Lebron James from jersey #23 to #6?

He should. Because 23 is obviously greatly connected to Jordan. He should have a number that is only unique to him.

^LeBron James will never be known for the number 23 the way MJ is..im not sure if there is a number that he could have that kind of connection with but 23 isntit.

Originally Posted by kash55

He should. Because 23 is obviously greatly connected to Jordan. He should have a number that is only unique to him.

Get our of Jordans image. Anytime anyone wears 23. It always comes back to MJ. Bron should go with 6. He'll start something.

works for me i always said Lebron should change his # and try and start his OWN legacy instead of following people. 23=MJ no matter what Bron does in hiscareer...

plus 6 isnt retired at the Garden... yet
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by THE GR8

works for me i always said Lebron should change his # and try and start his OWN legacy instead of following people. 23=MJ no matter what Bron does in his career...

plus 6 isnt retired at the Garden... yet
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

That's what I'm saying. And on top of that, he should start his legacy on a team with no legacy to speak of...say a team like Minnesota. He would haveall the credibility for the whole franchise, unlike if he went to NY or Chicago. Yeah, that would be cool.
tired.gif

^thats why he has Cleveland to himself.
who do you think they look to as the face of their franchise all time? Mark Price, Brad Daugherty, Chuck Person, Shawn Kemp? no. LeBron is the Cavs and thatswhy he shouldnt leave.

i've always said that Lebron should have never chosen #23.

it may have been cute in HS, but once you get to the league, come on. probably 90% of the league wants to wear #23, but they choose to wear another number oftheir own out of respect. but noo, The King just goes in and takes #23..
eyes.gif

Jordan is single-handedly responsible for the NBA's current stature. His number deserves to be retired; if he didn't retire twice it would have been aminimum 10-peat for the Bulls. Jordan is responsible for the current state of sports marketing as well; he personally generated billions and billions ofdollars. He pioneered the sneaker game with the first $100 shoe. When you hear the '92 Dream Team talk about Jordan, you realize he mattered more than anyother player had or ever will. He has also pulled off the most spectacular plays in NBA history. Not to mention being the most clutch player we have ever seen.People in remote areas of China and the Congo knew who Jordan was. He made the NBA. Pre-MJ, the highest paid player was Magic at like 3 mill a year. We saw thefirst $20 million dollar contracts emerge after Jordan's first retirement in the mid 90s. He is personally responsible for the culture of athleticism,strength training, and competitiveness we see in the NBA today.

Wilt and Russell played in an era with many fewer teams. It was much easier for the Celtics to win 11 championships in 13 years with a team of hall of fameplayers and half the number of teams the league has today.

There are a myriad of reasons why Jordan is perhaps the most impactful athlete in history, and there are a bunch of other reasons I haven't even mentioned.

Originally Posted by Skew it on the Bar B

Jordan is single-handedly responsible for the NBA's current stature. His number deserves to be retired; if he didn't retire twice it would have been a minimum 10-peat for the Bulls. Jordan is responsible for the current state of sports marketing as well; he personally generated billions and billions of dollars. He pioneered the sneaker game with the first $100 shoe. When you hear the '92 Dream Team talk about Jordan, you realize he mattered more than any other player had or ever will. He has also pulled off the most spectacular plays in NBA history. Not to mention being the most clutch player we have ever seen. People in remote areas of China and the Congo knew who Jordan was. He made the NBA. Pre-MJ, the highest paid player was Magic at like 3 mill a year. We saw the first $20 million dollar contracts emerge after Jordan's first retirement in the mid 90s. He is personally responsible for the culture of athleticism, strength training, and competitiveness we see in the NBA today.

Wilt and Russell played in an era with many fewer teams. It was much easier for the Celtics to win 11 championships in 13 years with a team of hall of fame players and half the number of teams the league has today.

There are a myriad of reasons why Jordan is perhaps the most impactful athlete in history, and there are a bunch of other reasons I haven't even mentioned.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

eek.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Skew it on the Bar B

Jordan is single-handedly responsible for the NBA's current stature. His number deserves to be retired; if he didn't retire twice it would have been a minimum 10-peat for the Bulls. Jordan is responsible for the current state of sports marketing as well; he personally generated billions and billions of dollars. He pioneered the sneaker game with the first $100 shoe. When you hear the '92 Dream Team talk about Jordan, you realize he mattered more than any other player had or ever will. He has also pulled off the most spectacular plays in NBA history. Not to mention being the most clutch player we have ever seen. People in remote areas of China and the Congo knew who Jordan was. He made the NBA. Pre-MJ, the highest paid player was Magic at like 3 mill a year. We saw the first $20 million dollar contracts emerge after Jordan's first retirement in the mid 90s. He is personally responsible for the culture of athleticism, strength training, and competitiveness we see in the NBA today.

Wilt and Russell played in an era with many fewer teams. It was much easier for the Celtics to win 11 championships in 13 years with a team of hall of fame players and half the number of teams the league has today.

ok relax buddy
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom