Mo William, Gibson, Parker, Battier, Miller, Jones, Chalmer etc. All of them can hit 3s. Then you got guys like Bosh, Haslem, etc who are good with pick and roll and can hit the mid range jumper consistently.

The point is Lebron wouldnt get as many assists if his teammate don't make their shot. Plain and simple. Lebron tried to connect his teammates for easy looks at least 15 times a game in 2008 2009 and they bricked most of the time. That's why the Cavs lost to Boston and Magic

You don't think a guy like Kobe or Durant can get 8-9 assist a game if they were to try? If Kobe decide to pad his assist stat for a given night he could have done so if he has good legit shooters and good pick and roll player surround him who can hit mid range consistently. I can't count how many time Kobe pass the ball and the open guy miss thus ruined a lot of his passes.

Next

I think we've all concluded that you don't know what you're talking about but for some reason I just can't help but marvel at ridiculously stupid you sound every time you post . It's funny because you're not even trolling...you actually believe this stuff :lol:

"The point is Lebron wouldnt get as many assists if his teammate don't make their shot"

:rofl:

This is like saying "If I don't go to sleep...I can't wake up"

So what you're telling me is...
Kobe would probably average more assists if his teammates actually made their shots
when he passed huh?
And you didn't answer the Magic Johnson question
Was magic padding his stats too?

Yeap. You just figured that out? You must have not watch much basketball or know how frustrate it is to see a nice pass didn't turn into an assist because your teammate brick lol. Just count how many time Kobe teammate put up bricks in a game

As far as Magic he could have pad his stats easily (which he did many times btw) since he got a bunch of HOFs surrounded him. Notice how Magic was not a good scorer of the dribble or in traffic so he focus more on passing to the other good finishers like Worthy, Scott, Kareem etc.

You really need to watch more basketball

next

I think we've all concluded that you don't know what you're talking about but for some reason I just can't help but marvel at ridiculously stupid you sound every time you post . It's funny because you're not even trolling...you actually believe this stuff :lol:
"The point is Lebron wouldnt get as many assists if his teammate don't make their shot"
:rofl:
This is like saying "If I don't go to sleep...I can't wake up"

Two totally different things but hey if you're stupid enough to think they're the same.

:rofl: so passing the ball is padding your stats? :lol:
Bye man.

Not entirely but In a small way yes. If you know your teammate can hit

Also if you're afraid to take the last shot because you fear it might ruin your FG% then that's consider stat padding too

Here's the only thing that kind of made sense in your illogical and nonsensical ramblings.

My fault for getting sucked into your trolling. You see.. you have to be trolling because your opinions and views are so off base that no other option makes sense. 

So you admit you've been defeated because you can't deny the truth about assist? lol ok

What's so illogical about my post? You don't get an assist if your receiver don't make the shot. Simple as my screen name ABC lol

Have you ever play ball on a team where you are the main ball handler? What happen when you try to connect a guy with a nice pass but he miss? Tell me. :lol: Do you get an assist out of that too? Let say you pass the ball 20 times but your teammates brick 14 times thus you only get 6 assists. Does that mean you only pass the ball about 6 times a game?

Thanks lol

Last edited:
First of all, your screen name isn't ABC...

And I'll just leave this here man:

as·sist
   [uh-sist]
verb (used with object)
1. to give support or aid to; help: Please assist him in moving the furniture.
2. to be associated with as an assistant or helper.

verb (used without object)
3. to give aid or help.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/assist

Last edited:
Making instantaneous decisions based on increasingly complicated dynamic defenses armed with best athletes in the world rotating to take away every conceivable passing angle, and lane to penetrate.

But yeah anybody can do that you just have to try. :lol:

There is a reason Chris Paul led teams are deadly in crunch time...

Here's the only thing that kind of made sense in your illogical and nonsensical ramblings.

My fault for getting sucked into your trolling. You see.. you have to be trolling because your opinions and views are so off base that no other option makes sense. 
So you admit you've been defeated because you can't deny the truth about assist? lol ok

What's so illogical about my post? You don't get an assist if your receiver don't make the shot. Simple as my screen name ABC lol

Have you ever play ball on a team where you are the main ball handler? What happen when you try to connect a guy with a nice pass but he miss? Tell me.
laugh.gif
Do you get an assist out of that too? Let say you pass the ball 20 times but your teammates brick 14 times thus you only get 6 assists. Does that mean you only pass the ball about 6 times a game?

Thanks lol
I'm not "defeated"... it's like arguing with a 4th grader and I'm an adult. I could keep going back and fourth and it wouldn't matter because you simply do not get it. You're trying to discredit Lebron because of the argument "he has good shooters on his teams so his assists aren't impressive"

If your basic argument is "Lebron wouldn't get many assists if his teammates didn't hit his shots".. that's not even a "point", it's a fact so simple and basic that I've NEVER seen anyone ever argue it. If you think by agreeing with that "argument" you've defeated me.. then congrats, I guess.

Yes, assists are dependent on your teammate making their shot.. but you're trolling if you can't tell the difference between Lebron trying to "pad his stats" by getting assists and actually watching him play. Like I said before, if he was actually padding his stats, he wouldn't still be scoring 28 a game.. AND getting 7-8 rebounds a game along with his assists... and doing it all efficiently. 

Listen to yourself..
Also if you're afraid to take the last shot because you fear it might ruin your FG% then that's consider stat padding too
First, there's no way you can think Lebron fears ruining his FG%. So that's baseless. If you think missing one shot at the end of close games will "RUIN" his FG%, and that fear influences him, then you're insane. Consider how often a game comes down to the final shot, then consider how many times Lebron would have to miss it to actually impact his overall FG%, and you see how little sense you actually make.

Last edited:
No you're the one who don't understand basketball.
Since you want it im going to let you have it lol
First of all Jameer Nelson is not a great point guard to begin with. He's not even a good scorer. He also doesn't have the size and quickness to drive to the paint like Lebron does so he doesnt draw as much attention on offense. You could have use a better example like Nash, Cp3 etc. Not jameer nelson lol
Lebron can drive to the basket so he can create more attention to himself on offense thus allowing other guys to get open.
If you go back and look at the Cavs and Heat. You can see how they always surround Lebron with good shooters: Mo William, Gibson, Parker, Battier, Miller, Jones, Chalmer etc. All of them can hit 3s. Then you got guys like Bosh, Haslem, etc who are good with pick and roll and can hit the mid range jumper consistently.
The point is Lebron wouldnt get as many assists if his teammate don't make their shot. Plain and simple. Lebron tried to connect his teammates for easy looks at least 15 times a game in 2008 2009 and they bricked most of the time. That's why the Cavs lost to Boston and Magic
You don't think a guy like Kobe or Durant can get 8-9 assist a game if they were to try? If Kobe decide to pad his assist stat for a given night he could have done so if he has good legit shooters and good pick and roll player surround him who can hit mid range consistently. I can't count how many time Kobe pass the ball and the open guy miss thus ruined a lot of his passes.
Next
lol you just aren't that bright man....... im sorry..

Tom Brady isn't a great QB  because if his receivers dont catch the ball then he gets no yards or TD's...  Thats how silly you sound...  and lol if you put lebron on the lakers, his assist numbers would only go up.. kobe is just not a good passer.. to make it seem like any guy in the league can drop dimes, is just silly and for you to think that lebron TRIES TO PAD HIS STATS BY PASSING the ball is the dumbest thing i might have ever heard in my life.....

so yes under your logic lebron james wouldnt get as many assists if his teamates wouldnt make the shot, which is so supremely obvious its ridiciolous and tom brady wouldnt get any yards if his receivers didn't catch the ball.. kevin durant wouldn't get any points if he didn't shoot the ball so he shoots so many times to pad his stats... thats how you sound... silly as hell

lol you just aren't that bright man....... im sorry..
Tom Brady isn't a great QB  because if his receivers dont catch the ball then he gets no yards or TD's...  Thats how silly you sound...  and lol if you put lebron on the lakers, his assist numbers would only go up.. kobe is just not a good passer.. to make it seem like any guy in the league can drop dimes, is just silly and for you to think that lebron TRIES TO PAD HIS STATS BY PASSING the ball is the dumbest thing i might have ever heard in my life.....

so yes under your logic lebron james wouldnt get as many assists if his teamates wouldnt make the shot, which is so supremely obvious its ridiciolous and tom brady wouldnt get any yards if his receivers didn't catch the ball.. kevin durant wouldn't get any points if he didn't shoot the ball so he shoots so many times to pad his stats... thats how you sound... silly as hell

:rofl: sit down. You're really taking thing off context here kiddo. Did i said Lebron can't pass? Did i said any guy and bum in the league can drop dimes? Kobe can't pass? Really now? :rofl:

Lebron passing the ball doesn't mean he play just to solely pad his stat. I said he could pad his stat if he choose to do so. Just like Kobe could win a game against the bobcat by just scoring 30 but he want pad his scoring stat so he would try to get 50 or 60 etc for example.

Geez this board has so many dumb sport fan. Trying to take things off context to get back at me lol. Nice try but you failed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom